IndyCoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSickness said:
Anymore word Kevan ?
Sorry man. There are a couple of different threads going on. I forgot to paste it here as well.

UPDATE!

I spent some time with Phil this afternoon. He's looking much better. The abrasions on the side of his face are now gone (only a little redness remains). The tubes have been removed from his mouth, which helps him look better as well.
He's still on a machine to help him breathe. Hopefully that will get removed soon.
I'm pretty sure he can hear me. His blood pressure fluctuated as I told different stories. Nothing major, but there were slight changes. He definitely likes hearing about the goings-on here on the forum.

-I told him about the pic of Boomer and Doneo under Doneo's truck, and how Bone took it as a photo op for a BlueBoy centerfold shot and posed "mounted" behind Boomer.
-I told him about Stinker's attempt to videotape any female chest or buttock area all weekend long.
-I told him about all the burnouts on Brice Rd. and in Heath. In detail.
-I said that Boomer had consented to a BBQ at his shop and that we hoped Phil could make the trip.
-I talked about how this thread has only been up for 2 days and it's already at 8 pages; post after post of people praying for him and wishing him well.

The nurses were cool and let me stay a little after 5PM, but I didn't want to press my luck (again). I told him that I'd be back either tomorrow or on Saturday, and that his mom would be there either tonight or on Friday. I went down the elevator, popped outside, and dialed Mrs. Smith. She said she was about 30 min. away from Columbus! Bonus night for Phil! I explained that I'd try to meet with her and the family on Friday or Saturday.

I'm hoping that they're pleasantly surprised to see Phil without all the abrasions on his face, the tubes out of his mouth, and that he's got the brain pressure monitor out. I think it's small stuff like that that will give folks hope and keep them going. As I said to Mrs. Smith, ANYTHING the family needs, ANYTIME, they can just call and consider it done.

I'll try and score Rachel's work laptop this weekend and cruise in there. Reading direct, with everyone's accent (LOL), should make for some good giggles. If I can organize it in time, I might set up a VTCOA chat for Sat. or Sunday when I'm at the hospital.

More updates over the weekend!

Kevan said:
Sorry man. There are a couple of different threads going on. I forgot to paste it here as well.

UPDATE!

I spent some time with Phil this afternoon. He's looking much better. The abrasions on the side of his face are now gone (only a little redness remains). The tubes have been removed from his mouth, which helps him look better as well.
He's still on a machine to help him breathe. Hopefully that will get removed soon.
I'm pretty sure he can hear me. His blood pressure fluctuated as I told different stories. Nothing major, but there were slight changes. He definitely likes hearing about the goings-on here on the forum.

-I told him about the pic of Boomer and Doneo under Doneo's truck, and how Bone took it as a photo op for a BlueBoy centerfold shot and posed "mounted" behind Boomer.
-I told him about Stinker's attempt to videotape any female chest or buttock area all weekend long.
-I told him about all the burnouts on Brice Rd. and in Heath. In detail.
-I said that Boomer had consented to a BBQ at his shop and that we hoped Phil could make the trip.
-I talked about how this thread has only been up for 2 days and it's already at 8 pages; post after post of people praying for him and wishing him well.

The nurses were cool and let me stay a little after 5PM, but I didn't want to press my luck (again). I told him that I'd be back either tomorrow or on Saturday, and that his mom would be there either tonight or on Friday. I went down the elevator, popped outside, and dialed Mrs. Smith. She said she was about 30 min. away from Columbus! Bonus night for Phil! I explained that I'd try to meet with her and the family on Friday or Saturday.

I'm hoping that they're pleasantly surprised to see Phil without all the abrasions on his face, the tubes out of his mouth, and that he's got the brain pressure monitor out. I think it's small stuff like that that will give folks hope and keep them going. As I said to Mrs. Smith, ANYTHING the family needs, ANYTIME, they can just call and consider it done.

I'll try and score Rachel's work laptop this weekend and cruise in there. Reading direct, with everyone's accent (LOL), should make for some good giggles. If I can organize it in time, I might set up a VTCOA chat for Sat. or Sunday when I'm at the hospital.

