If you want good customer service... don't by Paxton!!

azpyroguy said:
Hey Brad;

Since Mr. Middlebrook lied under oath about what your discussion what with him at his business location, you could allways write a letter to the court advising the judge that he lied under oath.

Dunno if it would help the situation.. but you never know...

I can PM you the address, judges name, and case # if you like..

Scott.

Scott pm me all the info. I'll be glad to help under the right conditions. First I would like Mrs. Middlebrook to respond to his lies before I do this for you. I would like his side of his lie before I condemn him for being a spinless jellyfish. Fair is fair and I'll give him 1 shot at making it right.

Brad

SrtBrad said:
Scott pm me all the info. I'll be glad to help under the right conditions. First I would like Mrs. Middlebrook to respond to his lies before I do this for you. I would like his side of his lie before I condemn him for being a spinless jellyfish. Fair is fair and I'll give him 1 shot at making it right.

Brad

Clear out your PMs Brad... says your mailbox is full.

Regarding Paxton customer service and Mr. Scott Swenka

On this forum, sometime back, Mr. Swenka began a thread slamming Paxton Automotive because, well, best way I can say this is, he was not getting his way. Mr. Swenka had some issues, yet would not cooperate with our efforts to remedy his problem and he threatened that if Paxton did not give him what he wanted, he was going to flame us on this site. Though he claimed more, he wrote only one letter to Paxton, in September 2007, FOURTEEN MONTHS after he purchased a system.

The charge cooler pump in question has a 90-day warranty. In his lawsuit with the court, Mr. Swenka claimed that the pump went out at 180 days. Later he stated on this forum that it went out at 90 days. As said above, he contacted Paxton at 14 months.

The outcome of the small claims action that Swenka brought against Paxton was not a “drawâ€￾, as he claims, he flat out lost and was awarded nothing. And after that, he has continued to post things that are not true. I am sure that you all wondered why he never got around to posting the documents relating to the case on this website as he said he would. Further, once legal action has been taken, our policy is to not comment or communicate until there is resolution by advice of our lawyers––even for small claims.

Please review the documents included here and you can be the judge. Oh, also, you can go to www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov. You will find that Scott Swenka has filed TWELVE lawsuits (this case was counted only once dispite two appearances). This is not something that most normal people do.

We at Paxton strive for excellence in both product and customer satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Jim Middlebrook
President/CEO
Paxton Automotive Corporation

Mr. Swenka's letter to Paxton can be downloaded here:Removed...ILtemprd

Mr. Swenka's official Complaint can be downloaded here:Removed...ILtemprd

========================================================
The text of Paxton's official Answer to Mr. Swenka's Complaint is posted below
========================================================
1300 Beacon Place
Oxnard, California 93033
Defendant

IN THE MARICOPA COUNTY JUSTICE COURT, STATE OF ARIZONA

HASSAYAMPA JUSTICE COURT

Scott C. Swenka, an individual. : Case No. CC 2007-219288
:
Plaintiff, :
: ANSWER
v. : :
Paxton Automotive Corp. :
:
Defendant :
:

1. Mr. Swenka purchased a PAXTON kit on July 18, 2006. The first record we have of ANY contact from Mr. Swenka occurred on September 17, 2007. He did not register himself as the original owner of the kit, which is the way we confirm whether he would be entitled to warranty service.

2. Attached as Exhibit A is the original letter we received from Mr. Swenka, and the original envelope, which shows that the letter was sent on September 25, 2007, from Arizona. In this letter, Mr. Swenka says that "this has been going on now for 11 months." There are only about four people at Paxton that deal with complaint and concerns, and the only person that has any memory of a contact from Mr. Swenka is Jamie Ravage. Mr. Ravage's report to me on the contact with Mr. Swenka, well as his review of the Swenka letter, is attached as Exhibit B.

3. We have no record of any other complaints or contacts from Mr. Swenka. Attached as Exhibit C is a copy of the warranty in effect in July of 2006.

4. Re the charge cooler. The stamping which can appear at the top of the charge cooler is normal. It was not improperly assembled, not an oversight, and not defective. Nevertheless, because Mr. Swenka did not like the polishing, and even though the charge cooler had been on the car for a while, we offered to repolish it at no charge, if he returned the parts. Mr. Swenka refused this offer.

