Clutch question??

kyle's srt10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would make the RPM's not fall off when clutch is pushed in while driving and changing gears?:dontknow: It works fine goes in/out of gear no problems. The truck has a spec clutch and viper master/slave

Never had this problem before just thought I ask to make it more simple to get it fixed:D

I actually wondered if the throttle cable might be hanging:dontknow:

Mine did that for two years, it drove me nuts. I tried every fix out there and nothing worked, until I had Chris Jensen tune the TPS. I haven't had a problem since.:):)

Mine started doing it when I changed the TB. Chris datalogged the truck and fixed the issue.

Yes, the truck has sit quite a bit in the last year for sure.

So should I start by replacing the TPS or is there something I can clean up first and try?

I'll give the TPS a shot tomorrow and see if that solves the problem.:rock:

Is it an aftermarket throttle body? And cleaning the IAT sensor may help also.

I've been good man, how about you? Glad to see your in another 10! I have 2 coffee table blocks now:eek: and one engine in the truck and one apart that ill hopefully have time to finish and mount those turbos on one day!

I've ran 2 different aftermarket tb's and both would sometimes idle high when I clutched it. I think there was a thread about it, and how someone had traced it down to the blades sticking/dragging. If I remember right they sanded a bit off the blade to fix it. It's been awhile back ill see if I can find the thread.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back