Blackviper Engine Build

Justin is already working on the plenum. It's going to be a one piece design rather than all the sections bolted together. It was a great surprise he went in that direction considering I may end up with a compounded boost setup. Now I have no worries with the plenum bleeding off boost. Wooohooo!

Last edited:
Hey George something I have been thinking about. How much would we gain (with the s/c) if we removed the AC from the equation. I know the 3.3 is capable of 30psi at 15k-18k rpms. Would this help or no?

It's my understanding that having the A/C compressor on will only consume about 7hp at high rpms. I would speculate it would be half of that with it off just because there would still be a parasitic loss. So in other words, I wouldn't think there would be much of a gain. Today's compessors are much more efficient.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the redesigned plenum that will fit the massive Accufab throttle body. There was one revision made after these pics were taken to reduce any turbulence. The recesses for the front bolts that secure the plenum to the S/C were removed and I will be using stainless steal pan head allen bolts to secure it from inside the enclosure.

LargeronepieceplunumfortheRoeSCPic1.jpg

LargeronepieceplunumfortheRoeSCPic2.jpg

No more vacuum on the filter side of the TB now. Looks like you are on the way to being the first build to unleash the Roe to achieve its greatest potential HP. Sean should be underwriting your R&D. :D

When I was tuning my truck in May on the 5th pass my boost dropped to 8 psi form 10. When I drove it later it was back to 10 psi. We think the stock tensioner is the problem. Is yours stock or do you have a aftermarket one?

Got the plenum back from Justin. Here are a few pics.

PL1.jpg

PL2.jpg

PL4.jpg

PL5.jpg

When I was tuning my truck in May on the 5th pass my boost dropped to 8 psi form 10. When I drove it later it was back to 10 psi. We think the stock tensioner is the problem. Is yours stock or do you have a aftermarket one?

Sounds like heat soak or belt slippage. I'm using the stock tensioner but I have plenty of belt wrap.

awesome dude i can wait to see if it picks up the hp your expecting, your aiming for around 30hp more with this right?

Throttle linkage is already done. Justin was able to take the stock linkage and adapt it to the Accufab throttle body. I will be wrenching on the truck again this weekend.

blackviper said:
Throttle linkage is already done. Justin was able to take the stock linkage and adapt it to the Accufab throttle body. I will be wrenching on the truck again this weekend.

:rock: :rock: :rock: Can't wait to see the results!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back