5. Re the water pump. The warranty on our water pumps, which are manufactured by Ford and an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) part, is 90 days. Mr. Swenka states that his pump went out at 180 days, which is well outside the warranty period, and which would be about February or March, 2007. Even then, it took him another seven months to contact Paxton. Even with the delay, Paxton offered to sell him a new water pump at a reduced price. Mr. Swenka rejected that offer.

6. Mr. Swenka considers his truck to be a show vehicle, and it may very well be an impressive vehicle. We regularly create and showcase show vehicles. To make a show vehicle, one takes routine parts, gives them special polishing, place packing and covers over the vehicle and parts during shipping and storage to prevent marks and fingerprints, and no one uses our show cars as primary vehicles. Paxton makes quality parts, but we make no claim that our parts have been given a "show vehicle" finish.

7. We at Paxton take customer satisfaction issues very seriously. We tried to work with Mr. Swenka as best we could. My staff is authorized to try and make accommodations to keep customer happy. We require that parts be returned to Paxton for examination, which is not only our policy, but reasonable. Mr. Swenka's demand that we ship him a new air filter cover, new charge cooler, and new air intake components, to replace parts that were well out of warranty, without even returning any parts, is completely unreasonable. We also are not inclined to cave to people that are making unreasonable demands under threat, like Mr. Swenka made, of "making a huge posting" on the internet, or "going public" with his dissatisfaction.

8. Unfortunately, from the outset, Mr. Swenka was very angry and hard to deal with. He found nothing to be satisfactory. Paxton Automotive sees no cause for Mr. Swenka's action, and asks that it be denied.

Respectfully submitted,
PAXTON AUTOMOTIVE CORP.
November 21, 2006

By:
Jim Middlebrook, President

The undersigned certifies that a true copy of the foregoing ANSWER was sent by first class mail, postage prepaid, on this 21st day of November, 2007, to Scott C. Swenka

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Paxton customer service and Mr. Scott Swenka

On this forum, sometime back, Mr. Swenka began a thread slamming Paxton Automotive because, well, best way I can say this is, he was not getting his way. Mr. Swenka had some issues, yet would not cooperate with our efforts to remedy his problem and he threatened that if Paxton did not give him what he wanted, he was going to flame us on this site. Though he claimed more, he wrote only one letter to Paxton, in September 2007, FOURTEEN MONTHS after he purchased a system.

The charge cooler pump in question has a 90-day warranty. In his lawsuit with the court, Mr. Swenka claimed that the pump went out at 180 days. Later he stated on this forum that it went out at 90 days. As said above, he contacted Paxton at 14 months.

The outcome of the small claims action that Swenka brought against Paxton was not a “draw”, as he claims, he flat out lost and was awarded nothing. And after that, he has continued to post things that are not true. I am sure that you all wondered why he never got around to posting the documents relating to the case on this website as he said he would. Further, once legal action has been taken, our policy is to not comment or communicate until there is resolution by advice of our lawyers––even for small claims.

Please review the documents included here and you can be the judge. Oh, also, you can go to www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov and you will find that Scott Swenka has filed TWELVE lawsuits (this case was counted only once dispite two appearances). This is not something that most normal people do.

We at Paxton strive for excellence in both product and customer satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Jim Middlebrook
President/CEO

Mr. Swenka's letter to Paxton can be downloaded here:Removed...ILtemprd

Mr. Swenka's official Complaint can be downloaded here:Removed...ILtemprd

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I think should be done by Paxton is remove or block out any personal info that they may have posted or linked. i.e. phone #

No, one should be careful of making claims where they may have no legal standing

ie.....

Be careful who you publicly incriminate, it may back fire

This should be a lesson to all, if you have a claim, let the courts determine fault, not forum opinion

VJ

noid said:
The one thing I think should be done by Paxton is remove or block out any personal info that they may have posted or linked. i.e. phone #
Done..Removed the downoadable pdf files of personal information.

ViperJeff said:
No, one should be careful of making claims where they may have no legal standing

ie.....

