bwellmaker's build

UIH,

I looked at everything last night and it looks pretty straight forward. There are 2 bolts that attach the washer jug, the OEM pump and level sensor are used in the new jugs and appear to be installed with grommets. Access looks pretty simple as well. Tough to see how the sensor and pump mount because they are very close to the mount and its tough to see between. But when I rip dat schit out we will know.

The coolant jug has 1 bolt and a tab that slides into a slot and a hose.

I will submit "the report" with 27-8X10 glossy picture photos later today.

Dang, I think I just dated myself.

B

UIH,

Done.

Went pretty easy. Needed a 11 and 13mm sockets, 3 inch extension, ratchet/hammer, flat head screw driver/hammer, razor knife/small hammer, and a hammer.

Removal was pretty easy. Removed the washer jug first. The fluid is OEM from when the truck was new. Once the 2 attach bolts were removed, I positioned the the jug to remove the plugs from hell, removed the pressure line and the jug was out.

Pretty much the same with the coolant jug. It is only held in with one bolt and a tab at the top and bottom. Once loose with a little work it slides right out.

The bracket that holds the tab on top of the coolant jug is removed with some slight percussion assistance applied in a horizontal outward movement. It is not reused. After a little cleaning of the area, I was ready to move the pump and level sensor to the new jugs.

The pump slid right out. The level sensor has a float so make sure it is in the correct position to be removed. It looks like the float would just pop off if you did not position it correctly, however it is plastic and may break. You can see it when you look inside the OEM jug to position it to slide out.

I removed the "grizzly grommets" for the OEM jug. I put a little lube on the grizzly grommets inside and out and slid the grizzly grommet into the new jug. Then installed the pump and sensor into the new jug. Before mounting, I re-installed the plugs from hell and installed the pressure line to the pump outlet. Mounted and poured enough OEM washer fluid into the jug to leak check the "grizzly grommets" All was good.

The coolant jug went in just as easy. The plastic tab on the OEM jug is thick. When I re-installed the bolt it was a touch too long so I added a thick washer so the bolt would not bottom. The new coolant jug attach tab slides under one of the fan shroud tabs. With a little work it will all slide right into place.

I did trim the hoses supplied for the coolant jug to make a clean install. I also had to re-position the 90 degree brass fitting on the bottom of the coolant jug to get the hose to run nicely around the frame. I added hose clamps to all coolant jug hose connections as well.

B

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

UIH,

B

Last edited:
now those are a nice set of jugs you got there bud, nice job !!!

your on the right track...now paint that fugly brake fluid reservoir:D

Great write up. Man I may have to drive up to NY and take you up on that beer and do some jug removal/installs with you for my truck

UIH,

your on the right track...now paint that fugly brake fluid reservoir

Yea, what he said. I was looking at that pic yesterday and thought

"oooo look at that big azz honking zit on here forehead" it was the brake resv.

Great write up. Man I may have to drive up to NY and take you up on that beer and do some jug removal/installs with you for my truck

Any time Mang. There is no less that 5 drunken stoopers, maybe more, in my beer fridge at any given time.

now those are a nice set of jugs you got there bud, nice job !!!

There is something terribly wrong with the above statement but strangely enough, I like it in this instance.:D Dat was funny.

Also got the word from Tony. Headers will ship today.

Thanks guys

Butch

Outstanding, I'm looking at getting those in the "bare" aluminum finish. Out of money right now but maybe in a few months.... Nice write-up.

The truck is looking good Butch! Keep on updating us. :D

Thanks Mang,

The last of the goodies should all be here by the end of the week. We are off to some island where its warm for vacation so when we get back, I will be chopping at the bit to get the stuff installed.

I am going to check into getting on some rollers before I do any more if possible so there is a base line. Other than visual, the only thing not stock is the CAI. It's my understanding there is a local guy to me who works on Vipers and has access to a dyno.

B

Headers are beautiful!!

Thanks Mang,

After looking at all the options the Belangers covered all the requirement I was looking for. An all in one kind of package that for the most part bolts right up.

Now the time to get the stuff installed.

B

Thanks Mang,

After looking at all the options the Belangers covered all the requirement I was looking for. An all in one kind of package that for the most part bolts right up.

Now the time to get the stuff installed.

B

I will be going with Belangers also, good choice. At the risk of looking like an idiot, what does UIH mean at the beginning of your posts? :eek:

Long story but its from DMX..

"Up In Here" or UIH

Flying in the helicopter one day Surfing XM and ran across some crap, i mean rap station and that song was on. Myself and the pilot started singing along while flying and now we use it like...

"hello" "really" "cool" "goodbye" etc...

We will call it a term of endearment or a greeting.

You may also see me use "OFD" as well "Okie-Phucking- Dokie" = O-Kay

UIH

B

Long story but its from DMX..

"Up In Here" or UIH

Flying in the helicopter one day Surfing XM and ran across some crap, i mean rap station and that song was on. Myself and the pilot started singing along while flying and now we use it like...

"hello" "really" "cool" "goodbye" etc...

We will call it a term of endearment or a greeting.

You may also see me use "OFD" as well "Okie-Phucking- Dokie" = O-Kay

UIH

B

Got it! I'm picking up what you're putting down now! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back