Fastest car for $45k or less, new or used

Terminators are badass but I'd go with a 98-02 trans am ram air LS car. Bang for your buck, there is no better deal. Throw on some long tubes an an ls6 intake along with some tuning for a 12sec ride.

Sorry, I didn't read the op. You will need to spend around 2 grand for a 12sec trans am and it's not a sedan.

If you want luxury and speed the CTSV is you best bang for buck....there's nothing else out there in your price range stock or close to stock competing with it...... I will say again that they are not low 12 sec cars out the box..... Prof's is nodded..... I vie seen them run and there nice but not meeting my personal needs as I want a weekend beast! The CTSV is pretty damn expensive to mod...get on there forums and check them out ;) If I was looking for a sporty sedan id be looking at getting one no doubt

Like just about any vehicle, it depends on where you race and under what conditions... many are low-12 second cars bone stock, down to the paper air filter.

As far as being expensive to mod... compared to what? Anything that has a factory blower is relatively easy and inexpensive to mod to a certain point. The power gains-to-$ ratio is usually very good. But that is just my experience with factory supercharged vehicles.

New fiveOh is huge bang for the buck car. Slap a SC on it and it's scary fast. Gt500s are just cool, love em.
I have $25k in my stang and it runs 12.2's all day silky smooth all the way down the track. It's so consistent I have 2 first place wins out of 3 races this year.
Nice thing about stangs, mods are cheap compared to vipers and vettes.
Ctsv is awesome too. Whatever you choose your having fun that's for sure.

Considering you like in CO and probably need/want AWD. I would go with a 08-10 Jeep SRT-8 or a newer Audi S5

My choice would be the V my favorite car right now,Close second would be anything in the SRT family JGC,Charger,300.They all have 4 doors and go good.

That CTS-V is bad a$$.

Far and away the best daily driver I have ever owned. It is a rush to go to the garage and have to choose between the SRT 10 and the CTS V...hell from time to time I take my wife's asphalt ripping Prius...it is Venom Performance modified!

IMG_0572.jpg

Adding to the Stable....

Here's the latest add to my stable. (hint: I've had the truck for several years now).

PicturesLab_No_FX_2011-09-30_20-11-59.jpg

I'd be willing to bet the ZL1 camaro will have a 10k+ sticker price for some time:mad:

My wife loves her CTS-V. I personally don't drive or ride in it much cause it gives me the itch to make it faster. It's already to fast for her IMHO but she's drove 12k miles with no problems so far..

Last edited:
The CTS V is not your Dad's Cadillac...but the GTS is one really fine ride...no one will ever disagree with that statement!

Hey Roy (Prof) is your CTS-V a coupe or sedan, 6 speed or auto, and what did Lingenfelter do and for how much?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back