General Supercharger Chit-Chat

Yea here's a pic
1c77f9c9.jpg

Nice, 4v heads too, with a blower mounted that far forward it might just fit on a 10

Im running a 7" crank pulley and the rest are stock and 8PSI boost,I have the Blown Away blower brackets that are almost twice as thick as the stock Paxton brackets and theres an adjustable belt tensioner (that doesnt do much,being that its slot to tighten isnt on the proper angle,the pulley will push the belts together and touch before the end of the slot)
I keep throwing belts,Ive tried a bunch of different belts and they all get eaten up and eventually tossed off,wrecked 6 belts last summer,its when im torqued up and the truck moves sideways as I let off is when it throws it off and eats it up!:confused:

I have the JTSVP Billet aluminum overdrive pulley along with the factory Paxton pulley. I haven't had a chance to run the motor yet as I still need to put the motor back in the truck when I get back. So I'm not sure if it will slip, plus I wanted to run a smaller Paxton pulley to increase boost.

Yeah I would like to find someone to make me a cog pulley for the crank and the blower:rock:

I emailed a guy about that says he has made a few cogged set ups for paxtons so I'll keep you posted

I have the JTSVP Billet aluminum overdrive pulley along with the factory Paxton pulley. I haven't had a chance to run the motor yet as I still need to put the motor back in the truck when I get back. So I'm not sure if it will slip, plus I wanted to run a smaller Paxton pulley to increase boost.

I emailed a guy about that says he has made a few cogged set ups for paxtons so I'll keep you posted

Those are the pullies I'm running now and they slip, cog belt system I'm sure will resolve all my belt issues.

Those are the pullies I'm running now and they slip, cog belt system I'm sure will resolve all my belt issues.

Might try an even larger crank pulley? Then you could use a bigger pulley on the paxton to maintain current boost level. Bigger blower pulley should have less slip

I work at Southern Hotrod in Louisiana. I recently picked up a 04 SRT10 equipped with the Roe setup. We are known for big blowers hanging out the hood on late model Mopars. I've got a 6-71 BDS and a 8.3L Whipple at the shop now and it's not going to fit on a Ram SRT10 without major modification and fabrication. If someone could get that setup to work we could... I'm going to really look into this. Also,...
How much could I get for a low mileage Roe setup?
How much is the Procharger setup and what blower are they using on a stock 8.3L engine?

I work at Southern Hotrod in Louisiana. I recently picked up a 04 SRT10 equipped with the Roe setup. We are known for big blowers hanging out the hood on late model Mopars. I've got a 6-71 BDS and a 8.3L Whipple at the shop now and it's not going to fit on a Ram SRT10 without major modification and fabrication. If someone could get that setup to work we could... I'm going to really look into this. Also,...
How much could I get for a low mileage Roe setup?
How much is the Procharger setup and what blower are they using on a stock 8.3L engine?

Saw yalls 300 in mopar now this month, totally badass. I think the last roe setup I remember seeing sell was around 5500 bucks. You should post up more yalls knowledge with superchargers would be very welcome here, the roe just never really lived up expectations(in my opinion) get with Justin at JMB for any procharger questions he is the one that makes the kits.

6-71=411 cubic inches, roe(whipple/lyshlom)=3.3/3.4L or 207 cubic inches, so yeah about half the size but I think they spin way faster

Saw yalls 300 in mopar now this month, totally badass. I think the last roe setup I remember seeing sell was around 5500 bucks. You should post up more yalls knowledge with superchargers would be very welcome here, the roe just never really lived up expectations(in my opinion) get with Justin at JMB for any procharger questions he is the one that makes the kits.

Thanks... We are very proud to have our 300C finally get some magazine coverage. Take a loom at this months Mopar Muscle magazine and my Challenger just got featured. Its B5 blue with Vossen wheels and huge Mopar billboard decal on the side.

Ive got plenty of Procharger experience and they work great. I've seen Ram SRT10 trucks with them, but Procharger doesn't list them in their dealer catalog.

I'll keep an eye out for it my father in law has a subscription. Yeah procharger didn't come up with the kit JMB performance fabbed it up after a build he was working on ran out of blower using the paxton kit.

Would it help to treat the pulleys with Carbonite, which is a rough coating used to increase belt traction. Since the jtsvp pulley is 8 rib does anyone already offer a 10 rib pully for the crank? Also for the guys running the procharger cogged belt set up-How's the clearance of radiator fan set up? Did you have to switch to the electric fan set up?

Does anyone make a dual belt tensioner for the Novi 2000 set up for our trucks?

Last edited:
Would it help to treat the pulleys with Carbonite, which is a rough coating used to increase belt traction. Since the jtsvp pulley is 8 rib does anyone already offer a 10 rib pully for the crank? Also for the guys running the procharger cogged belt set up-How's the clearance of radiator fan set up? Did you have to switch to the electric fan set up?

Yes to run a cog set up you have to run electric fan assembly.

Stop posting and install your ProCharger bra! Many inquiring minds want to see this kit on stock internals! kthnxbye

Stop posting and install your ProCharger bra! Many inquiring minds want to see this kit on stock internals! kthnxbye

Haha I know man I am working on it every weekend at this point but just so much to do from body work to all new parts. I will post some up dates after this weekend.

Whatever cog pulleys Justin uses not sure if they are 30 or 50mm.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back