full exhaust and 93oct tune results

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over the past couple days i have tried to find some time to work on the truck. finished her up today. i alredy had a maggie catback with the back cats cut out and a cold air intake. i felt a small, yet noticable difference when i put the exhaust on. I also felt another small, but noticable seat of the pants difference when i put on my Volant CAI.

today finished up my new Belenger LTH with HFC and installed my 93 oct. tune (from Torrie of course)

i pooched up to the gas station, filled up on 93 octane, drove around town for a couple miles for about a half hour, never got the rpm's over 2600 and never went wot. After dinner i took her out to the country for my first WOT test run. Keep in mind i have done many runs on this road and usually spin all the way through first and chirp second.

well, alomost seemed to not spin as much in first (but the road is much warmer today) and mor of a bark instead of a chirp hittin second. and absolutely NO seat of the pants difference.

I am disapointed to say the least. i spent over $2,200.00 for the headers and tune. i have heard guys say they can feel a difference with a tune alone or headers alone. and i did both at te same time.

hell, i could most deff feel a deffinte differnce with the flashed PCM in my old 05 QC

i dont think there was a mistake i could have made with the headers and it said sucsess when i installed my tune. i was expecting to see aroun a 40hp gain to the wheels AT LEAST. could not have made any mistakes with instalation

i dont know, maybe i was expecting too much. i do think i got a littl more tourque, and the truck maybe excells better in the higher gears instead of falling off around 100mph. and the truck most deff sounds better at 2500+rpm's, b ut sounds the exact same at idol and low rpm's. and acctually sound kind of crappy cus you can hear engine clinks through the exhast if its just idoling (but its not that bad). and to top it off the exhaust stinks.

Just figured i would see more for the amount of money i spent.

Anyone else out there not get what they expected. i love the look of the headers, so i dont regret them, just figured i would see more. and i am deff not trying to knock torrie by any means, everyone knows he is an engine guru and most deff knows what he is doing. this may not be the best review, but it is my honest findings with these two mods

Tunes are not an exact science....not uncommon for a tune to be disappointing...been there done that....what you need to do is contact Torrie and tell him what you said here...sometimes he needs to redo the tune.....this happens with all tuners......he will make you smile in the end..;)

Anyone else out there not get what they expected. i love the look of the headers, so i dont regret them, just figured i would see more. and i am deff not trying to knock torrie by any means, everyone knows he is an engine guru and most deff knows what he is doing. this may not be the best review, but it is my honest findings with these two mods

From your explanation, it doesn't at all seem to appear vicious. You just need to discuss your findings with Torrie and see what he can do for you regarding your tune. The truck should make more power with your current mods, but sometimes it's hard to hit the tune spot-on the first time around. Especially without your tuner being present to assist you.

I'm sure Torrie can provide you with a more appropriate to tune once given your findings to best suit your modifications. But be patient, It may take a few times to get the best results.

Good Luck!

Like TNVIPER said. You may just need a different program on your SCT tunner. Email Torrie and try out another. But your def not gonna feel as big a different from your 05 QC. Tunner does LOTS to the AUTO tranny to make it feel much better. (torque manangement system -REMOVED)

I mentioned this on another thread and got beat on pretty bad! The intake , heads, cam and manifolds are pretty well balanced! Gains with headers really is a tradeoff to extra heat under the hood and not really worth the cost, unless you plan to change those items!

I have deleted my cats and still have the factory catback and my truck brings a bigassed grin to my face everytime I lite it up! On the street , at 4000 rpm the tires either break loose or feel like they will ! Remember, these are bigassed heavy trucks that sound awesome and turn alot of heads but you want to go fast cheap buy a mustang!

Did mention mustangs are for women!!

im in the same boat brother....i put the headers and coils with wires and new plugs and the truck feels slower.......

Tunes are not an exact science....not uncommon for a tune to be disappointing...been there done that....what you need to do is contact Torrie and tell him what you said here...sometimes he needs to redo the tune.....this happens with all tuners......he will make you smile in the end..;)

awsome. it is no secret that his customer service is second to none. i didnt know he could fiddle with things of the top of his head. basically i thought it was a predetermined tune for truck and mods. but if he can tweak it maybe we can squeeze a little more power outa my baby.

thanks

Do you have a 2006?

