Dan Reference Pics For Damage Rear Wheel That Fell Off.

SrtBrad said:
I went down to the Gorilla main office and met with the manager (Edwin) in person. He got to look at the damaged wheel and aftermath in person and took the rest of the Gorilla lug nuts and will do an internal investigating. He took pics of the wheel as well.

Edwin seemed to be genuinely concerned and I got a good read from him. He did tell me that Gorilla does not make a lug nut for our trucks at all. Whoever sold these lug nuts to the previous owner (VnmPwrd) told J.T. that these were the direct replacements for our factory lugs. I want to know who this person is that supplied false info and put my life and others people's lives in danger.

Edwin will follow up with a report for us to put this issue to bed. If any members have the same Gorilla lug nuts as I used to have please replace them to the stock lug nuts immediately.

What about the design did he say was not compatible with the truck?
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/application.guide

FerrariTruck said:
Sorry to pee in the cheerios but he set with factory cover/wing setup:D :D

Well good to hear DC gave you credit but Brad if your in tight spot let me know, I'd be happy to help you knock out work in exchange for like a photoshoot or cool vid of my truck:D :D :D

That might be the case for the current record but he did have the worlds fastest no wing Srt10 truck before with that cover.:damnmate: :evil: ;) :D :D

Seriously, I'll be happy to do a photoshoot and or a video for you bro but your money is no good with me. I do this for the love of these trucks not the money.

SrtBrad said:
I'll take a few pics tomorrow of the difference between the factory lugs and the splined black Gorilla lug nuts. The clam shell dimention is way shorter.
I worry because that is the same locks i use, Installed by Discount tire.

OSO said:
I worry because that is the same locks i use, Installed by Discount tire.

This is purely my opinion until Gorilla releases their findings:

I would take them off to be safe or check them each and every day.

I had them on for 8000 miles before they worked themselves loose and the wheel fell off as a result of the studs shearing off. Three of the front lug nuts were loose after 4000 miles.

Gorilla's manager said these lugs were not designed or intended to be used on these trucks at all and doesn't understand why someone would sell these lug nuts for our trucks.

If the Tire shop sold you these splined black lug nuts then someone didn't check their application guide and just wanted to make a sale. I would go to that tire shop and ask them where it says that these lug nuts are to be used on our trucks.

The reason I went to great lengths to inform Gorilla about this problem is to possibly save someone's life. Any shops that sell you a product that could endanger your life should be promptly dealt with IMO.

SrtBrad said:
I'll take a few pics tomorrow of the difference between the factory lugs and the splined black Gorilla lug nuts. The clam shell dimention is way shorter.
Just great, now we gotta see pics of Brads Nuts :eek: :D ;)

SrtBrad said:
My first choice was your headlights but those are up for grabs already. Black1 called me and said they are his and to back off:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey, I think I have another set of headlights :rock: if you really are interested let me know - they are the nasty old "stock" ones :D

SrtBrad said:
Read the titles. I'll have to inspect them first.:D

Alright then, be that way Inspector Brad :D :rock:

man that Dragon don't mess around. ordered new lug nuts & new style wheel locks Friday. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
came today & installed. :rock: :rock: :rock:
now to hear from the guy from Gorilla:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Does anyone know what ever came of this? Did Edwin ever come out with what he thought?
Thanks

:dontknow: Thanks for clearing that up, it's only been 6 years :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back