Disagreement: Let's enjoy it.....

flchub said:
say what u want, fortunately u dont have anything todo with my life ,but if i need bananas i'll let u know :p

Nor will I have anything to do with you on this site. I'm sure a number of other members will do the same. You are not the first person that we have had here with your attitude, so I'm sure the outcome will be similar.

And don't bother contacting me if you need a banana. I wouldn't give you anything even if your life depended on it.

I visit here once in a while to see how the Master Debaters are doing. Just wanting to see how a discussion can really be done or not. I'm beginning to find that there will always be times when one of several things will always happen.

No solution to the debate (discussion) will happen.

There a a better than 90% chance that no matter how wrong, the ego will not embrace the better point. (politics, sex, religion to name a few).

There will always be those individuals that will take the other point of view and press it to the point of nausea. (me)

And maybe the thing that I hate the most is the debate (discussion) on how and issue should be discussed made famous by North and South Korea. The current issue at hand is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and the Senate floor confirms the wastefulness of the process.

I enjoy a good debate (discussion), even when my point of view may be flawed. It's an opportunity to learn something new. This is also where most debates (discussions) will fall short. The thought of being taught something new by someone else, is unconceivable by a lot of people, especially when they feel they are right and need no further information.

The other main failure in debates (discussions) is the failure to just let it go. Then both sides of a debate (discussion) look like my kids when they were in there terrible twos yelling at each other about who had a toy first.

If you ever want to see what I mean, go back and read your posts and consider that those that are communicating are someone else.

So keep up the good debates (discussions). They are fun to read.

Bad debates (discussions) are just that and either side has the ability to end it

Django said:
Exactly wrong..............;)

This has nothing to do with your grammar... It has to do with your inability to debate in an adult manner.....

There is a big difference between making an effective argument and being argumentative....

Sorry to use such big words............

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to debate, discuss and disagree. There are ground rules for discussion in any debate.... Usually, participants need not be told (not to be) rude childish and self centered......

You do.............

Unfortunately, to may not know what civility is......But until you learn civility, I respectfully ask that you do not participate in these discussions....

Thank you.

d
i'm glad you finally showed urself,its funny once the subject cameup about grammar u would take offense,no matter how educated u think u are all one has todo is make fun of something u hold so dear to urself for u to pout,but i had u figured out ,thanks for the show:D

ps: u can reply but then i would have to post again on this thread

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
I visit here once in a while to see how the Master Debaters are doing. Just wanting to see how a discussion can really be done or not. I'm beginning to find that there will always be times when one of several things will always happen.

No solution to the debate (discussion) will happen.

There a a better than 90% chance that no matter how wrong, the ego will not embrace the better point. (politics, sex, religion to name a few).

There will always be those individuals that will take the other point of view and press it to the point of nausea. (me)

And maybe the thing that I hate the most is the debate (discussion) on how and issue should be discussed made famous by North and South Korea. The current issue at hand is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and the Senate floor confirms the wastefulness of the process.

I enjoy a good debate (discussion), even when my point of view may be flawed. It's an opportunity to learn something new. This is also where most debates (discussions) will fall short. The thought of being taught something new by someone else, is unconceivable by a lot of people, especially when they feel they are right and need no further information.

The other main failure in debates (discussions) is the failure to just let it go. Then both sides of a debate (discussion) look like my kids when they were in there terrible twos yelling at each other about who had a toy first.

If you ever want to see what I mean, go back and read your posts and consider that those that are communicating are someone else.

So keep up the good debates (discussions). They are fun to read.

Bad debates (discussions) are just that and either side has the ability to end it

The idea behind a debate is to exchange ideas and to learn.

In some ways it's not that much different than studying other cultures and trying to understand their ideas. Once again, a learning experience. Unfortunately some narrow minded individuals refuse to listen and learn.

flchub said:
i'm glad you finally showed urself,its funny once the subject cameup about grammar u would take offense,no matter how educated u think u are all one has todo is make fun of something u hold so dear to urself for u to pout,but i had u figured out ,thanks for the show:D

ps: u can reply but then i would have to post again on this thread

My guess is that Tim will do the same as I'm going to do as soon as I finish this post. Put you on my "Ignore List". Hopefully others will do the same and you will just disappear.

Bye.

Glad to see Prof and Silverback here !!!!
I have enjoyed this thread a lot !
Everyday I talk to people who have no greater ambitions in life other than titties,ass,NASCAR and getting drunk( all of which are a part of life,BUT not life itself ) .Most have barely graduated high school and I have to constantly "dumb down" my conversations with them.They are all good guys,but I enjoy the mental stimulation of a good debate.It really forces me to think about MY position on the issue.

Thanks D,for starting this thread,and thanks to everyone for the "disagreements" !!

Silverback said:
The idea behind a debate is to exchange ideas and to learn.

