IndyCoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will send a card to Grant and if he doesn't get it, maybe there is another Phil Smith that would enjoy it ??:dontknow: :D :rock:

Hang in there Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :star: :D

Update on Phil

Hey All,
Sorry Chip and I haven't been posting updates lately. You know how it is, busy busy busy. But, great news on Phil, although he is NOT back in Indy yet, they have taken his trac out and he is talking again. He is still in intensive care at Grant, but doing greattttttttt. He is still a little loopy with his memory, but he remembers ALOT, but still gets mixed up with certain things. Chip talked to him on the phone last night for about 15 mins and he knew his bro right away. We are awaiting a free bed at one of two rehab hospitals here in Indy before he can come home. So, still not sure when he'll be returning to Indy. Not much else to report, but he is doing really well and recovering nicely. Thanks for asking about him and caring. Lori

Lori,
Thank you so much for the update. So very happy to hear that he is talking and improving daily. I hope you get an open bed soon so you can get Phil back home again. This is such great news. Thank you again for keeping us informed. Pass along our wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Stretch

Wow! Okay....I thought for sure he'd be back home by now. Nonetheless, the removal of the trach tube is welcome news!

I'll stop by this week and check in on Phil. I'm sure he'll still be asking, "Who the F-k are you?" :D

Kevan said:
Wow! Okay....I thought for sure he'd be back home by now. Nonetheless, the removal of the trach tube is welcome news!

I'll stop by this week and check in on Phil. I'm sure he'll still be asking, "Who the F-k are you?" :D
I know we still do all the time....;)

Great news and very welcomed to say the least....Come on Indy :2in1:

scubachip said:
Hey All,
Sorry Chip and I haven't been posting updates lately. You know how it is, busy busy busy. But, great news on Phil, although he is NOT back in Indy yet, they have taken his trac out and he is talking again. He is still in intensive care at Grant, but doing greattttttttt. He is still a little loopy with his memory, but he remembers ALOT, but still gets mixed up with certain things. Chip talked to him on the phone last night for about 15 mins and he knew his bro right away. We are awaiting a free bed at one of two rehab hospitals here in Indy before he can come home. So, still not sure when he'll be returning to Indy. Not much else to report, but he is doing really well and recovering nicely. Thanks for asking about him and caring. Lori

Thank you for the update....no trach is great, and memory,and speech improvement are great improvements.....
Great to hear he is doing so well.

This is great news. I'm very glad he is doing so much better.

Bill.

Thanks for the update!! -

Get Well Phil!!!!!! - hurry home:D

I'm headed down to Grant tomorrow PM to check in on Phil.
I'll post an update as soon as I get back.

Hang in there Phil....

We're ALL still here prayin for your full recovery and return to this nut house. God Bless

Jeff

UPDATE!!!!

I just got back from TALKING AND WALKING with Phil!!!!
No kidding!

He was actually showering when I arrived this morning. By himself, you pervs. (LOL) He's doing MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.

The trachea tube is out! No more wires on him either! Docs come in and do normal checkups and he's been doing some physical therapy as well for the right arm.

Speaking of which, he shook my hand today! Not a WWF-type grip, but still stronger than Richard Simmons. The whole right arm is improving each day.

He's walking around with no problem, getting in and out of bed, writing(!), pouring water into his glass. I'd say he's almost back to completely normal.

The last stumbling block is going to be his memory. I'm sure with any type of head injury, there's going to be some kind of memory workout necessary to bring everything back. Phil's not "confused", but sometimes needs help remembering things. Like today, he was showing me pictures of his pet birds and couldn't remember their names. He said, "Help me out...the names are on the back." I spoke the first couple of letters, and he immediately said, "Dusty!" He just needs a little reminder or some help with the start, then his memory kicks in. I'm sure over time this will improve.

The details of the accident are still fuzzy for him, so I did my best to fill him in. When I was talking to him about stuff we did pre-accident, he would say, "Oh yeah.....I remember Dave did that...okay..", and the memory would come back a little.

The toughest stuff is over with. Now comes the long road of memory recall.

Phil's leaving Grant on Saturday morning. I'm going to head down and see him off (and nab some pics). He'll be going to his home! The doctors said he didn't need to go to another rehab facility and could just go home. After seeing his status today, I would agree with that decision. :)

P.S.- As Phil was showing me pics, he IMMEDIATELY remembered his 300C and SRT-10. No help needed. :D

Kevan said:
UPDATE!!!!

I just got back from TALKING AND WALKING with Phil!!!!
No kidding!

He was actually showering when I arrived this morning. By himself, you pervs. (LOL) He's doing MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.

The trachea tube is out! No more wires on him either! Docs come in and do normal checkups and he's been doing some physical therapy as well for the right arm.

Speaking of which, he shook my hand today! Not a WWF-type grip, but still stronger than Richard Simmons. The whole right arm is improving each day.

He's walking around with no problem, getting in and out of bed, writing(!), pouring water into his glass. I'd say he's almost back to completely normal.

The last stumbling block is going to be his memory. I'm sure with any type of head injury, there's going to be some kind of memory workout necessary to bring everything back. Phil's not "confused", but sometimes needs help remembering things. Like today, he was showing me pictures of his pet birds and couldn't remember their names. He said, "Help me out...the names are on the back." I spoke the first couple of letters, and he immediately said, "Dusty!" He just needs a little reminder or some help with the start, then his memory kicks in. I'm sure over time this will improve.

The details of the accident are still fuzzy for him, so I did my best to fill him in. When I was talking to him about stuff we did pre-accident, he would say, "Oh yeah.....I remember Dave did that...okay..", and the memory would come back a little.

The toughest stuff is over with. Now comes the long road of memory recall.

Phil's leaving Grant on Saturday morning. I'm going to head down and see him off (and nab some pics). He'll be going to his home! The doctors said he didn't need to go to another rehab facility and could just go home. After seeing his status today, I would agree with that decision. :)

P.S.- As Phil was showing me pics, he IMMEDIATELY remembered his 300C and SRT-10. No help needed. :D
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: Tell that Bastard to post up then :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: AWESOME NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Kevan said:
[P.S.- As Phil was showing me pics, he IMMEDIATELY remembered his 300C and SRT-10. No help needed. :D

That's because it is in his DNA.

Great news to hear Kevin. Do you know if there is anything he needs at his house like cards, flowers or strippers?

Mikey- I'll make sure he's got the site address before he goes home. He sort of remembers it, but again...needed a little hint. I'm sure he'll be back here soon.

Smoke- Strippers are ALWAYS good, unless there's a 12 yr. old boy at the house as well. :) Phil's son, Cameron, lives with him, so you'd have to be discrete about the "personal enteratinment" stuff. LOL
I'm not sure of any 'needs', but I'll get a shipping address and a list from Phil's mom on Sat. AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back