Crower Cams

so what would i bump it to and do i just do that when i get them p.p and say bump up the compression:dontknow:

ViperPunk said:
so what would i bump it to and do i just do that when i get them p.p and say bump up the compression:dontknow:
bump it to around 10.1 or so , not much higher or you will have to run race fuel constantly,
I didnt get a chance to stop in today, but i ma going by there tommorrow to see if i can get ya some info budddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddy:p burp:confused:

ViperPunk said:

stink find out how much needs to be shaved to get them numbers ,,,

your guys are too kewwwl thanks for the help im definitely glad i started this thread

ViperPunk said:
how do you bump up the compression :dontknow:

If your heads haven't been off yet, you will still have the old black head gaskets. You will hit 10:1 just by changing to the newer (gold colored) head gaskets without any other machining.
Don't listen to Stinker about NOT NEEDING the Strikers. He has had them in boxes for so long now he forgets what they will do for these engines. ;)
Out of the box, they will KILL any ported o.e.m. head you want to put them against. This of course is comparing TRUE flow numbers.

PS Put some of them on and run 10.5:1 with Pump Gas......(I do...) :D

Ronnie

Last edited:
thats crazy so when i have the p.p. just put new gold gaskets on there and it bumps the compression? is that a certain brand of gasket oh and if you could explain how that works im super interested

ViperPunk said:
thats crazy so when i have the p.p. just put new gold gaskets on there and it bumps the compression? is that a certain brand of gasket oh and if you could explain how that works im super interested

The old gaskets (black) aren't available anymore, only the new gold ones, right from Dodge. They are THINNER than the old gaskets and because of that, raise the compression by .4, so the new gaskets will raise the ratio from 9.6:1 to 10.0:1 And as mentioned, these engines really respond to more compression.

PS- If you are having your heads ported, don't bother to spend money polishing the combustion chambers (it looks cool but does bugger all to add power according to Father Striker at JM Cylinder Heads).
Back-cut the valves, have a little bowl work done and call it good, that is what I would do. These 2 mods are the MOST bang for the buck when modding Gen III o.e.m. heads. OK, MAYBE a bit larger valves too. But remember, the Gen III heads (yours) are basically factory ported Gen II heads, so doing much more to them reaches a point of diminishing returns for the money spent.

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
If your heads haven't been off yet, you will still have the old black head gaskets. You will hit 10:1 just by changing to the newer (gold colored) head gaskets without any other machining.
Don't listen to Stinker about NOT NEEDING the Strikers. He has had them in boxes for so long now he forgets what they will do for these engines. ;)
Out of the box, they will KILL any ported o.e.m. head you want to put them against. This of course is comparing TRUE flow numbers.

PS Put some of them on and run 10.5:1 with Pump Gas......(I do...) :D

Ronnie
shhhhhhhhhhsshhshshshshhhhhhh you cant have my strikers:argh: :argh: :D

Stinker said:
shhhhhhhhhhsshhshshshshhhhhhh you cant have my strikers:argh: :argh: :D

Fine then, be that way......:p :p :argh: :argh:

But remember they really should be ON an engine instead of in boxes...:slug: :slug: :D :D :D :p :p :burnout:

Stinker said:
what u want a picture?:p

Sure, as long as it is a picture of the Strikers....:p

PS The JTS Venom Performance stickers are in a good place....thanks!

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Sure, as long as it is a picture of the Strikers....:p

PS The JTS Venom Performance stickers are in a good place....thanks!
give me a couple minutes since I know the punk would like to see strikers, the ones ya jsut cant get anymore:D and the allmighty jessel set up that isnt available anymore:p
now wanna wonder why 8k:D

side by side, intake comparison, valve comparison , a set of the rockers

Attachments

• 100_0957.jpg
    100_0957.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0959.jpg
    100_0959.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0961.jpg
    100_0961.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_0962.jpg
    100_0962.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_0963.jpg
    100_0963.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0964.jpg
    100_0964.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0965.jpg
    100_0965.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0966.jpg
    100_0966.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0967.jpg
    100_0967.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 36
those heads are beautiful it is just very unfortunate that i dont have that kinda dough laying around

so if i just bumped the compression by swapping out the gasket like today for example and i did nothing else:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back