This is what I'm talking about. It took me 20 minutes, a spell checker and trying to figure out if its the right thing to say without taking sides.

Silver did it in 3 seconds and 12 words.

This is what I'm talking about. It took me 20 minutes, a spell checker and trying to figure out if its the right thing to say without taking sides.

Silver did it in 3 seconds and 12 words.

It's one of the advantages of being simple minded Jeff.:eek: I write it simple. It's all I can do.:eek: ;) :p :D

flchub said:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

D

Silverback said:
Guess it's to late for me then Tim.:eek: :D
I DISAGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :D

Let's recap (short for recapitulate) the topics of the day using an old fable as illustration.

Once upon a time there was a fly. And as often flies do, he was buzzing around the barnyard searching for his next meal..... Whereupon, he seizes upon (finds) a huge, fresh and steaming pile of cow manure.... (A cow pie)

Without hesitation, the fly swoops down and lands on the cow pie and starts stuffing himself voraciously (alot) until he finds that (uh-oh) he's too heavy too fly....

Seeking a means of extrication (a way out) he spies a shovel, leaning up against the fence. He decides to walk to the top of the shovel handle and see if he can take off from there more readily. (of course, flies instinctively know about loft and lift n' shit) ...

So he walks to the top of the shovel handle and leaps off..... Unfortunately, he's still far too heavy and he plummets to the ground with a mighty, "ker-splat".:dontknow:

The moral of the story is, "Don't fly off the handle when you know you're fulla shit..";)

Lesson concluded.:D

D

Django said:
The moral of the story is, "Don't fly off the handle when you know you're fulla shit..";)

D

D, I have to disagree.

That fly, did not fly off the handed.:eek: It was more of a terminal velocity plummet to the ground.

But thank goodness I'm smart enough to understand your point.

Anyone got a towelette

Thanks

D, I have to disagree.

That fly, did not fly off the handed.:eek: It was more of a terminal velocity plummet to the ground.

But thank goodness I'm smart enough to understand your point.

Anyone got a towelette

Thanks

"Anyone got a towelette"???

You been over in the T&A section again Jeff?:dontknow: ;) :p :D

Silverback said:
"Anyone got a towelette"???

You been over in the T&A section again Jeff?:dontknow: ;) :p :D

That would require a beach towel, but thats another debate all together

I know if my husband would ever come back on the site, he would tear the guy from Florida a new one. That guy is a complete idiot ! I sit at work and read the site when I can but do not choose to post that often. Mainly because I like to watch my husband interact with people. For those of you who really think he is stupid, then you truly under estimate him. He is actually quite brilliant. The posts I read where full of pure rhetoric and sarcasm. Knowing him he probably posted that directed at one person in particular. This may sound like I am sticking up for him and maybe I am. I am educated and I have a hard time understanding him at times....He is on a different level then most and I know that he loves to get Silent D whoever that is, going in a lather....But I also know he loves this man as well....Just food for thought ! Marne:)

D, I have to disagree.

L=CL 1/2 rho s v(squared)

Nah, he was flying......just not very well. Very elementary use of the lift equation.......ha, just kidding. :D

Mrs.Sickness said:
I know if my husband would ever come back on the site, he would tear the guy from Florida a new one. That guy is a complete idiot ! I sit at work and read the site when I can but do not choose to post that often. Mainly because I like to watch my husband interact with people. For those of you who really think he is stupid, then you truly under estimate him. He is actually quite brilliant. The posts I read where full of pure rhetoric and sarcasm. Knowing him he probably posted that directed at one person in particular. This may sound like I am sticking up for him and maybe I am. I am educated and I have a hard time understanding him at times....He is on a different level then most and I know that he loves to get Silent D whoever that is, going in a lather....But I also know he loves this man as well....Just food for thought ! Marne:)

Hi kid. How you doing?

Old flubhub, or whatever his name is, is an ass. I think we all pretty much know it, and for the most part will probably ignore him.

And you are right, Mikey is on a different level from the rest of us. We just can't figure out what level that could possibly be. ;) :D

But the idea behind this thread is to not tear into anyone, it's to have lifely, spirited debates. I almost jumped at the bait when flubdub made his remark about Mikey. But then I just let it pass as it was not in the interest of this thread to do so.

Anyway, tell Mikey that I love and miss him. Goes for you and Jalen too.

Take care kid.

Mrs.Sickness said:

I had wondered about Mikey's absence...... Did I miss something....?

Please let him know that I'm hard on him despite how much I love him.... I don't hold back because I have feelings on him. In fact, I'm probably tougher, because I care about him...... Maybe it's tough love I dunno.....

I still would like to know if there's an actual reason for his absence....

Actually Marne, I think your post should have started on a thread of its own.

BTW, I'm Silent D...... (because the letter "D" in Django is silent).........

Tell Mikey I love him........ The little bastage...:p ;)

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back