Evans Coolant

Dexcool (stock coolant) was developed in Sweden as a lower toxic coolant than PG. Biggest issue with Dexcool is can't be mixed with PG. To make the switch over you really really really have to make sure you have flushed the system of all Dexcool. Talk to any early GM mechanic who dealt with Dexcool when it hit the market in I believe early 90's. GM was first to use it as standard fill. Also Dexcool turns to sludge if left in the system too long or exposed to O2 for very long.

I put it in a CR500 dirt bike recently. Doing a bit more research I learned a bit more about Evans Coolant and so far have found most of the claims correct. Key is you must remove all remnants of previous water based coolant. Any left will cause boiling at standard temps resulting in spewed Evans product.

I still won't consider using it in my SRT as I don't trust I can get all of the previous coolant out of the system.

If I were to change over to Evans coolant, how would I get every last drop of what I'm currently using out? I may try just the intercooler first.

vacum pump? the water will boil and evaperate I dont know it this will work with engine coolent prolly not

Evans waterless coolant update!
I had my truck out finally yesterday and the water temp never hit 190F it sat around 185-188F,oil temp never went over 90C (200F aprox.),so my opinion is it seems to be working :)

Yellow venom said:
Evans waterless coolant update!
I had my truck out finally yesterday and the water temp never hit 190F it sat around 185-188F,oil temp never went over 90C (200F aprox.),so my opinion is it seems to be working :)

thanks for the up date:rock: :rock: :rock:

blackviper said:
If I were to change over to Evans coolant, how would I get every last drop of what I'm currently using out? I may try just the intercooler first.

Evans also sells a flush for that purpose...A few quarts/liters is all you need..

Ok so whats the most efficent way to fluch the system step by step then......

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ok so whats the most efficent way to fluch the system step by step then......

I didn't have to flush mine,I put it in a bone dry block after forged engine build, Ron may have some advice on the flushing?

Yellow venom said:
I didn't have to flush mine,I put it in a bone dry block after forged engine build, Ron may have some advice on the flushing?

Yea i read that brother;) ...Lucky you:D

I just want to hear some actual results about it instead of claims....THis would be something that would get done eventually if it's indead worth the coin....

I'm not using any antifreeze. I'm just using distilled water and water wetter. Would that still present an issue contaminating the Evans coolant?

blackviper said:
I'm not using any antifreeze. I'm just using distilled water and water wetter. Would that still present an issue contaminating the Evans coolant?

I would say yes brother

Ideally you want NO water remaining....waters boiling point is 212F. Two advantages of Evans or like coolant is higher boiling point and ability to conduct heat. Any water remaining negates one of the two advantages.

pokeytemplar said:
I am definitely going for the Evans coolant if I can ever get this thing built.

Keep after it you will get it done.....:rock::rock::rock:

Jacks rule of thumb A+B

A) It will cost at least twice as much as you planned.

B) It will take at least three times what you thought it would take to complete the project.

FSTJACK said:

Jacks rule of thumb A+B

B) It will take at least three times what you thought it would take to complete the project.
Very,very well put Jack:rock: your 100% bang on,my build sure was! (and still not 100% done the little things,not sure if I ever will be done them,LOL:D )

FSTJACK said:

Jacks rule of thumb A+B

Well I seem to be right on schedule then. For completion in 2014! Woohoo or does that now make it 2026? :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back