Evans Coolant

rottenronnie said:
Jim has a flush as well as it is important to get ALL the water out of your system. He said a couple of gallons of flush will do the trick.
He said some guys fill the system with Evans itself and then dump it all out but that is pricier than it has to be.

Once the coolant is installed, it is there for good. No replacement required, ever. If you like, you can completely seal the cooling system off- take
the overflow tank off,etc.

Like I mentioned, I am just learning about this stuff myself and (so far) have ZERO actual experience with it.

I just posted to see if anyone did have experience with it. Sounds like we will all learn about it first hand....

It is the reduction of hot spots and detonation that intrigues me more than anything...that and the fact that water pits (badly) especially in systems with dissimilar metals and THAT is eventually what causes head gaskets to fail in engines where coolant isn't changed AT LEAST every few years.

Ron

OK,I mentioned just my rad and heater core is cause my block (complete engine)is bone dry right now:D ,I will give him a ring Mon. and see what he says, How may Gallons does everyone need??

Yellow Venom -5gal
Yellow Fever#154 - 5 or 10 gal?
Rotten Ronnie -5 or 10 gal?
EXO -5 gal?

Any one else HuckSRT10?

Yellow venom said:
OK,I mentioned just my rad and heater core is cause my block (complete engine)is bone dry right now:D ,I will give him a ring Mon. and see what he says, How may Gallons does everyone need??

Yellow Venom -5gal
Yellow Fever#154 - 5 or 10 gal?
Rotten Ronnie -5 or 10 gal?
EXO -5 gal?

Any one else HuckSRT10?

Five gallons plus 2 gallons of flush for me...

does anyone know where to get a no to very low pressure radiator cap at????????????

thunderracing.com has the recommended caps & deal the Evans coolant

Last edited:
Here is the scoop on the Evans after a loooooong talk with Jim,he isn't knocking much off at all,but a little I guess,so if you want just 5 gal is $223.13 w/tax and $291.38 w/tax for 5 gal and 2 gal of flush.

Yellow venom said:
Here is the scoop on the Evans after a loooooong talk with Jim,he isn't knocking much off at all,but a little I guess,so if you want just 5 gal is $223.13 w/tax and $291.38 w/tax for 5 gal and 2 gal of flush.

Thanks for giving it a try. I don't imagine there is a big margin with the stuff..

I'll wait for some real life feedback before I consider diving into this one. If it does everything they claim, it's well worth the money and it's lifetime.

HHHMMM........:dontknow: ......:argh: .......over 30$ a gallon..........KY included..........:marchmellow:

So, I am curious here why the owner's manual says this:

This vehicle has not been designed for use with
Propylene Glycol based coolants. Use of Propylene
Glycol based coolants is not recommended.

That's a quote from TNVIPER fr the performance modifiction thread. (I am not sure how to link to individual posts...)

if that's true wouldn't running a PG bases coolant like Evans be, uh, not recommended? I mean Chrysler isn't always right on this stuff (like mobil 1 in the t-56), but what's the consensus here?

I was looking to drain and flush my system and use a PG coolant, prestone makes one now, but then I saw the above post. Maybe it's best to stick with the HOAT stuff, it just sucks that it's toxic and hard to dispose of. My local recycling facility only takes it on Saturday per year.

Thoughts, experiences, sage advice?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back