Fastest car for $45k or less, new or used

The terminator cobras are badass no doubt....I've always wanted one.....until the 2011 500 ;) But I could go out and get a nicely built Terminator now......hmm very tempting.....

The terminator cobras are badass no doubt....I've always wanted one.....until the 2011 500 ;) But I could go out and get a nicely built Terminator now......hmm very tempting.....

my friend has a terminator stang and my other friend has a gt-500.

my friend told me the terminator running 8pounds boost stock i believe, put the upgraded 10 or 12 pound pulley on and its a different car all together.

found a site who does mild to wild port jobs on the factory blowers, prices seem cheap too.

If I didnt find the truck, that was my next thing to buy.

I love my truck, but I hate that mods are not as common as other cars and mods cost a arm and both legs.

So I have found the cts-v is quicker then the gt500 and quicker then the e63benz

The links show an 11 caddy. It's the same engine, so it should b acturate enough.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezf...lication/68fe292c986ee5b24ad31e5ddd7341cb.pdf

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe vs. 2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG - Full Comparison Test at RoadandTrack.com

The caddy appeals to me way more then the gt500. I do favor luxury but would have considered the gt500 if it was marginally quicker.

I plan to keep the car till something blows me away more then what I find.

The sound of the exhaust isn't as important as the performance. as far as how fast do I want.. At this point I set a bar of proclaimed 12.3 quarter mile. So if you can find me something quicker out of the box for $45k with 4 seat, let me know. I think that something that goes beyond that will be rare, so that will come with the territory. And I don't mind putting $2k or so into something to do small things like chips or intakes or small easy bolt ons.

Last edited:
I have a GT500 and I would not put it in the same class as the CTS-V, no matter the price of either. My brother has a modded CTS-V (puts out ~560rwhp) and my GT500 is modded as well. We haven't lined them up... he doesn't live close by, but i believe my car is faster.

That being said... they are both modded.

Stock for stock, it would be close, but the CTS-V has much more comfortable (and larger) rear seats than the GT500. It has a larger trunk as well... its just a bigger car.

It also is more luxurious inside. Then again... all else being equal, it is significantly more expensive than the GT500, but maybe not if you're looking for used ones... I don't know, I haven't checked the used market.

Anyway... I think the CTS-V is a great choice for what you are after!

a 2010 Challenger with an Edelbrock supercharger :D

Wait until he gets a Caddy and sees what mods they have for them :p

Last edited:
sounds like you've already made up your mind...

I haven't made up my mind. I just wanted to see if the caddy is what I am looking for. I don't want to do anything without researching. I have looked into every car you guys have mentioned as you guys have stated them. This helps me with ideas. I would rather question myself now then later.

Oh and I hate the porsche panamera because I can't afford it. That is a sick car.

You have to remember.

That 12.3 track time was done by a pro driver on a good track, with good conditions.

many people see what a car can do and take it to the track to pull 1 sec slower or worse.

I would also look into what mods do what to the car, I know the gt-500 will wake up with simple bolt on mods.

look at the 03-04 cobras rated at what 390HP compare to the gt500 500HP, both pulled almost same track times :dontknow:

But mod for mod the gt500 will eat the terminator up.

me myself, I would grab a cobra, they are cheaper now due to age, but still maintain good value. And can be modded pretty cheap to run fast.

I only say cheap when compare to prices for our trucks for mods.

That be a saleen truck and they are crap!! Im unaware of a Super Snake 750hp truck though???

who said it was 750+hp:dontknow:

500hp Ford Shelby Super Snake. looks sick if you ask me. esp if it was black with dark grey/metallic stripes.

they had it up against some other perf trucks, one a economical version of a race/drift truck built by the Truck'in (magazine)'s guys who demolished it.

matter of fact, the SS brought a very poor showing. there arent many out there. but it is out there

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-YJp0G7qKU[/ame]

Last edited:
if you stay on this site and click on the "Showdown" article/video, you will see what it was up against.

i mean look at the stats on the bottom of the page. laugh-able.

funny thing is all they did was build a heavy 500hp truck that would get eatin alive by a STOCK 10...and is the same weight, hp, etc. tht is funny to me:D

Truckin' Throwdown 2010 - 2008 Shelby F150 Super Snake - Truckin' Magazine

Have not found a Mustang of any vintage or model that will come close to sticking with my CTS V. But she is not stock either...

Mid 11's is easy on street tires. Mickey Thompson just produced drag radials for it...that should move me into the 11:30's...

Get the CTS V...or get the 2012 Camaro with the LSA engine...it will be lighter than the CTS V by 500 lbs...and it should be quick...but it will not be available with anything but the six speed manual. The six speed auto is quicker.

002-1.jpg

Have not found a Mustang of any vintage or model that will come close to sticking with my CTS V. But she is not stock either...

Mid 11's is easy on street tires. Mickey Thompson just produced drag radials for it...that should move me into the 11:30's...

Get the CTS V...or get the 2012 Camaro with the LSA engine...it will be lighter than the CTS V by 500 lbs...and it should be quick...but it will not be available with anything but the six speed manual. The six speed auto is quicker.

002-1.jpg

you sent your V to Lingenfelter? or did you buy it from them? and what do you have done to it?

i would LOVE to have a CTS-V. i love everything about them

WOW Roy is all that carbon fiber look done by Eddie?? Does it look as good in person as the pictures?

Prof,

Which LPE package do you have on your CTS-V? As you can see in my profile, I'm a huge fan of LPE... expensive, yes, but it all comes with warranty and their packages are engineered extremely well. I've had the twin-turbo package on my Z06 for over 7 years... runs like a top.

I have seriously considered selling my GT500 (love the car, but I should not have bought the convertible... not b/c of the craftsmanship, but b/c here in N. TX it is too hot to drive the thing with the top down about 75% of the year) and trading "up" to a more grown-up car like the CTS-V. Obviously it wouldn't stay stock for long.

you have run mid-11s on stock street tires? What's the trap speed? Have you had the car dyno'd?

Thx.

OP... get the CTS-V. Like you, I research, research, research before I buy... there is nothing out there that can compete with this car for the price you are looking at...not that can _really_ seat 4 people.

If you want luxury and speed the CTSV is you best bang for buck....there's nothing else out there in your price range stock or close to stock competing with it...... I will say again that they are not low 12 sec cars out the box..... Prof's is nodded..... I vie seen them run and there nice but not meeting my personal needs as I want a weekend beast! The CTSV is pretty damn expensive to mod...get on there forums and check them out ;) If I was looking for a sporty sedan id be looking at getting one no doubt

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back