Crower Cams

Stinker said:
side by side, intake comparison, valve comparison , a set of the rockers

Those are so sweet looking :rock:

What you going to do, put them on your sled for PCB? :dontknow:

Da1Chief said:
Those are so sweet looking :rock:

What you going to do, put them on your sled for PCB? :dontknow:
:D :D :D :D they like my block have been sitting for two years now:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

jsut got too much goin on to mess with my own stuff:eek:

what would be the compession on them with 10.1 ,,,i mean the reading in psi on a compression gauge ,,?????
damn i need to get to work ,,boring in this plant ,,,nothing really to do but sit and wait for a break down;)

Ironhead said:
what would be the compession on them with 10.1 ,,,i mean the reading in psi on a compression gauge ,,?????
damn i need to get to work ,,boring in this plant ,,,nothing really to do but sit and wait for a break down;)
It really depends on the cam you are using...The more overlap, the more the cylinder will blow-down and fail to produce pressure until it is up to speed and into the cam's operating range...something that isn't going to happen at cranking speed...
But to answer your question- A guesstimate would be in the 160 to 170 p.s.i. range.

We have an engine in the shop that is 12.9:1 and gives a reading of 150 on a compression test; BUT it has a really aggressive cam profile....

Ronnie

Last edited:
hey ronnie since you work in a shop building motors and such why don't you slide me your cam and just get another for yourself:D that would be easy for you right :marchmellow: seriously though your sig says mild custom roller wanna elaborate on your cam a bit for educational purposes? i assume by mild its a street/strip kinda deal

ViperPunk said:
hey ronnie since you work in a shop building motors and such why don't you slide me your cam and just get another for yourself:D that would be easy for you right :marchmellow: seriously though your sig says mild custom roller wanna elaborate on your cam a bit for educational purposes? i assume by mild its a street/strip kinda deal

It was an experimental one-off and is based on the Viper Coupe cam. It was ground for torque and also for my "educational purposes". :D
A wide l.s.a. and .600" lift...

rottenronnie said:
It was an experimental one-off and is based on the Viper Coupe cam. It was ground for torque and also for my "educational purposes". :D
A wide l.s.a. and .600" lift...
how do you like it? are you gonna build another someday

ViperPunk said:
how do you like it? are you gonna build another someday

The cam works well, has a bit of a lope to the idle and a WIDE, reasonably flat power curve. It favors TQ over horsepower which I think is what is needed in a heavy vehicle with an automatic that pushes a lot of air, especially at high speeds.
Sure, I would use the same profile in another Ram SRT-10.... Comp Cams will grind a cam with whatever specs you provide them....

Ronnie

the main thing for me is obviously to pick up some good hp and tq numbers but i want a pretty hard idle for a street/strip setup

ViperPunk said:
the main thing for me is obviously to pick up some good hp and tq numbers but i want a pretty hard idle for a street/strip setup

You probably already know this, but there is not much power to be gained with a cam swap on these engines without head work or aftermarket heads...

rottenronnie said:
You probably already know this, but there is not much power to be gained with a cam swap on these engines without head work or aftermarket heads...
ya im definitely gonna pp the heads, intake, exhaust manifolds, get a cam, and bump the compression for now then i will do stikers and long tubes

just wondering since we are talking about cams...I noticed they are only on RCs...i never seen a QC with a cam.:dontknow:

JAYSSRT said:
just wondering since we are talking about cams...I noticed they are only on RCs...i never seen a QC with a cam.:dontknow:

lol is this a trick Question like how many bolts hold in the camshaft ? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back