Yes sir. 2006 RC NR, belanger LTH, HFC, Maggie Catback, Volant CAI, SCT (9550), jtsvp shifter, stinks rear lower, caltracs, . And i have not adjusted my caltracs before or since the headers and such. so tire spin is pretty consistsant except for about 10^ degree ambient air temp. and im rockin some crappy kuhmo ecstas. i should be blowin the tires off in first. and i dont know the elevation but im in central IL. flat farm land

From your explanation, it doesn't at all seem to appear vicious. You just need to discuss your findings with Torrie and see what he can do for you regarding your tune. The truck should make more power with your current mods, but sometimes it's hard to hit the tune spot-on the first time around. Especially without your tuner being present to assist you.

I'm sure Torrie can provide you with a more appropriate to tune once given your findings to best suit your modifications. But be patient, It may take a few times to get the best results.

Good Luck!

good deal. i will shot him a message, thanks

I mentioned this on another thread and got beat on pretty bad! The intake , heads, cam and manifolds are pretty well balanced! Gains with headers really is a tradeoff to extra heat under the hood and not really worth the cost, unless you plan to change those items!

I have deleted my cats and still have the factory catback and my truck brings a bigassed grin to my face everytime I lite it up! On the street , at 4000 rpm the tires either break loose or feel like they will ! Remember, these are bigassed heavy trucks that sound awesome and turn alot of heads but you want to go fast cheap buy a mustang!

Did mention mustangs are for women!!

hahahaha, i will NEVER own a shitstang. unless srt-ralph gives me his free. lol

Yeah, i did alot of reaserch on the subject, and it seemed to be most felt a difference with header, but, like you said, unless ur goin the full intake, interior, exhaust. it may not be worth it. i mostly got them for the power, look, and sound. Like i said i dont regret them, just disapointed in the gain.

and it says alot that ronnie is still rockin stock mannies. i will most likely never go with heads or a cam, but do plan on gettin the intake and TB ported/polished. heads and cam is just plain out of my price range now, maybe in the far future.:dontknow:

but again, most say they felt a seat of the pants difference.

im in the same boat brother....i put the headers and coils with wires and new plugs and the truck feels slower.......

well that sucks dick, wires coils and plugs are gunna be done in the next month or so. i thought that combo was supposed to give u like 10hp? did u get stinks?

just a thought. is it possible that my tune needs adjusted not just for the tuner but for the headers aswell. like insted of a tune needin redone, it only makes it worse becouse it need redon becouse of the headers. thisis hard to explain

ok say the tuner is supposed to give me 20hp (example) but since it needs adjusted it is only giving me 5hp, but becouse it needs adjusted and i headers, is it possible that the tune needing revised would cause me to not gain the power from the headers as well?

i believe the ECM still has to "learn" the new set up, tune or not.

when i installed my Belangers, on both trucks, it felt like i went the wrong way. i was "pissy" to say the least.

thats why the instructions say, DO NOT RUN ON DYNO after install.

after a few miles, i'm thinkin 500+, she came in & i was happy in my pants:D

might ask Torrie & get his input on the learnin subject

Last edited:
i believe the ECM still has to "learn" the new set up, tune or not.

when i installed my Belangers, on both trucks, it felt like i went the wrong way. i was "pissy" to say the least.

thats why the instructions say, DO NOT RUN ON DYNO after install.

after a few miles, i'm thinkin 500+, she came in & i was happy in my pants:D

might ask Torrie & get his input on the learnin subject

yeah, i read that, i just assumed since i was puttin the tune on that he alredy set ECM where it should be for my mods. maybe it will start to pull harde as time goes on.

my buddy was with, and he knows my truck just as much as i do. sometimes we trade vehicles for the weeken, (he has a vette). and he sad u wouldnt even notice unless i told him.

yeah...its the sct itself .....not torrie......he emailed me some new tunes and when i tried to load them the sct is screwed up...

Guys, one thing to remember is that Headers will yield high rpm horsepower at the EXPENSE of low end TORQUE!!! TORQUE is what you feel "seat of the pants" and you lost some of that in the lower RPMs where you are used to spinning the tires. The same mods done on the Viper Car would be astonishing to say the least. Our trucks need the Torque to get the 5K+lbs moving. Good reason many hard hitter NA motors are running manifolds. You can also port the manifolds to match the heads and gaskets and have some nice flowing exhaust manifolds.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back