engine oil cooler lines

Westxsrt10 said:
My lines leak about one drop and a half ever 2 months.... I might have to give Stinker a call.
Prof...down a few cups of French pressed coffee:) works for me every time!

very highly recommended:rock: :rock: :rock:

still would like folks to post up that have had engine failures & still had the factory oil cooler lines still on.

if ya get the chance take a factory line apart

ZCx said:
very highly recommended:rock: :rock: :rock:

still would like folks to post up that have had engine failures & still had the factory oil cooler lines still on.

if ya get the chance take a factory line apart

Why ?? :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
Why ?? :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

why the stock oil cooler line/engine failure ratio?????
to help prove that they are a P.O.S. set up. along with the oil pump by-pass valve. if ones engine needs the up date.

or

why take one apart???
replace yours with stinkers & grind the crimps off the stockers & look at the line. the ends are not dressed & very rough & restrictive.
looks like where they crimp them also squeezes the line down to lessen the oil flow even more.
when my hose blew & i replaced the hose with strato-flex, temp fix, i cleaned up the ends & put a chamfer to them & made that old oil pump by pass valve scream. seemed like the less restrictive ya made the flow the more the valve "shuttled". made up & installed the "after market" lines really made it sing. bad enough that the vibrations were comin through the dash as well. replaced the valve, gained oil pressure & no noise at all.
with the valve shuttlin that would mean a pulsy flow of oil to the engine.

i would bet with Stinkers lines & by pass valve update, if needed, & viper oil filter one would be close to a dry sump system.

just MVHO of course

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

ZCx said:
to help prove that they are a P.O.S. set up. along with the oil pump by-pass valve. if ones engine needs the up date.

or

why take one apart???
replace yours with stinkers & grind the crimps off the stockers & look at the line. the ends are not dressed & very rough & restrictive.
looks like where they crimp them also squeezes the line down to lessen the oil flow even more.
when my hose blew & i replaced the hose with strato-flex, temp fix, i cleaned up the ends & put a chamfer to them & made that old oil pump by pass valve scream. seemed like the less restrictive ya made the flow the more the valve "shuttled". made up & installed the "after market" lines really made it sing. bad enough that the vibrations were comin through the dash as well. replaced the valve, gained oil pressure & no noise at all.

i would bet with Stinkers lines & by pass valve update, if needed, & viper oil filter one would be close to a dry sump system.

just MVHO of course

is that bypass valve, ( iknow I asked you once before:eek: ) but is it a mopar part? if so pm me the part number, and let me see if i kin git it:D

Stinker said:
ok , that is the one from kevin singleton, I will try to contact him monday:D

yep thats where i got mine. did not notice a part number on it so not sure who makes it
he needs the castin number off the front cover to see if its needed or not & Kevin highly recommends the white Viper oil filter for our engines

So I may not even need one, depending on my casting number? ... hmm, I think the production of my truck was may '05ish. I'll have to call him monday to find out. although my oil pressure does drop to around 25 at idle. that could be due to the stock oil lines though.

mr. anderson said:
So I may not even need one, depending on my casting number? ... hmm, I think the production of my truck was may '05ish. I'll have to call him monday to find out. although my oil pressure does drop to around 25 at idle. that could be due to the stock oil lines though.

correct, mr. anderson. with my best Matrix accent.
cold i have about 95 p.s.i. @ idle. 30-35 p.s.i. hot idle.

born on date for my truck is 10/18/04:rock:

ZCx said:

or

why take one apart???

just MVHO of course

Thanks for the info !! :rock: :congrats:

OK<time for Stinker to offer a new by-pass valve :D

your more than welcome:rock: :rock: :rock:

i can get on a soap box about them lines, lol.:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

where can I go to buy the lines you refer to so that I can replace mine as well I do have what some have called a small leak on them but I never see a mess of oil anywhere nor does my engine get low on oil, also what are the sizes that I would need

where can I go to buy the lines you refer to so that I can replace mine as well I do have what some have called a small leak on them but I never see a mess of oil anywhere nor does my engine get low on oil, also what are the sizes that I would need

Vendors on this website carry ready made replacements. When I replaced mine some 10 yrs ago no such product existed. I pulled the lines and visited my local speed shop and we made up new lines on the spot using AN fittings and braided line. FYI...the HP side of the steering pump uses the same crappy factory fitting. Again, buy replacement from a vendor or pull the line and have one made up for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back