Engine Build cost

McLuvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the average cost to do a build. Probably wont ever exceed 700-750 at the rear. I spoke with someone here in Austin about 6 months ago. He kinda sounded like a salesman to me. But then again were talking about about quite a bit of power. Aside from the internals, what really should be done labor wise? What is over kill?

im gonna build an extra one soon ill have it layin around for when i blow my motor ..... id say 8-10 hell people have spent more lots more my next one will be o ringed fo sure!!!!!

Go check your other post.

We have built numerous SRT10 700+ horsepower Viper trucks!

Depending on your budget and your power level, be ready to spend between 8and 28 thousand dollars!

There are so many options for upgrades it would depend on the specifics of your build.

If you contact us we can provide you with a detailed estimate!

It is always a good idea to have the motor run in on an engine dyno and qualified before putting back into your truck.

Dan

I have no idea what to do now.. I have only built one engine. I really dont wanna practice with a viper motor, with that I said. I will probably just R&R myself. I could tare it down but Im sre that wont save me enough to make it worth it. Maybe just in freight costs?
Maybe I'll just throw a crank in it in the garage. Worry about the build later?

check your other post and call Dan to see what your options with him are.

build $$$ ???

hell man you cant put a price tag on that shitty grin you get when your grabbin gears and laying own some rubber.....

:rock: :rock: :argh: :argh: :argh: :D :D :D :D :D :D

talked to quicksilver for a good hour... hes runnin a paxton on stock internals from DC performance for a good amount of time... said he never had any problems other than cam sensor i believe but other than that hes runnin just fine... i believe he said 8/9lbs with methanol injection.
ill prolly end up goin the same route... not lookin to run more than 8lbs neways.

DC Performance said:
We have built numerous SRT10 700+ horsepower Viper trucks!

Depending on your budget and your power level, be ready to spend between 8and 28 thousand dollars!

There are so many options for upgrades it would depend on the specifics of your build.

If you contact us we can provide you with a detailed estimate!

It is always a good idea to have the motor run in on an engine dyno and qualified before putting back into your truck.

Dan

Is that rwhp or crank hp,,,how much of that cost is labor and shipping cost ,,,

i have priced parts for a forge motor and its less than $5000,,little extra if you have to work on block and such,,:dontknow:

VIPER said:
build $$$ ???

hell man you cant put a price tag on that shitty grin you get when your grabbin gears and laying own some rubber.....

:rock: :rock: :argh: :argh: :argh: :D :D :D :D :D :D

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I'll have close to 15K into mine. I removed, disassembled, and reinstalled myself. I left the machining and building to the pros on this engine, just incase.

To stay around 700-750 rwhp I'd guess around 10k including removing and reinstalling the engine. Then add tuning and any other changes like injectors, fuel system.

I've got around $20k in my engine which should live at 1500 to the tires.

if you go the way quicksilver and many others here that put a paxton on a stock internals you'll end up like me with a knocking motor sooner or later.

If you do some research everyone recommends you upgrade internals before doing big power. I bought my truck with all the goodies added to it so i didn't know about the stock internals limits until after i had the truck for a while.

People on here and several engine machinist around me that do ferrari motors say every viper motor they have seen that had FI, blew the lands off the pistons and one actually cracked the piston in half (where to top of the piston was stuck at top of cyclinder and bottom half was attached to connecting rod).

If you're going to do that much power you might as well do it right. I'm still contimplating on rebuilding motor or selling. just my .02

Thanks for the imput. I have decided to pull the motor tear it down and bring it to a machine shop to torqe plate hone, hang rods, and measure clearances. I'll put'er back together myslef. Im hoping to be out the door around $5000 with a forged bottom end.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back