More updates over the weekend!
Sorry just logged in and have not read everything....Thanks Kevan..........Give em a hug for me :D

Thanks for the info Kevan. It's good news like this that helps us to think that he is recovering and will be with us again soon. Keep up the visits and the stories, I know he can hear you and it is making a difference!

Stretch

Guys, I haven't had time to post much over the last few days, but I've been checking on Smoke and Phil's threads every day at a minimum. There's some positive news on both fronts it seems, which is goodness. Both of you and your families are in my thoguhts and prayers everyday.

Kevan,
Thank you for your help keeping us updated.

Lori and Chip,
Welcome to our home, we are all pulling as hard as we can for Phil quick and comlete recovery. As others have said, if you need anything just ask.

good job kevan thanks for all your efforts. tell hime to get well. we miss him

Phil, I had some Birthday cake and ice cream for you today... :D

We had Rocky road ice cream/chocolate cake .... Hope you enjoyed it ;) :)

Chip,

PM sent with my contract info. Here are some of Phil's pics from the Nats. I have just walked into the house and am downloading photos now.

God Bless Phil and Family,

Bone

Attachments

• dcp_3754.jpg
    dcp_3754.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 30
  • dcp_3753.jpg
    dcp_3753.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 32
  • dcp_3779.jpg
    dcp_3779.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 30
  • dcp_3798.jpg
    dcp_3798.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 41
Bone said:
Chip,

PM sent with my contract info. Here are some of Phil's pics from the Nats. I have just walked into the house and am downloading photos now.

God Bless Phil and Family,

Bone

Great pics...Bone....thanks...get well soon Phil

Walt

UPDATE!

I just got back from the hospital a few minutes ago.
Phil is doing a lot better.

They are weaning him off the pain medication. His eyes are opening (about half way), and he's moving his left arm A LOT. He can even give a 'thumbs-up'. He's gripping with it as well.
The right hand/arm is coming back slowly but surely. If the skin is pinched, he jerks the arm/elbow/shoulder.

The ventilator is still attached, but......he's starting to breathe on his own. You can see his "attempts" on the little monitor. This is a VERY good sign. If he can get off the ventilator, that would be a big step.

His head is moving a little bit, enough to detach the little clip-on ear lobe monitor. LOL He's reacting quite well to voices, and especially laughter.

Amazingly, other than the fracture across the front of his skull (from temple to temple), Phil doesn't have any other broken bones. The abrasions on his hands and knuckles are healing quite well.

I got the great pleasure of meeting Mrs. Smith, Chip, Lori, Cameron, and a big group of friends that had driven in from Indy for a visit. Phil has more support than Pam Anderson's bra. It's great to see.
A BUNCH of your cards and flowers have shown up. The family is amazed at the outpouring of well-wishes and prayers. They are quite grateful as well.

To date, there has only been improvement in his condition. We're hoping this continues, so he can eventually be moved from ICU to a 'standard' room, and then eventually transported to a hospital in Indy.

I'm going to stop by tomorrow afternoon and check to see how Phil is progressing.
So far, so good.

Kevan said:
UPDATE!

I just got back from the hospital a few minutes ago.
Phil is doing a lot better.

They are weaning him off the pain medication. His eyes are opening (about half way), and he's moving his left arm A LOT. He can even give a 'thumbs-up'. He's gripping with it as well.
The right hand/arm is coming back slowly but surely. If the skin is pinched, he jerks the arm/elbow/shoulder.

The ventilator is still attached, but......he's starting to breathe on his own. You can see his "attempts" on the little monitor. This is a VERY good sign. If he can get off the ventilator, that would be a big step.

His head is moving a little bit, enough to detach the little clip-on ear lobe monitor. LOL He's reacting quite well to voices, and especially laughter.

Amazingly, other than the fracture across the front of his skull (from temple to temple), Phil doesn't have any other broken bones. The abrasions on his hands and knuckles are healing quite well.

I got the great pleasure of meeting Mrs. Smith, Chip, Lori, Cameron, and a big group of friends that had driven in from Indy for a visit. Phil has more support than Pam Anderson's bra. It's great to see.
A BUNCH of your cards and flowers have shown up. The family is amazed at the outpouring of well-wishes and prayers. They are quite grateful as well.

