Fastest car for $45k or less, new or used

coloradokid

Reaction score
I am on the search for Fastest production car $45k will get me. My preference is a sedan. To give you guys an example. I am eyeing for a 09 caddy cts-v. (556 hp sedan) Anyone know of anything quicker for the money.

I am open to a coupe but I want 4 seats at a minimum. And no older then 02.

And bone stock! Not interested in buying a 20k car and putting 20k into it. I can do that with my truck.

I am after the 0-60 and 1/4 mile quick. Not to worried about circle track fast.

Hopefully the guide or bench mark of the caddy cts- v will give you guys a good start. I haven't found anything quicker yet.

Cts-v is 3.9 0-60 and 12.3 quarter mile.

2002 or newer
$45,000 or less
4 seats
Stock factory production.

Thanks for the help guys,
Sean

Last edited:
bone stock? the new cts-v is probably your best bet...

though, for the money, i'd rather have an 06 cts-v with a lingenfelter s/c...

BUT...i'm a porschephile, so i gotta say for 45k, i'd go for a 996 turbo...

i'm also a big euro fan, so the m5 or m6 i really dig... but here's a good example of a rare bird...

03 audi rs6 ... this one already has a chip for the ecu and tcm from mtm... but you can get one from awe, apr, etc. as well...
Audi : RS6 | eBay

What is this for? DD? If its a DD and depending on your finances you may not want to go with anything more on the exotic side like Porsche (I love them!) Maintenance is pretty expensive and most have to go to the dealer to be worked on. 4 seats and fast and more of a sedan and your best production bet is a newer CTSV hands down....now you can get a G8 GT slap a supercharger and be pretty dang quick but you say you want stock fast.....for 45k you can get a 2011 GT500 and be low 12's stock.....

Oh and a side note.....the CTSV's do not run 12.3 stock....at least the 4 doors don't....last time I went to the track there was a new one there and he had a few grand plus in mods according to him but his fastest time that night was a 12.6.......

2003-2006 Benz e55 amg, run low 12's stock a hand full have gone high 11's stock I would post a link but I'm on my phone and don't know how

I agree with Troy... spend less money and get a new 5.0 Mustang (don't even have to get a GT500). Or get a CTS-V.

I'm a big fan of the Germans (BMW, Merc, Porsche, Audi, etc) but they are like a house to fix compared to American cars.

03 audi rs6 20-34 grand and with about 10 k in mods you'll own everything
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGr0lP0dzY0]2003 Audi RS6 vs 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Highway Pulls - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqGDtSKc4Q&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Those are some sicks vids. I am after something sick and rare and badass. The big thing about putting mods into the car is I want a value out of it. and that doesn't work in most cases. I want out of the vehicle what I put into it. As in, I owe way way less on my truck then what it's worth. Which is great. But putting 10k into it is something that is worth zero later. Adding 10k now won't make it worth 10k more later.

Hope that makes sense. And I am sure the cts v won't run 12.3 in all conditions. That was a time I found posted from a reliable source. I live in Colorado. I hate how everything runs in this air.

That rs6 makes a compelling argument to slightly mod a quality car.

I love the audi's Im a S5 fan myself!!!! That was on my list of cars but after really figuring out what I wanted in a ride I had to scratch that off the list as well as a M6 and CTSV.....

Bro you need to figure out a few things which will narrow your search. Mine went like this

1. How much can I afford?
2. How fast of a car do I really want 12's, 11's 10's?
3. Do I want muscle with a throaty V-8 sound or import type (BMW,Audi,Porsche,etc.)
4. How much potential versus cost does the cars I have in mind have?
5. How long do I plan on keeping this car?

Figure this out and you should be able to figure out what best suits you

03-04 cobra thats a mid 12s out of the box. gt500 also mid 12s.

Back