Blackviper Engine Build

LoveThisTruck said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: Can't wait to see the results!
you should hook up a vac gauge on yours if your taking it back to a dyno, might be your next mod:rock:

blackviper said:
I'm expecting closer to 100 rwhp.

100rwhp from this new plenum and TB:dontknow: If its anywhere near that I'm sure there will be a list of people wanting it:rock: (including me:D)

kyle's srt10 said:
100rwhp from this new plenum and TB:dontknow: If its anywhere near that I'm sure there will be a list of people wanting it:rock: (including me:D)

:dito:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
you should hook up a vac gauge on yours if your taking it back to a dyno, might be your next mod:rock:

If this does anything close to what George is expecting, it'll be my next mod... no doubt.

Guys, I have previously posted some information concerning vacuum outside the T/B and its affect on rwhp, directly off Kenne Bell's website. He's verified that that one inch of vacuum represents approximately 25 to 35 rwhp.

I know I should be well over 2 inches of vacuum as hard as I'm spinning the S/C. For those with the 10 lbs pulley, there maybe some gain but not as much as I'm expecting. Lastly, you would have to change the T/B and get the larger plenum. The Roe or X-Metal T/B's only flow approx 1550 CFMs vs. the Accufab I'm using that flows 2090 CFM's.

Thanks for the clarification George. Your build has been a joy to many of us...it almost stoked my fires for more hp, but I was able to repress the urge...I already have more than I can handle.

Regardless of the outcome (which I think is going to be wonderful) the journey has been a blast of stimulation that I for one have totally enjoyed.

Thank you!

Prof said:
Thanks for the clarification George. Your build has been a joy to many of us...it almost stoked my fires for more hp, but I was able to repress the urge...I already have more than I can handle.

Regardless of the outcome (which I think is going to be wonderful) the journey has been a blast of stimulation that I for one have totally enjoyed.

Thank you!
:dito:

I thought about searching for more, but the street will not take it. But I have loved every minute of this endeavor. I am hopeful to see the first 800 HP Roe.

Thanks for the kind words Prof and Dale.

Will do Dom. Hopefully, I'll have the plenum and T/B back on the truck over the weekend. I still have to order the Daytona Signals nitrous controller and ditch the NX one. Have you figured yours out yet?

Here are some camera phone pics of today's progress. Some final tweaks tomorrow and it should be good to go.

Plenum10.jpg

Plenum12.jpg

Plenum11-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. The firewall had to be modified a little. We also had to loosen the cab mount bolts in order to jack up the cab and start the the threads on the back bolts of the plenum. Then we cut down an allen key and tightened the rear bolts using a 1/4 wrench on the allen key. All in all, it went smother than expected.

I think at this point, it"s become a hobby rather than a project or build.

Are you done with yours yet?

I'll tell you what, if I can figure out how to make it all wheel drive, I'll be done.

Have you given this any thought Tony? I had a 2004 Dodge Ram that was powered by a HEMI and it was all wheel drive rather than a 4 X 4. I wonder if that front end would work?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back