Cheaper 2015 Vipers!

Yup.

Look harder. Guy's on the 'alley have been buying the 2014's way back of the price you are taking about for a long time.
I'm sure they were I was just saying what I'm seeing here, been there for a year now...........

This. I have Maserati seat time, and when the exhaust is opened up, that Ferrari built V8 is the absolute best sounding vehicle on earth.
I saw that on How its made, dream cars......:rock:

Just a thought here: Even though there are some very intriguing used exotics out there that are comparable in price to the Viper (actually looked at a 2006 Gallardo several months ago for $125k), what one has to take into consideration is the anticipated maintenance and repair costs that will occur. For example, I heard the routine maintenance on that Gallardo is somewhere around $15k a year (admittedly hearsay), but I have to assume somewhat accurate; not to mention what a major component, brake change, or anything else associated with those cars would cost.

I remember looking at (admiring) a DB9 several years ago. The front rotors were 16" carbon fiber! I can't imagine what the replacement cost would be. Kinda makes me think about some of the people I see riding around in a used 7 series BMW on a $50k year salary. You may be able to afford the monthly payment, but when something breaks, watch how long it sits. These are also the type of people that are highly likely to take such a car to a Jiffy Lube for service. I'm not saying that is the case for anyone here, and hopefully I'm not offending anyone, just making a point....at least how I see it.

Just a thought here: Even though there are some very intriguing used exotics out there that are comparable in price to the Viper (actually looked at a 2006 Gallardo several months ago for $125k), what one has to take into consideration is the anticipated maintenance and repair costs that will occur. For example, I heard the routine maintenance on that Gallardo is somewhere around $15k a year (admittedly hearsay), but I have to assume somewhat accurate; not to mention what a major component, brake change, or anything else associated with those cars would cost.

I remember looking at (admiring) a DB9 several years ago. The front rotors were 16" carbon fiber! I can't imagine what the replacement cost would be. Kinda makes me think about some of the people I see riding around in a used 7 series BMW on a $50k year salary. You may be able to afford the monthly payment, but when something breaks, watch how long it sits. These are also the type of people that are highly likely to take such a car to a Jiffy Lube for service. I'm not saying that is the case for anyone here, and hopefully I'm not offending anyone, just making a point....at least how I see it.
Great point! Nothing beats American muscle for ease of maintenance and low cost of ownership. Viper and Corvette are both champs at this.

There has to be a dodge hating forum out there hawk.........go join it!

Not hating, still like Dodge but at that price(which I'll never be able to afford anyway!!!) "I" would choose something else, just dreaming here so go easy, everyone has different dreams not just Dodge everything:chain::D;)

OH and I am a member of a few other forums for my new ride, so I have that covered and it's not a Dodge...........

There has to be a dodge hating forum out there hawk.........go join it!
Be nice, ontariobee. All of us deal with things differently. I, for example, have found that wrenching on my Duramax temporarily eases the pain I have from trading my '10. Hawk seems to deal with his frustration by lashing out against all things Viper. Just be happy you aren't his next door neighbor. No telling what he might do to your truck while you sleep. :D

OH and I am a member of a few other forums for my new ride, so I have that covered and it's not a Dodge...........
Here? www.amazinghorsepower.com

This is why our trucks gets turned over so quickly, people don't do their due diligence when something breaks they can't believe the cost to repair it.

This is exactly right. I think that the Viper has proven itself time and time again beating much more expensive cars on the track. As for the accuracy of the statement above... priceless! You can't compare used Audi's, Maserati's, and Ferrari's to a brand new Viper. You want to talk about expensive... one of my buddies had an Audi S5 and it was so expensive for parts and service, and one of my buddies still has his Maserati... have fun with that, you need to refinance your house to buy a windshield wiper!

Talked to the wife this morning about it....

Truck will be paid off in 6 months, I have some other small obligations that will take another 6 months....

Then, i'm buying one. Gotta do it before kids...

This is exactly right. I think that the Viper has proven itself time and time again beating much more expensive cars on the track. As for the accuracy of the statement above... priceless! You can't compare used Audi's, Maserati's, and Ferrari's to a brand new Viper. You want to talk about expensive... one of my buddies had an Audi S5 and it was so expensive for parts and service, and one of my buddies still has his Maserati... have fun with that, you need to refinance your house to buy a windshield wiper!

This! Everyone needs to listen to this guy. Last time I didn't I hurt my back. :eek: lol

Talked to the wife this morning about it....

Truck will be paid off in 6 months, I have some other small obligations that will take another 6 months....

Then, i'm buying one. Gotta do it before kids...

Haha, I had to wait until kids were out on their own!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back