Be careful who you publicly incriminate, it may back fire

This should be a lesson to all, if you have a claim, let the courts determine fault, not forum opinion

VJ

very wise words for a nasty situation.:rock: :rock:

paxtonautomotive said:
The outcome of the small claims action that Swenka brought against Paxton was not a “drawâ€￾, as he claims, he flat out lost and was awarded nothing. And after that, he has continued to post things that are not true. I am sure that you all wondered why he never got around to posting the documents relating to the case on this website as he said he would. Further, once legal action has been taken, our policy is to not comment or communicate until there is resolution by advice of our lawyers––even for small claims.

This statement is incorrect, the outcome WAS a draw, thats that is what "DISMISSED", there are several check boxes on the document.

ie: for plaintiff, for defendent, and dismissed.

The box that was checked was "dismissed", and nothing awarded to either side.

So, neither of us "won" anything, but I can say that I least stood up for myself and made a valiant attempt.

paxtonautomotive said:
Please review the documents included here and you can be the judge. Oh, also, you can go to www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov and you will find that Scott Swenka has filed TWELVE lawsuits (this case was counted only once dispite two appearances). This is not something that most normal people do.

So what if I have filed 11 lawsuits in the 13 years that I have lived in Arizona.

He states 12, but there are actually 11 that I filed beceause I was actually sued in one case, the Finley Farms one which is explained below.

Unlike what many do not do, I stand up for my rights as a consumer.

I am happy to describe each one below, the cause, the outcome because I got nothing to hide.

0717CV-0500128, Swenka vs JP Morgan Chase - My transAm was stolen from me in 2004 which had a loan on it and because I was fighting with the insurance companies to cover the loss (which never happened, I had I pay out $12,000) they decided to raise my interest rate on my credit card wrongly, so I sued, and we settled out of court, where they agreed that they should not have raised my rates given the circumstances.

0717CV-0500734, Swenka vs New Century Home Mortgage - I had paid off the mortgage and inadvertently overpaid the company at that time by $500, and they refused to refund my overpayment, so I sued and we we settled out of court.

0720CV-0100067, Swenka vs Mautino - I had made a personal loan to a ex-girlfriend who needed some help to fix her car so she could sell it, and some money to cover a downpayment on a replacement car. I received 4 payments back, and then they stopped, so I was forced to sue her to get the money back I had loaned her, I won because I had loan docs that were signed by her.

0720CV-0400523, Swenka vs University of Phx - I was taking my B.S degree program with this, and one class the insructor that was teaching it said "I am teaching 2 classes allready, I dont have time to teach this third one, and grade/comment on your assignments so that you can learn from your mistakes", so I dropped the class, and requested a refund, never got it, so I sued, and got the money back, left the college, and started with antoher college to finish my degree.

0720CV-0400524, Swenka vs - CitiGroup/CitiCards - My transAm was stolen from me in 2004 which had a loan on it and because I was fighting with the insurance companies to cover the loss (which never happened, I had I pay out $12,000) they decided to raise my interest rate on my credit card wrongly, so I sued, and we settled out of court, where they agreed that they should not have raised my rates given the circumstances.

0720CV-0401090, Swenka vs - CitiGroup/CitiCards - Same deal, transam stolen, but this time they violated their own written agreement with me from the previous lawsuit on 3 months earlier!! We settled out of court.

0720CV-0405347, Finley Farms vs Swenka - I was sued by my HOA for suppsedly not paying one of my $90 (yes, 90 bucks), HOA assessements, which I did, had a cashed check, and withdrawal from my account to prove that I did pay the account, and on time. We settled out of court.

0720CV-9902259, Swenka vs Southest Mobile Storage - One of their drivers cut me off in my S-10, which had a bunch of rocks and dirt on his flatbed of the his truck, and the several hundred pieces of rock/junk fell on my hood, and front fenders requiring that a paint job be done. I had a witness in the truck with me, I won little over $2k in this case. He lost because AZ law requires that all loads be maintained from damaging others on the roadway.

CC2006-181682, Swenka vs Commercial Recovery - This was a case where they were hired by Mitsubishi to try and recover payment on a vehicle loan that I had allready paid off, and had a payoff letter from Mitsubishi stating the same. I sued, they realized the error of their ways, and backed down, we agreed that if they paid my court costs and make sure there was no "bad marks" on my credit.

