emissions, am I screwed?

maybe you need the timing retarded some this will increase the exhaust temps you can make the pipes glow red with enuff timing removed that should make the exhaust cleaner, maybe you need to ohm the wires going to the sensors ?

Torrie seems to think its some sort of physical issue, not tune related.

I loaded factory tune (whatever was loaded when I bought the truck) last October, I'm concerned it may have had a sct tune loaded before I bought it and thats the issue. Anyone think that could cause this?

Well I was going to suggest loading your stock tune before it was tuned, but if your saying it is a possibility that it might have already been tuned when you bought it then I dont know what to say anymore.

JUST an FYI....I have NO OBDII issues and pass emissions with Torries tune loaded AND all my mods.

Good to know. Kinda figured as much. I have 4 friends out here running tunes with no issues and more mods than I have.
Still grasping at straws here.
Reg is officially expired, trucks been in the shop for over 3 weeks now with no results yet.

why dont you hook up someone elses truck for the Emission test and have the papers stamped on your vin / Name ????

Everything is possible with some Dollars, isnt it ?

why dont you hook up someone elses truck for the Emission test and have the papers stamped on your vin / Name ????

Everything is possible with some Dollars, isnt it ?

Computer pulls the vin directly from the PCM making it impossible to do that.

maybe you need the timing retarded some this will increase the exhaust temps you can make the pipes glow red with enuff timing removed that should make the exhaust cleaner, maybe you need to ohm the wires going to the sensors ?

Its not even about running cleaner. The truck WILL NOT go ready on heated o2 and evap, so its getting rejected without testing. I'm only allowed 1 not ready sensor and I have 2. Not showing any codes, just won't hit ready status. Its unbelievably frustrating.

I dont know if this has been answer but is it possible to swap pcm's with one of your buddies just to test and see if theres will go ready?

Is it possible that you have a messed up PCM that just doesn't go ready?

I dont know if this has been answer but is it possible to swap pcm's with one of your buddies just to test and see if theres will go ready?

Is it possible that you have a messed up PCM that just doesn't go ready?

This also will not work because it will set vin mismatch codes in the system, which will also send up a red flag with the emissions testing equipment. The truck vin won't match the PCM vin and in the state of PA that is a failure for emissions, not sure about the OP's state.

Andy, Can they reflash the PCM at the dealer? I think the PCM is bad or has dropped some code.

If there is updated software they can reflash it. Have you tried a capacitive discharge on the PCM? You may have mentioned it before but I didn't re-read all of the posts.

Haven't purposely tried it. Battery went completly dead last August, pulled it out for about a week then put an optima in.
I would assume the caps discharged over the time spent without a battery, but no I haven't deliberately discharged the caps.

Haven't purposely tried it. Battery went completly dead last August, pulled it out for about a week then put an optima in.
I would assume the caps discharged over the time spent without a battery, but no I haven't deliberately discharged the caps.

At this point it's worth a shot, but the truck would still need to be driven to set the monitors, which is now a bigger problem since it is expired.

There could be some kind of internal fault with your PCM. Worst case scenario you may need a new one since it refuses to go ready.

Shop claims that they can drive it while its expired and bring it to test once it passes. Must be nice right?
Latest ive heard from them is they're going to try driving it through a few more cycles and that dodge/chrysler can take a long time to set.
I kind of want to call BS on this, but I can't even drive the thing to pick it up now.

I have thought the pcm may need a reflash or replacement, not sure how to go about anything now, unless they can do it, or bring it to the dealer.

How do you do this Andy?

disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for 10-15 seconds. It gives the PCM a clean slate to start from without having any adaptives stored in it.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions, I really appreciate the help.
No answers yet, but I promise to update

Talked to the shop, they've swapped out all of the o2 sensors, and now they say that when running individual tests on the o2 sensors one of them is failing immediately. They're digging in trying to find a wiring issue now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back