Completed SuperSnake Hood Pics .....

I'll start off by saying the hood looks killer, and I applaud you for all your work in bringing this hood to us.

But, I also was bummed the final product came out so square looking. I loved the concept photo, it kept the smooth lines and angles of the hood while still giving the scoop more height. Of course I would have wanted it without vents too, unless the vents were the same length as the ones on the new Vipers.

viperhood.jpg

Love this photo......

That is a bad ass looking front end. The combo of grill lights and hood is spectacular!

OK, the weather finally cleared up. So I was able to get the truck out, so here are some pics.
Srt10hood004.jpg

Srt10hood005.jpg

Srt10hood006.jpg

Bill.

ViperPowa said:
I'll start off by saying the hood looks killer, and I applaud you for all your work in bringing this hood to us.

But, I also was bummed the final product came out so square looking. I loved the concept photo, it kept the smooth lines and angles of the hood while still giving the scoop more height. Of course I would have wanted it without vents too, unless the vents were the same length as the ones on the new Vipers.

viperhood.jpg

Love this photo......

Again, the hood doesn't look nearly as 'square' in person. I noticed right away that it is difficult to get a photo that accurately depicts the true demensions.

When seen in person, it is much closer to the scoop in your post than can be seen in actual photo's.

Here are some shots that should make it clear that the scoop is not nearly as 'square' as it appears in most photo's.

TOPMOLD.jpg

11-20-newhood038.jpg

Begood said:
OK, the weather finally cleared up. So I was able to get the truck out, so here are some pics.
Srt10hood004.jpg

Srt10hood005.jpg

Srt10hood006.jpg

Bill.

Dang Bill, Between you and Jim I,m jealous now!!!!:congrats: :rock: Back to the paint shop with mine!!!:eek:

Last edited:
I think the flat black really set off the look of the hood. I'm glad my painter suggested it.

Bill.

Begood said:
I think the flat black really set off the look of the hood. I'm glad my painter suggested it.

Bill.

Exactly! I was about to post that same thought. It is amazing the enhancement resulting from contrasting the scoop.

I,m thinking metallic candy apple red or gold on mine.

supercar1of1 said:

Again, the hood doesn't look nearly as 'square' in person. I noticed right away that it is difficult to get a photo that accurately depicts the true demensions.

When seen in person, it is much closer to the scoop in your post than can be seen in actual photo's.

Here are some shots that should make it clear that the scoop is not nearly as 'square' as it appears in most photo's.

Yes I understand, again I'm not bashing you or the hood at all. The "square" looking part I'm talking about is the side of the hood scoop. For lack of a better term: The vertical wall angle comming up from the hood, and the angle from the verticle wall to the top of the hood scoop. I'll try make an illustration if I can. I do believe the lines could be smoother by moving the bottom of the scoop a little more outward to keep closer to the stock angle, however the vents take up the room on the side to make that possible. Without the vents the bottom could be moved out more further, and the top curve wouldn't be as sharp aswell. Would there possibly be an option for this if enough feel the same way, with a ventless hood?

ViperPowa said:

viperhood.jpg

Love this photo......

I have to agree here. The concept does look better IMHO:dontknow: Although the finished product is still killer:D

Begood said:
Srt10hood004.jpg

Srt10hood005.jpg

Srt10hood006.jpg

Bill.
:rock: :rock: :rock: They better be making more:mad: :D

supercar1of1 said:

Exactly! I was about to post that same thought. It is amazing the enhancement resulting from contrasting the scoop.

I,m thinking metallic candy apple red or gold on mine.

Or even just accents on the sides would look good:burnout:

ViperPowa said:
Yes I understand, again I'm not bashing you or the hood at all. The "square" looking part I'm talking about is the side of the hood scoop. For lack of a better term: The vertical wall angle comming up from the hood, and the angle from the verticle wall to the top of the hood scoop. I'll try make an illustration if I can. I do believe the lines could be smoother by moving the bottom of the scoop a little more outward to keep closer to the stock angle, however the vents take up the room on the side to make that possible. Without the vents the bottom could be moved out more further, and the top curve wouldn't be as sharp aswell. Would there possibly be an option for this if enough feel the same way, with a ventless hood?

Yes it is an option but there would have to be a few that would commit with some $$$ first.

I do believe if the base was moved further outwards, described in this pic, the lines would be smoother.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 357
supercar1of1 said:

Yes it is an option but there would have to be a few that would commit with some $$$ first.

RGR that, since new molds and all. It is a slight tweak or two, but the difference in look would be unreal.

ViperPowa said:
I do believe if the base was moved further outwards, described in this pic, the lines would be smoother.

They can make anything, it just takes $$$.

I will find out how much and post the answer.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back