Doms Turbo Truck Build V.87.2

Thanks Guys!!

Looks good as always Justin!

Do you plan on offering any of this stuff for sale? Control arms, brake system, engine management including coils, harnesses, dash, etc?

The control arms are off the shelf, pm me if you want more details, but there was only 11#s savings in them. A moly custom would save another 10 or so but at double the price.

Brake system will be race only (much smaller rotor and caliper than stock), it limits the front tire width (not sure how much yet) but allows 15" wheels (in a non OEM bolt pattern) and saves over 100#'s. It would be near $2K as well, well worth it in his situation since he is much lighter than OEM and the huge weight savings plus 15" wheel advantage (wheels/tires alone is 120#s savings over stock), but hard to justify for 99+% of people. If theres a market I will consider it but I wouldnt feel comfortable with anyone using it on anywhere near stock weight truck.

The engine management and mil spec harnesses are being done out of house (pm me if your interested but its very pricey!). I made the coil setup and will do all the dash/mounting, etc.

Justin

Total, kind of disappointing......we were hoping for 15-20#'s The springs are 12#s lighter total though, so still 23#s for $500

Total, kind of disappointing......we were hoping for 15-20#'s The springs are 12#s lighter total though, so still 23#s for $500

500? Hell thats cheap, would it still work with the factory steering knuckle? So I could keep the factory brakes and everything

Looks fantastic Justin! I can't wait to see this bad motherf*cker hit the track!!!

Awsome. Coil over bracket is just sick! Shaved factory map sensor location, to cool!

I talked to Dom a while back and he was saying there was a problem with the factory

computer "ABS" related and was holding the trucks performance back. So I guess the

Pectel system is the fix.:rock:

Thanks Todd!!

More pics, doing alot of wiring so not many pics since thats not very exciting to see. New cold side pipe is done, new switch panel, drivers side fender area finished including wiring, 10.5MM plug wires too.

6752364503_244f69555c_z.jpg

6752375389_c2085cbe35_z.jpg

6752379257_b9d0c707d7_z.jpg

6752381939_287507a305_z.jpg

Looking like another 1st class job from you!:rock::rock: Please take as many pics and video as possible. Maybe I can borrow them for a future World Record video if Dom wants to use me for the next video.

JMB Justin said:
Thanks Todd!!

More pics, doing alot of wiring so not many pics since thats not very exciting to see. New cold side pipe is done, new switch panel, drivers side fender area finished including wiring, 10.5MM plug wires too.

Tell the truth Justin.... That last pic is one taken from from the space shuttles cock pit..... Lol! :D

Thanks guys!

Sometimes the wiring is the best part!

Post your Wiring Skill Pics - Yellow Bullet Forums

Whats up with the inner fenders? Are they just trimmed stockers or something different? The switch panel looks interesting too, I have never seen one like that. The starter portion is momentary, right?

Yeah I like the wiring part, makes you think for sure. We solder and heatshrink all connections and then heatshrink all the runs of wire as well for a nice clean look. Ill post pics of the relay/fuse panels when its done, should be in the next week or so.

Inner fenders are just trimmed stockers, they look stupid full size since all the mounting stuff is molded into them.

The switch panel is from ARC, its very well made and light, you can make any button momentary or constant and any button turn on/off with ignition or be 12v constant, pretty slick. I was going to use a Painless fuse box harness but returned it and will be running another ARC piece to finish the body wiring.

Justin

That ARC stuff is really cool, there are many other similar ideas out there but that by far is the simplest system I have ever seen. How many circuits in total will you be using on Dom's truck?

They really need to update there catalog, it is not 1982 anymore.

HOLY SCHMOLY!!!! Why not just add the wings and get your pilots license.. :burnout:

That rig is unreal boys...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back