Cleaned up my pistons

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

i could of grinded the bump down some more, but felt it would make no difference
IMAG0173.jpg

Slowly coming together
IMAG0175.jpg

You will want to continue grinding up inside each of the Intake ports, a lot farther than that...:top:

Last edited:
If he doesn't grind further into the ports is it still an improvement over stock?

If he doesn't grind further into the ports is it still an improvement over stock?

What you don't want to do is port a manifold so it becomes larger than the Intake Port of the head.
You want to make the manifold port the same size as the head's Intake Port, all the way up the runner.

I know what RamV10's application is in this case, so in answer to your question: NO, porting as shown in the photos would not be an improvement over stock.

It is my understanding he is working with a spare Intake Manifold so you would have to ask him what his final plans are as I believe it to be a work in progress..

Ronnie

Last edited:
Short video of my striker build first start up. There was a little oil on the header causing the smoke. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EBrGafZyk8]Ram srt 10 striker build first start up. - YouTube[/ame]

Short video of my striker build first start up. There was a little oil on the header causing the smoke. :)

Ram srt 10 striker build first start up. - YouTube

Glad it worked out for ya!! How many turns on the rockers?? They take away a lot of that Slant-Six lifter sound !

Don't forget about a new tune. Chris Jensen has done several with your setup.

Just ask OldColt how much difference a good tune can make to a Striker setup !!

Ronnie

Last edited:
Bought the heads and cam from ronnie, so thanks for all the help. I did 3/4 turn on the rockers and went with slow bleed lifters. I went ahead and got my tune from torrie and installed it before i fired it up. Now i hope torrie comes back to houston so i can get it tuned properly. I'm pretty much done with the engine, still have to finish fabing up my exhaust. It will be a couple more weeks until i have it on a dyno. Will post results.

Bought the heads and cam from ronnie, so thanks for all the help. I did 3/4 turn on the rockers and went with slow bleed lifters. I went ahead and got my tune from torrie and installed it before i fired it up. Now i hope torrie comes back to houston so i can get it tuned properly. I'm pretty much done with the engine, still have to finish fabing up my exhaust. It will be a couple more weeks until i have it on a dyno. Will post results.

damn I did not know you were in h-town ,,i did a full turn on my slow bleed lifters ,after you get them pumped up you should recheck them ,i had to on both my trucks after i did cam and slow bleeds ,;)
What head gaskets did you use ?

damn I did not know you were in h-town ,,i did a full turn on my slow bleed lifters ,after you get them pumped up you should recheck them ,i had to on both my trucks after i did cam and slow bleeds ,;)

oem gold head gaskets. I'm around 10.5 (+/-) CR. My heads were cut down a little to give me a 70cc chamber.

Last edited:
oem gold head gaskets. I'm around 10.5 (+/-) CR. My heads were cut down a little to give me a 70cc chamber.

A nice sweet spot for compression with those heads. Stryker cam as well? Cam choice could see Dynamic Compression up to 13.5-14!! :drool:

oem gold head gaskets. I'm around 10.5 (+/-) CR. My heads were cut down a little to give me a 70cc camber.

I know a place you can get a dyno fairly quick if you want ,just to get A/F pm me ill send you them their info and if you bring a zip drive the guy will load file you can send to torrie and he can get you a safe tune till he can get here himself ,,,and if he comes ill thrown in to get him do tweek mine too ,I data logged mine and sent him the info but I would feel better to have him in front seat to do the adjustments :smokin:

my Cr is right at 10.6 so you should put down some good numbers

I suggested he run 3/4 turn for a little more bottom end with that particular cam (and pushrod length we went with).

It should be killer...

STRIKERS KICK ASS !!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back