Centerforce Clutch and Fidanza Fly Wheel...opinions please..

Should I Buy a New Clutch & Flywheel?

• Buy Clutch & Flywheel..

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Clutch only..

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Flywheel only...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do Not Buy Either!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am doing major work on the truck (which I will post in another thread) and will be pulling the motor...thought it would be a perfect time to replace the clutch and flywheel.......or should I?....both or one or the other?....if you have experience with both please vote in the poll above..thanks..

I have both and have no complaints. But what are your plans for your truck? 800 HP.... maybe the Fidanza isnt a good idea?:dontknow: I dont know. For everyday driving my setup is awesome. The stock flywheel seems to be working well in several SC'd trucks.............so keep that as a real option.

Either way, the stock clutch and hydrolics suck!!! Loose them for sure.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I have both and have no complaints. But what are your plans for your truck? 800 HP.... maybe the Fidanza isnt a good idea?:dontknow: I dont know. For everyday driving my setup is awesome. The stock flywheel seems to be working well in several SC'd trucks.............so keep that as a real option.

patrick

:hmmmm2:pat's pretty positively picky plan is perfectly proper by presuming particularly potential performance parts.:vollkommenauf: Now excuse me as I shall sell sea shells by the sea shore..

Just put in my second CenterForce. Love the clutch. This time I replaced the Fidanza with a stock flywheel to solve the "bog" problem coming off the line.

So that is my opinion...good luck...@ 800 rwhp...you must go forged everything...I am sure you are doing that.

Nothing against the fidanza...but...

When working with centerforce on the kit for the SRT-10 Ram, the kit was not designed with the fidenza, just factory flywheel. When we talked about it, we kept coming back to the same conclusion...Factory flywheel.

TNVIPER said:
Almost 50/50 votes here....looks like the clutch is probably a go..want to hear more about the flywheel though..:dontknow:

Clutch has to go;) Why do you have the interior out of your truck also:dontknow:

RedRamRules said:
What about the DC flywheel, lighter and still strong. Dont know anyone with it though.

Good question. DC is so reliable...someone with experience with this product needs to give us a review!

RedSrt007 said:
Nothing against the fidanza...but...

When working with centerforce on the kit for the SRT-10 Ram, the kit was not designed with the fidenza, just factory flywheel. When we talked about it, we kept coming back to the same conclusion...Factory flywheel.

Good info..

kyle's srt10 said:
Clutch has to go;) Why do you have the interior out of your truck also:dontknow:

Yes, I have decided the clutch is to be changed..:santaclaus: ...........why is my interior out?.....another thread will tell that story...many changes happening..:D

Venom Power said:
:hmmmm2:pat's pretty positively picky plan is perfectly proper by presuming particularly potential performance parts.:vollkommenauf: Now excuse me as I shall sell sea shells by the sea shore..

Tony's tongue twister?:dontknow: ;) LOL

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
patrick

Patrick, If I recall correctly you have 4.88 gears. This would make a light flywheel more likely to work correctly.

I am building the red truck and it will have 800+ HP and I am going with a heavy wheel. I am going to run a McLeod dual disk kevlar clutch with the heavy steel flywheel.

The light wheel works well in the Viper cars, but does not store enough energy for the trucks with 4.10s or 4.56s.

I have drag raced for many years, and a light wheel is good with the right combination. The heavy wheel works out better if you are not going with 4.88s or lower gears in the Viper truck.

The Centerforce is a good clutch set up. Go with the upgraded hydraulics.

FSTJACK said:
Patrick, If I recall correctly you have 4.88 gears. This would make a light flywheel more likely to work correctly.

I am building the red truck and it will have 800+ HP and I am going with a heavy wheel. I am going to run a McLeod dual disk kevlar clutch with the heavy steel flywheel.

The light wheel works well in the Viper cars, but does not store enough energy for the trucks with 4.10s or 4.56s.

I have drag raced for many years, and a light wheel is good with the right combination. The heavy wheel works out better if you are not going with 4.88s or lower gears in the Viper truck.

The Centerforce is a good clutch set up. Go with the upgraded hydraulics.

:confused: :confused: How heavey is it goingto be Jack, 75 lbs???:D :D :D

I just finished redoing my clutch, and went with a new stock flywheel. I would highly recomend upgrading the hydralics (master/slave) big difference in pedal feel.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back