Horrible News

I hear alot of good prices coming from grundy. Unusually good prices. Anyone ever had to file a claim with them.

I hear alot of good prices coming from grundy. Unusually good prices. Anyone ever had to file a claim with them.

My dad has once, he was working on his Streetrod and wasnt taken it out of the garage he drove over something that kicked up and cracked the paint on one of his fender, the Insurance guy came out to inspect the area, and Grundy paid for it. Rates didnt increase

I dont know what will happen if someone crashed and it involves another car, I heard stories from other people that it took over 6 months to get insurance straighten out because the other drivers insurance wouldn't pay because they felt the classic car was "totalled" while Grundy/Hagerty says its re-buildable

Also Grundy reimbrused you if you break down and have to call a tow-truck, just show them the bill and you get a check in a few days

We shopped around for insurance prices for years, My wife's PT Cruiser cost more to insure than my truck due to special coverage. After looking at all these different insurance companies, the absolute best quote and way under everyone else was Triple A. I couldn't believe it, My insurance went down over $800 a year. That's even with all the roadside stuff and everything.

I've got Grundy, my total bill for my 93 Lightning, 95 Lightning and my 04 SRT is 619.00 a year. Unlimited mileage, in fact, I'm going to drive the piss out of mine this weekend. Its in the 90's instead of 115 freakin degrees.

Just got a quote from Grundy, $399.00 for the entire year. :)

Is it true, that they'll only cover an accident, if you're on your way to a car show or similar event?

he sanqueef. you redy to sell me ur truck yet:rock:. sorry for the side track

OFF TOPIC: no but really. you ready?

I just got an unsolicited update to my auto insurance policy. I had an accident the day before i deployed back in october. The investigation determined i was only 49% at fault, and in florida, that is not at fault. My insurance premium did not change.

Now that i have my new Srt-10, they went through my file, and some policy manager reviewed the investigation and put me 100% at fault. I agree with him on the legal aspect, he is right. The insurance bureau already has the update, and every quote i have got today, is even higher than what my company is increasing me.

When i determined i could purchase my new truck, i was able to insure it for $80 a month. After the policy update, my premium increased over 300 a month. When i move to DC in november its going to go up another 60. This does not even account for my Nitro and Durango. I will be paying over 500 a month in insurance.

That puts this truck costing me $1150 a month (Payments, insurance, fuel) plus oil changes tires, and maintenance.

The worse of it, my wife told me after i got the truck home, she wants to go back to dental school next fall. With everything calculated im just under being able to keep us afloat on my income alone.

I dont know what im going to do at this point, but it looks like i have fucked myself again.

Thats strange.... I pay that much in gas every month......... acutally my insurance went up 100$ a month when we got the truck, and thats saying its only a weekend truck with 5000mi a year goin on it. In all actuallity, I drive the hell out of this truck, I love it almost as much as my Ducati.

Is it true, that they'll only cover an accident, if you're on your way to a car show or similar event?

Are you talking about Grundy? My father filed a claim for a self-accident, he drove over a piece of metal and got caught up in the wheel and cracked the paint on one of his fenders, and Grundy covered it. He wasnt driving to a show. Grundy sent out an insurance adjuster to verify the damage area and made notes and took pictures of the area

Just got a quote from Grundy, $399.00 for the entire year. :)

I watched a show on SPEED with Jim Grundy, he said you could even drive your car to work and other places if you wanted to. I think that they do like you park it in a garage.

Grundy huh? Thanks for the tip everyone. I will look into it this weekend.

-Chris

If you are in the service, you should check USAA...I have been with them for over 40 years,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back