IndyCoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Chip and Lori,

We do pray that God will touch Phil in a miraculous way and that he'll be as good as new before you know it.....

God bless you both.....

SD

Scubachip and Lori - thank you very much for the update! - We are praying for Phil's full and complete recovery and for your family to have all the necessary strength to get through this tragic time in your lives.

Please let us know if you need anything :)

Hey Chip! I hope to meet with you and your mom on Friday. She has my cell phone number. You're welcome to call ANYTIME, 24-7. I'm about 15 min. away from the hospital.

I've been posting updates in this thread:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2588

I'll copy/paste my latest post here....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
I'm back from visiting with Phil at the hospital. I think things went very well.

I arrived a little after 8PM as the nurses were doing their 'check-up' on Phil. It was kind of good timing, because I could see/hear what was going on. Of course, when they start with their lingo...."medial distal" and all that, I'm totally lost.

There were good, solid reactions in his feet when they checked them. He's in "booties" so his feet won't droop down as he's in the bed. There are also mini-g-force suits on his legs, to keep the blood flowing to the right areas. And, he's still got those sweet hospital PJ's on. :D High fashion, baby!

The abrasions on his forehead are starting to heal nicely. He might have a few scars to show off later (chicks dig scars). As Phil's brother said in the other thread, the pressure monitor has been removed from his head. This is a good thing. For some reason, I thought his head would be shaved, but they only trimmed a small spot for the pressure monitor. There are a few stitches there now.

He's in a bed that keeps him moving. It rolls him left to right, and inflates and deflates. I guess it's to prevent bed sores and blood from pooling in areas. It's a pretty kickass bed. It has more adjustments than the Patriot's defense.

You want machines? They got machines. Not a lot of horsepower, but there's some seriously tech gear there. Phil's numbers didn't change drastically while we were there, but I did notice some breathing and heart fluctuations while Rachel and I were talking with him. Nothing major, but enough for me to sense Phil was having some type of reaction to my voice or presence. For me, a non-medical person, it was encouraging to see the slight changes on the monitor.

The nurse told me, "Just speak to him as if he's a really good listener."

I told him a few of the basics of what went on at the Nats, and the latest from the forum, and that everything was being taken care of so he shouldn't worry at all. Even if I had a laptop (which I don't), I'm not sure they'd allow it in there with all the other machines they have running. It is the ICU after all. I'm going to re-read some of the threads tonight and refresh my memory for tomorrow.

Visiting hours were over, so we told Phil that I'd be back tomorrow afternoon and let him rest. On our way past the desk, I asked the nurse if she could turn on the TV for a little while. She said she'd watch a little with him. That made me feel a little better as we left.

Expect an update tomorrow PM.

NBT- feel free to call me anytime.

:congrats: Kevan, you are the man.....thanks for all the great updates and I am glad that we have someone close to keep checking in on him. I think its a great idea also that you will be reading things from the forum......every little bit helps...thanks again.....bikertat
Also let Phil know this is post 100 for me :D . Geesh I need to slow down...:D

I appreciated your PM's Chip...I gave you my phone numbers and without question any support you need, I will do all I can for you and Phil....My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.....Give him the hug I could'nt and tell him that He is Loved and we miss him....Please :D Mikey

Thanks again for the update Kevan...... Very encouraging......Keep us all posted....

PS...I know Mikey's secret.......

SD

Kevan said:
Hey Chip! I hope to meet with you and your mom on Friday. She has my cell phone number. You're welcome to call ANYTIME, 24-7. I'm about 15 min. away from the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

Kevan...thanks for "picking up the ball"... you are a great fella, and we could not have done this without you bro. We will be in touch...:call:

Hello Lori and Chip

While it's nice to see that you have joined us here, I just wish it had been under different circumstances. As you can tell we are very close on this forum and when something like this happens we are all affected by it.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Phil and all of his family. With all this power behind Phil he will come out of this without a hitch.

Take care and thank you for joining and keeping us updated. It's greatly appreciated by the family here.

Kevan said:

UPDATE
I'm back from visiting with Phil at the hospital. I think things went very well.

I arrived a little after 8PM as the nurses were doing their 'check-up' on Phil. It was kind of good timing, because I could see/hear what was going on. Of course, when they start with their lingo...."medial distal" and all that, I'm totally lost.