CC2006-181685, Swenka vs Mitsubishi Motors - Same case as above, but I had to bring suit on Mitsubishi because because they hired the company, and violated their own payoff letter, and continued to hire "collection agencies" to collect on a loan that was paid off and title was released on.

CC2007-219280, Swenka vs Yamaha Electronics - I had to file suit on Yamaha becase I bought a $1,500 home theater receiver that ended up having knwon firmware issues with HDMI interfaces, causing me to constantly restart my projector unit to get it to sync up and display, but they failed to allow me to send the unit back so that it could be updated or replaced under warranty. We settled out of court, they refunded my money, and I returned the unit to them, and I purchased a another brand unit.

CC2007-219288, Swenka vs Paxton, no need to expain here again what this was all about.

Each and everyone one of them are valid claims, where I prevailed legally, or we settled out of court.

To be honest I was thinking about taking your ass to court Scott. After attending a BBQ and not being told to bring my own steak. I have suffered erection problems and severe BBQ nightmares. This has caused me a great deal of pain and suffering......For the Love of God Perry Mason :D No wonder this country is all screwed up. Go ahead and sue me for my post :p Sue happy Bastage :D :D Dismissed means the judge had common sense not to take it further because nobody could prove their case period....Nothing more or less.....The only thing left is Judge Judy LOLOL Do it Bro take it to judge Judy so I can see her Bitch slap you into the next century :D Maybe she will fine you and make you BBQ steaks for the homeless...Bastage :D :elefant:

Double Post

P.S. - Sorry for the double post. The first one didn't show up at first so I tried again. If one of the moderators wants to delete the second one then go ahead.

That's what's wrong with this country... you don't get what you want so you sue. You can say what you want but you know that the company is going to settle your menial lawsuits rather than fight them because it costs them too much money in lawyers fees. You aren't standing up for yourself as you claim... if everything isn't exactly a perfect experience you want your money back with interest, or free stuff. I'm suprised that Paxton took the time and expense to even go to court. YOU and others like you are the reason we need a loser pays court system. Run off you and the scumbag lawyers who take these cases. Glad I don't live in Arizona where my tax dollars are being spent so that you don't have to buy a $50 water pump or spend $200 on some polishing.

Joe

I agree, sorry to say but you seem like a sue happy guy, I hate people who sue over any little thing

stick said:
I agree, sorry to say but you seem like a sue happy guy, I hate people who sue over any little thing

Maybe you like being screwed by others, and big corporate giants.... I personally don't, and I take a stand against it... but its a choice you make.

I pay $8k+ for a system, I expect it to be perfect. And I ALLWAYS give the company/person a chance to make it right before I take it legally with them.

Scrambler1 said:
That's what's wrong with this country... you don't get what you want so you sue. You can say what you want but you know that the company is going to settle your menial lawsuits rather than fight them because it costs them too much money in lawyers fees. You aren't standing up for yourself as you claim... if everything isn't exactly a perfect experience you want your money back with interest, or free stuff. I'm suprised that Paxton took the time and expense to even go to court. YOU and others like you are the reason we need a loser pays court system. Run off you and the scumbag lawyers who take these cases. Glad I don't live in Arizona where my tax dollars are being spent so that you don't have to buy a $50 water pump or spend $200 on some polishing.

Joe

I never said that I wanted free stuff, with interest.... I only wanted them to do the right thing and fix the problem and it never happened.

BTW: The waterpump is way more then $50, try more like $200, and polishing is about $300.

Quality assurance, and customer service are non-existence terms in most business models today... I only expect to actually get what I have paid for, and not have to pay twice.

If you want to take their side, fine.. I really don't care what you think about me, those who have met me know the kind of person that I am, and if you want take pot shots at me from 2500 miles away and hide behind a screen name doing so, go right on ahead.

Just take a look at the thread of how I handled the situation with speakers that I sent to Maui/SRT10 that got busted in shipment.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21919

I would not have had to have done that.. but because I felt it WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO I DID.

I could have said, tough.... deal with FedEx yourself.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back