Evans Coolant

this stuff sounds great.:rock: :rock: :rock:

wonder with the style of oil cooler we have if it would help keep the oil temp down???:dontknow: :dontknow:

and how would it affect heater performance?????:dontknow: :dontknow:

they show 3 dealers in Canada:

JMJ Enterprises Sherwood Park AB Canada

Pomar Hardware & Supply Brampton ON, Canada

Timeline Motor Madoc ON, Canada

if that helps

ZCx said:

if that helps

Sure does where did you find that? I did a dealer search on their site and could only find US companies. Sherwood Park is about 30 minutes from me, thank you. I will call them on monday.

yellowfever#154 said:
Sure does where did you find that? I did a dealer search on their site and could only find US companies. Sherwood Park is about 30 minutes from me, thank you. I will call them on monday.

just went to the Evans site & checked the dealer link.

found one close to me also:rock:

no prob :rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:

if that helps

Great! Thanks for the contact information..

More contact info for the Western Canucks..., (I just hung up the phone after a 3/4 hr. chat with Jim Heffner, his number is below...)

JMJ Enterprises
7-20575 Wye Rd
Sherwood Park AB Canada

(Jim Heffner) 780-922-5837

$45 per gallon CDN.
Flush is $35/gallon.

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:

More contact info for the Western Canucks..., (I just hung up the phone after a 3/4 hr. chat with Jim Heffner, his number is below...)

JMJ Enterprises
7-20575 Wye Rd
Sherwood Park AB Canada

$45 per gallon CDN.
Flush is $35/gallon.

Ronnie

whats his impresstion of the product??????

ZCx said:
whats his impresstion of the product??????

Well he sells it so that can skew opinions but in this case, Jim is an old Mopar racer from years back (like me) and enjoys what he does. In other words, he is USING the product and knows others that do as well.
The claims of reduced octane requirements and racing results on engines with NO water pumps, rads or fans is quite amazing. It sounds like something he has used for 10 years or more and has MANY references, if needed.
All pros, no cons with the product as far as I can tell..

I am going up that way and will grab a case or 2 for my own vehicles.

Ronnie

Last edited:
good deal:rock: :rock: :rock:

i have been readin on this stuff, very little on freeze point & freeze protection.

a mention on it just gets thicker & possibile don't expand to bust blocks, etc.

my girl is a daily driver hot or cold. so my concern is the water pump won't move a "gel" till it warms up & thins out & that means gettin the raditor, hoses, engine oil cooler & heater core up to good flowable temp.
any probs there?????

& still a good idea to run the 170 stat with the evens coolant???

http://www.evanscooling.com/maintenance/
Nose around in the "How It Works" area, there is a lot of info in there...

Your t.stat is fine.

Like the link shows- Propylene Glycol doesn't freeze but crystallizes and CONTRACTS (at -70F.).

Water is one of those weird liquids that expands when it freezes. Remember the
Evans Coolant uses ZERO water in the cooling system...

PS I'm still learning about this stuff myself.... :)

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
http://www.evanscooling.com/maintenance/

Your t.stat is fine.

Like the link shows- Propylene Glycol doesn't freeze but becomes a slurry and CONTRACTS at -70F. Water is one of those weird liquids that expands when it freezes. Remember the
Evans Coolant uses ZERO water in the cooling system...

PS I'm still learning about this stuff myself.... :)

thanks for the link. answered everything to the point it will be tried for sure.

Modern Marvels had a show on water. it is the "weirdest" liquid out there.

i'm thinkin a 180 stat & bumpin the fan on, full on for the trucks, temp be raised 5 or 10 degrees

understand on the still learnin part. but can be teachers while learnin also:D

is there any parasitic load loss or gain with the Evans???

rottenronnie said:

JMJ Enterprises
7-20575 Wye Rd
Sherwood Park AB Canada

$45 per gallon CDN.
Flush is $35/gallon.

Ronnie

Hey Ron,wounder if he will cut a better deal if we get 5 or 6+ in on a large buy? I'm IN!!:rock:

Yellow venom said:
Hey Ron,wounder if he will cut a better deal if we get 5 or 6+ in on a large buy? I'm IN!!:rock:

He might Joe-
Give Jim a call and see what he sez.
We yakked for quite a while today. Seems like a good guy...

Ron

yellowfever#154 said:
What is the capacity of our trucks? Im in on a GB as well fellas.

owners manual says 20 qts

ZCx said:
owners manual says 20 qts

So 5gal a truck then?

So Ron,whats the process to get these ready for this Evans then? All I need is to just get my rad flushed?? (and heater core)

Last edited:
Yellow venom said:
So 5gal a truck then?

So Ron,whats the process to get these ready for this Evans then? All I need is to just get my rad flushed?? (and heater core)

Jim has a flush as well as it is important to get ALL the water out of your system. He said a couple of gallons of flush will do the trick.
He said some guys fill the system with Evans itself and then dump it all out but that is pricier than it has to be.

Once the coolant is installed, it is there for good. No replacement required, ever. If you like, you can completely seal the cooling system off- take
the overflow tank off,etc.

Like I mentioned, I am just learning about this stuff myself and (so far) have ZERO actual experience with it.

I just posted to see if anyone did have experience with it. Sounds like we will all learn about it first hand....

It is the reduction of hot spots and detonation that intrigues me more than anything...that and the fact that water becomes and electrolyte and pits (badly) especially in systems with dissimilar metals and THAT is eventually what causes head gaskets to fail in engines where coolant isn't changed AT LEAST every few years. It was a major problem with some of our stationary reciprocating compressors (and likely still is). Those 5 foot long cylinder liners aren't cheap !!

Ron

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back