HP and Performance build...

kyle's srt10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of building a motor this winter.:dontknow: I will be purchasing a motor from X2 for the build so the truck won't be down all winter:rock: Then I'll just sell mine afterwards.

Ok so some may know my current mods but what I have that will be re-used consist of:

JMB CAI
Ported and coated manifolds
MSD wires
4.88's

For those that are thinking it this build will be on a budget kinda and I WILL NOT be using N2O;)

I'd really like to stay NA:dontknow: Wondering what kind of HP and performance I could get out of Strikers custom cam and at least pistons maybe rods:dontknow: What compression should I go with? How strong to build the motor cost ect ect....:D

I'm not going to rush anything at all. Also I'm not against SC'r again either. To me there's just something about a bad ass NA motor! Especially when you pop the hood and it looks stock:rock:

This is still a few months out for me and I just wanted some ideas. I really want to be happy with the truck performance wise and stock for me doesn't cut it. LOL!

I wouldn't skimp on the bottom end. Build it to handle your ultimate goals so you don't have to tear it down and upgrade it again. Then the strikers (or boost) would just bolt on later when you have the extra cash to throw at it.

Stinker has all the bottom stuff you need..........Pirateman went with 11.5 pistons but said he had to use race fuel...he put out 600+HP..probably would keep around 10.5...should have no trouble tuning 93..

Build a solid foundation right the first time,will save alot of time and money down the road!,Strykers for sure if your going NA!

kyle's srt10 said:
Thinking of building a motor this winter.:dontknow: I will be purchasing a motor from X2 for the build so the truck won't be down all winter:rock: Then I'll just sell mine afterwards.

Ok so some may know my current mods but what I have that will be re-used consist of:

JMB CAI
Ported and coated manifolds
MSD wires
4.88's

For those that are thinking it this build will be on a budget kinda and I WILL NOT be using N2O;)

I'd really like to stay NA:dontknow: Wondering what kind of HP and performance I could get out of Strikers custom cam and at least pistons maybe rods:dontknow: What compression should I go with? How strong to build the motor cost ect ect....:D

I'm not going to rush anything at all. Also I'm not against SC'r again either. To me there's just something about a bad ass NA motor! Especially when you pop the hood and it looks stock:rock:

This is still a few months out for me and I just wanted some ideas. I really want to be happy with the truck performance wise and stock for me doesn't cut it. LOL!

Definatly won't be going this route. Didn't get much of a response anyways:D
Not really sure yet what I'll be doing:dontknow: I know it won't be a complete build I just don't want to spend that kind of $$$$ right now:( (I did however just buy the wife a new yukon so I'm sure she would let me do whatever:burnout:)

kyle's srt10 said:
Definatly won't be going this route. Didn't get much of a response anyways:D
Not really sure yet what I'll be doing:dontknow: I know it won't be a complete build I just don't want to spend that kind of $$$$ right now:( (I did however just buy the wife a new yukon so I'm sure she would let me do whatever:burnout:)

With very good heads, around 10.5:1, full exhaust with hi-flows or no cats and a cam to match, you can use pump gas with a performance tune and expect around 600 wheel (with a manual trans.).

If you have it in your budget, you can first go with some forged goodies on the inside. I didn't bother on mine but it would have been a good idea. And like Joe mentioned (Yellow Venom), it provides a solid foundation.

A good tune is the key here so it doesn't detonate and wreck the factory pistons.

Ronnie

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
Stinker has all the bottom stuff you need..........Pirateman went with 11.5 pistons but said he had to use race fuel...he put out 600+HP..probably would keep around 10.5...should have no trouble tuning 93..
did he ever post a dyno sheet, i know the compression is high but the numbers he claimed are outragous with factory heads

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
did he ever post a dyno sheet, i know the compression is high but the numbers he claimed are outragous with factory heads

I got confused between Pirateman and Trainman...
They both have fast trucks....right?

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
That truck is freakishly fast with factory heads.
11.5 will certainly help as will the lower weight.
Can't comment on the power numbers... :dontknow:
It is what it is....a fast truck !
i've never seen it run, is there a vid somewhere?

You can make 600 rwhp with the Stryker heads and the right cam. Go ahead and slide some forged pistons in there too Kyle just to be safe.

And you are right about the N/A truck just being stronger. VT2933 put down 535 rwhp but had a NASTY torque curve. I beat my neighbors 620 rwhp X-Metal paxton truck EVERY time I raced him both at the track and on the street. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
You can make 600 rwhp with the Stryker heads and the right cam. Go ahead and slide some forged pistons in there too Kyle just to be safe.

And you are right about the N/A truck just being stronger. VT2933 put down 535 rwhp but had a NASTY torque curve. I beat my neighbors 620 rwhp X-Metal paxton truck EVERY time I raced him both at the track and on the street. :rock:

Torque IS the key with a heavy vehicle...:rock:
That is what I did with mine (607 TQ).

Same here- No problems so far racing either a Paxton or a Roe Truck...

Ronnie

Last edited:
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
you are right i lied. It made 245hp

I've been leaning more towards the NA route:rock: Like I said in earlier post I can't spent the $$$ for forging and heads/cam right now (or at least I'd rather not:) )

I would like to see if anyone could put together a price comparison between strikers and porting some stockers. With this being said strikers come complete outta the box ready to bolt on so pricing on stockers would have to be everything from porting to rockers;)

some people just dont think you can get good numbers out of the stock heads...the new set im having done will surprise you stryker folks...results coming soon...jaw dropping to follow...

faslane505 said:
some people just dont think you can get good numbers out of the stock heads...the new set im having done will surprise you stryker folks...results coming soon...jaw dropping to follow...

Who's doing them??:dontknow:

rottenronnie said:
Yeah but that was with every other spark plug wire pulled...;) :D
actually i was very pleased with the performance of the truck. IMO stock heads are fine if you have the right people do the work on them

pirateman said:
you are right i lied. It made 245hp
i'm not saying your lying(however anytime someone doubts you you seem to think that), if you'e found a way to get that kind of power out of stock heads by all mean please post a dyno sheet and explain excatly how you were able to accomplish this all with an very conservitave cam too boot. Your numbers are almost 100hp higher than the next highest N/A build on this site that used factory heads(which was ViperTruck2933's). so excuse me for being skeptical:dontknow:

Troy Buff (who drives the BME TF dragster). Him and his father, Willard Buff (NHRA hall of famer) own a machine shop in Spring Tx. Heads are going to the flow shop this week

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i'm not saying your lying(however anytime someone doubts you you seem to think that), if you'e found a way to get that kind of power out of stock heads by all mean please post a dyno sheet and explain excatly how you were able to accomplish this all with an very conservitave cam too boot. Your numbers are almost 100hp higher than the next highest N/A build on this site that used factory heads(which was ViperTruck2933's). so excuse me for being skeptical:dontknow:
I will get the dyno sheet posted monday. I dont think anyone here has ran the compression ratio that i have either.But all of this is coming from a guy who cant wash his own truck

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back