Cheaper 2015 Vipers!

Who said anything about 50? I'll be 40 when my youngest moves out. :D

Dang... you started young huh?

Yeah were not ready for any little chillins anytime soon. My wifes IUD isn't going to be removed for 4 years anyway.

OK just got caught up on this thread, so who thinks that the maintenance on a new Viper is going to be cheaper than the exotics I mentioned????? Who here has had one long enough to know, It's too new to know so easy there fellas, no one knows yet.....Need to think outside the Dodge box sometimes, I still think these trucks are awesome but I'll stop there, keep it coming.....

Be nice, ontariobee. All of us deal with things differently. I, for example, have found that wrenching on my Duramax temporarily eases the pain I have from trading my '10. Hawk seems to deal with his frustration by lashing out against all things Viper. Just be happy you aren't his next door neighbor. No telling what he might do to your truck while you sleep. :D

Here? www.amazinghorsepower.com

Real nice there skippy:rofl::rofl::chain::burnout::D

OK just got caught up on this thread, so who thinks that the maintenance on a new Viper is going to be cheaper than the exotics I mentioned????? Who here has had one long enough to know, It's too new to know so easy there fellas, no one knows yet.....Need to think outside the Dodge box sometimes, I still think these trucks are awesome but I'll stop there, keep it coming.....

The drivetrain and engine components are pretty much the same as a Gen IV and the maintenance is rather cheap compared to exotics. All previous gens have been very durable and I'm sure the Gen V will be as well.

Its a whole new car and does have engine differences from the gen4, so as said before its too new to know for sure, but lets call it a day and all get hellcats! !!!!!!!!

Btw does anyone here have any of the cars I listed earlier with maintenance receipts to show the actual costs or are we all going by "it's an exotic so it has to be a fortune", i consider the viper to be an exotic also and we all know any car over $100,000 will be expensive to maintain.

Its a whole new car and does have engine differences from the gen4, so as said before its too new to know for sure, but lets call it a day and all get hellcats! !!!!!!!!

It has a few tweaks to the suspension and engine with a new interior and shell. I would not call it a completely new car. Of course the nanny features are all new.

Transmission fluid change on a GTR is $1000 vs $200 or so for a Viper.
$4-6k for a brake job vs 1-2k for a Viper.

Last edited:
It has a few tweaks to the suspension and engine with a new interior and shell. I would not call it a completely new car. Of course the nanny features are all new.

Transmission fluid change on a GTR is $1000 vs $200 or so for a Viper.
$4-6k for a brake job vs 1-2k for a Viper.

I was also told $6k for a GTR brake job by a Nissan mechanic.

But I do love them and feel it is the most impressive of all exotics.

Btw does anyone here have any of the cars I listed earlier with maintenance receipts to show the actual costs or are we all going by "it's an exotic so it has to be a fortune", i consider the viper to be an exotic also and we all know any car over $100,000 will be expensive to maintain.

I personally laid eyes on a receipt for a 30k service on a Ferrari 360 and it was $15k. It was a doctor that my wife works for. He sold the car and now DD's a Bentley Continental GT. He is going to be upset when he has to pay $30k to replace the trans or $6k to replace the 3rd brake lamp assembly.

I would take a new 645HP Viper for $85,000 way before I'd pay that for the GTR..... Sorry Chris

I'm with you on this one. I like the GTR, but let's be honest which car is going to turn more heads? The Viper is very exotic looking in comparison.

Id buy the viper over any of the other links posted bc I live vipers. I feel like we r tryin to convince an Obama supporter over here.....waste of time.

Id buy the viper over any of the other links posted bc I live vipers. I feel like we r tryin to convince an Obama supporter over here.....waste of time.
We've been over this, J. It's our job to help Hawk work through this difficult time. :D

I did love my truck but knew it was time to move on and now that I have(and extremely happy about it) I'm just trying to let others who look into something else know there are other choices out there, no hard times here just wanted to see how open minded others were and no one is, I do like all Vipers(cars and trucks) but my world no longer revolves around them. Just throwing stuff out there and when you do you become a "hater", there are things I hate but not here..................Gonna go buy 2 Vipers later then trade them in for a Ferrari!!!!!!!!LOL

I would take a new 645HP Viper for $85,000 way before I'd pay that for the GTR..... Sorry Chris

Good luck finding a "base" one for that, you and I know what they advertise and what is actually available are always 2 different things, especially car dealers/manufacturers. It's all to get you in the door and sell you the ones they have there, and it won't be many base ones............like I said just other choices to consider, you know what I have and it has been more fun than the 10 ever was, but that's just me.......When are you gonna go to BassPro???????:rock:

Good luck finding a "base" one for that, you and I know what they advertise and what is actually available are always 2 different things, especially car dealers/manufacturers. It's all to get you in the door and sell you the ones they have there, and it won't be many base ones............like I said just other choices to consider, you know what I have and it has been more fun than the 10 ever was, but that's just me.......When are you gonna go to BassPro???????:rock:

17 pages full of guys who are buying Gen 5's for $85k or less:

Gen 5...getting cheaper - Page 5 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

I did love my truck but knew it was time to move on and now that I have(and extremely happy about it) I'm just trying to let others who look into something else know there are other choices out there, no hard times here just wanted to see how open minded others were and no one is, I do like all Vipers(cars and trucks) but my world no longer revolves around them. Just throwing stuff out there and when you do you become a "hater", there are things I hate but not here..................Gonna go buy 2 Vipers later then trade them in for a Ferrari!!!!!!!!LOL
I think we are all intelligent enough to use the internet to see that there is other stuff out there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back