bwellmaker's build

Looks good! My wife is gonna find the savings account empty one day...LOL!:burnout:

Thanks Mang,

I used the Russians stole our money and it worked.

I had my truck for over 8 years before I started any mods.

I was going to save up my beer money but phuck dat.

With some deals I found from fellow VTCoA members and some good deals from vendors, I was able to fall in love with my truck all over again. That gave it a new stance, better handling, a new sound and some serious new performance. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than what I was thinking about doing, which would have left me without "one" of these, one of a kind trucks.

I have made the right decision.

I am not done. Some serious brake upgrades will be next.

UIH,

Butch

Any pics of how the catch can hoses are routed, I have an 04 also and am looking into ways to plumb from the rear of the valve covers. Thanks. My valve covers are due here tomorrow and want to do the hoses before the intake goes back on....

Hawk,

Here are some pics of the catch can hose. I mounted it on the K&N box assembly which is not the place suggested by JMB. The hose supplied is a little short when the can is mounted in this position.

I took the rubber elbow removed from the plenum and installed it on the can so the hose would be running downward. If the hose was longer it would be ok. The hose kind of runs out in the middle of nowhere.

I did hit the local parts place but they did not have the kind of hose supplied with the can so I will look for some and when I do fix it.

B

How did you lock the old throttle blade screws into the new throttle body? I'd hate to see you loose a engine because one decided to back out.

I used blue loctite.

Do you think it will hold up under heat? I will swap the stock screws out with the supplied screws and loctite.

B

When I recently assembled my ROE I used red loctite with the screws provided and then used a spring punch to stake the threads.

Has anyone wondered why no one makes a single blade TB for our trucks?

They do, ROE Racing makes a huge one, thats the one i will be installing this upcoming week!!!!!!!

I personally have that tool and would not to that to threads. Only because you could almost never disassemble with out trashing the shaft. Bearings could go bad and such. Factory didn't do it so I will assemble as they did. Just my 2 cents.:burnout:

My OE bolts needed to be ground down to the shaft to remove without damaging the threads and I replaced my shaft bearings with new ones that Tony sent me, so I would stake the threads as most instructions state, Don't trust loctite alone!!!!

Thanks for the input guys.

I am confident in the install. I checked the torque required for a M4 X .70 screw and torqued as required. It was only about 22 in lb or like 3 N m for a screw that size. I also used red loctite after cleaning the screws and holes. With the proper torque and a good slathering with red loctite these screws are there for the long haul.

Butch

Last edited:
I personally have that tool and would not to that to threads. Only because you could almost never disassemble with out trashing the shaft. Bearings could go bad and such. Factory didn't do it so I will assemble as they did. Just my 2 cents.:burnout:

The factory does squish the threads of the screws, it prevents the possibility of a screw coming loose and destroying the engine. Everyone does this, even on 5hp Briggs engines.

Messing up the threads is good insurance that this doesn't happen. No damn way I'd let a screw from a $400 throttle body potentially destroy a $30,000 engine because I was worried about a throttle shaft bushing that most likely will never wear out as you described.

The factory does squish the threads of the screws, it prevents the possibility of a screw coming loose and destroying the engine. Everyone does this, even on 5hp Briggs engines.

Messing up the threads is good insurance that this doesn't happen. No damn way I'd let a screw from a $400 throttle body potentially destroy a $30,000 engine because I was worried about a throttle shaft bushing that most likely will never wear out as you described.

100%!!! There's been a few guys that got into some trouble with them losing the nut and it gong in the engine!! I did the same with marking the threads to make 100% sure they are going through my engine.

Thanks for the input guys.

I am confident in the install. I checked the torque required for a M4 X .70 screw and torqued as required. It was only about 22 in lb or like 3 N m for a screw that size. I also used red loctite after cleaning the screws and holes. With the proper torque and a good slathering with red loctite these screws are there for the long haul.

Butch

i think you are safe with the red loctite i wouldnt trust the blue though. i have heard of people using the red to hold pressed on lobes on cams and it held up for 100,000 miles

I used 272 which is good for 220 in lbs breaking torque and good for temps up to 450F That 3 X .07mm screw is there for the long hall.

Just a note: Truck is running great with all the new goodies. I have had the truck for 9 years and it has never gotten the looks and comments I get now since lowering. The new exhaust has great sound but could use a little more cam lump.

Hummmm....

B

Time for some more schnizzle

Got a steal on rotors and pads for all 4 corners plus a JMB Stage 1 traction kit. I do have the stage 2 upgrade on the way.

I was not really in the market for brakes but could not pass this up.

B

IMG_5128.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back