There were good, solid reactions in his feet when they checked them. He's in "booties" so his feet won't droop down as he's in the bed. There are also mini-g-force suits on his legs, to keep the blood flowing to the right areas. And, he's still got those sweet hospital PJ's on. :D High fashion, baby!

The abrasions on his forehead are starting to heal nicely. He might have a few scars to show off later (chicks dig scars). As Phil's brother said in the other thread, the pressure monitor has been removed from his head. This is a good thing. For some reason, I thought his head would be shaved, but they only trimmed a small spot for the pressure monitor. There are a few stitches there now.

He's in a bed that keeps him moving. It rolls him left to right, and inflates and deflates. I guess it's to prevent bed sores and blood from pooling in areas. It's a pretty kickass bed. It has more adjustments than the Patriot's defense.

You want machines? They got machines. Not a lot of horsepower, but there's some seriously tech gear there. Phil's numbers didn't change drastically while we were there, but I did notice some breathing and heart fluctuations while Rachel and I were talking with him. Nothing major, but enough for me to sense Phil was having some type of reaction to my voice or presence. For me, a non-medical person, it was encouraging to see the slight changes on the monitor.

The nurse told me, "Just speak to him as if he's a really good listener."

I told him a few of the basics of what went on at the Nats, and the latest from the forum, and that everything was being taken care of so he shouldn't worry at all. Even if I had a laptop (which I don't), I'm not sure they'd allow it in there with all the other machines they have running. It is the ICU after all. I'm going to re-read some of the threads tonight and refresh my memory for tomorrow.

Visiting hours were over, so we told Phil that I'd be back tomorrow afternoon and let him rest. On our way past the desk, I asked the nurse if she could turn on the TV for a little while. She said she'd watch a little with him. That made me feel a little better as we left.

Expect an update tomorrow PM.

Kevan.....man great job....you are our eyes and ears....thanks, Walt

HI Lori and Chip. Welcome to the forum. We all wish we could have met under better circumstances. You are very welcome here. :rock:

We have been praying for Indy and will continue to do. Thanks for joining and updating us. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do to help.

Welcome Loti and Chip, I am glad you made it here, I just wish it was under better conditions. I am praying everything turns out all right for Phil. Kevin thank you for all you are doing, and all the updates.

Bill.

Last edited:
WELCOME ABOARD CHIP AND LORI...
THIS IS MOST DEFINITELY A LOVE TRAIN......
EVER SINCE THE WORD WENT OUT ON PHIL......THE PRAYERS, THOUGHTS, LETTERS, CALLS HAVE BEEN GOING OUT. I HAVE NEVER MET ANY OF THE PEOPLE HERE, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH LOVE AND COMPASSION AS THESE PEOPLE HAVE. AS YOU SEE BY MY NAME...I AM SMOKE'S,, AKA FLYING LOW'S MOM. WHEN SCOTT WAS IN HIS DEEPEST DEPRESSION AND FEELING HOPELESS THESE PEOPLE CAME AND GAVE HIM EVERYTHING FROM MONEY, PHONE CALLS, CARDS, LETTERS, VISITS. I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGET THAT IN ONE OF MY POST PHIL NOTICED I HAD MENTIONED ONE OF THE CHILDREN WAS ABOUT TO HAVE A BIRTHDAY SHE WOULD BE 7....HE POSTED COULD HE BUY HER A PRESENT....WHAT AN OFFER. PHIL IS NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE NEEDING/GIVING COIN....HE HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO ALL AND NOW HE IS NEEDING US.....THE POWER OF THIS GROUP IS AMAZING......I AM SURE HE WON'T BE ABLE TO STAND IT AND WILL SOON WAKE UP AND WANT HIS LAPTOP TO CATCH UP ON HIS POSTING....WE ALL WAIT AND PRAY FOR THAT DAY.....I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO OFFER HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN......KNOW THAT PHIL IS LOVED, & MISSED, NOT ONLY BY HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY THERE.....BUT BY HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY HERE.

LOVE
MOM:love:

:love: KEVAN
YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB ON THE REPORTING, WE ALL REALLY APPRECIATE IT

MOM

Chip and Lori, many people all over the world are praying for you brother Phil. Most of us have never met him. But I would say just about all of us have shed tears about this event. I hope our collective concern (being that we are just a bunch of horsepower jockeys/with hearts though) helps you all feel a little better. Thanks for joining our group. Its nice to talk with somebody whom really knows Indycooter!

patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back