To date, there has only been improvement in his condition. We're hoping this continues, so he can eventually be moved from ICU to a 'standard' room, and then eventually transported to a hospital in Indy.

I'm going to stop by tomorrow afternoon and check to see how Phil is progressing.
So far, so good.

Great news. Thanks for the update Kevan.:rock:

Here is the Chaplin we met at the Mopar Nats who is local to Columbus and is watching spiritually over Phil. In addition to Kevan, the Father has visited Phil several times.

Steve Dunn
614-208-6408 Cell
614-871-4903 Home
[email protected]

He would love to hear from us and the support we are providing Phil in prayer.

Phils friend Jeremy here. Phil is an old and dear friend and I am very happy to hear he is doing better. Unfortunately I was unable to get back up to Columbus to visit him because of work, but I was there in spirit and thought. Here is the link to the thread on 300cforums...

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/23275-prayer-needed-old-member.html

And here is me and Phil hanging out at my booth at the Mopar Nationals...
dcp3789ad2.jpg

And here the Phil we all know...
dcp3753ke5.jpg

Here he is hanging out with my cousin Tye.
dcp3796jp8.jpg

Get well soon my friend...:angel:

thank GOD! Rachel and i are so glad to hear this. we wil keep praying for Phil to make a total recovery, so i can kick his ass for missing the nats.;)

I'm glad to hear he's improving and hope it continues!

Phil's latest update

Chip and I have just returned from Columbus. Wow, what a long day!!! But, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with you Kevan, thanks for being such a tremendous friend and supporter of Phil.

When we returned to the 8-9 visit tonight, Phil was running a 102.6 fever and they had him all covered up with a cold blanket and he was pretty out of it because of the fever. But, when Chip, Mom, Cameron and I came back into the room, he was trying to awake again and he opened his eyes some. They aren't exactly sure what's causing the fever yet, but the nurse was sure she'd had it under control through the night and hopefully have more news for Mom tomorrow.

We were REALLY excited to see how alert Phil was at 9 am this morning when Chip and I first arrived at the hospital. His heart rate and pulse really elevated when we started talking to him and he realized we were there. As we were with him through the day, we continualy talked to him and he was awake quite a bit, moving his head around to see where the voices were coming from and really doing a good job on the "thumbs up" motion as we talked to him. At one point this afternoon, I sat next to Phil for quite some time just holding his hand while he slipped in and out of sleeping and he had quite a tight grip on my hand and eventually went to sleep and would NOT let go of my hand.

He is progressing slowly, but at least it's all looking forward instead of backwards so far. They have taken him completely off the sedative medication as of early this morning (Saturday) and he is drifting in and out of sleep on his own, but they do give him some pain medication before they bath him, move him or work with him. He is trying to breathe on his own evem with the tracea in his neck. He will be moved to Trauma Intermediate Care hopefully soon which is another step in the right direction, but unsure still about when he'll be transported back to Indy.

Will, keep all informed of new details. And thanks again Kevan for stopping by and visiting.

Chip and Lori

scubachip said:
Chip and I have just returned from Columbus. Wow, what a long day!!! But, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with you Kevan, thanks for being such a tremendous friend and supporter of Phil.

When we returned to the 8-9 visit tonight, Phil was running a 102.6 fever and they had him all covered up with a cold blanket and he was pretty out of it because of the fever. But, when Chip, Mom, Cameron and I came back into the room, he was trying to awake again and he opened his eyes some. They aren't exactly sure what's causing the fever yet, but the nurse was sure she'd had it under control through the night and hopefully have more news for Mom tomorrow.

We were REALLY excited to see how alert Phil was at 9 am this morning when Chip and I first arrived at the hospital. His heart rate and pulse really elevated when we started talking to him and he realized we were there. As we were with him through the day, we continualy talked to him and he was awake quite a bit, moving his head around to see where the voices were coming from and really doing a good job on the "thumbs up" motion as we talked to him. At one point this afternoon, I sat next to Phil for quite some time just holding his hand while he slipped in and out of sleeping and he had quite a tight grip on my hand and eventually went to sleep and would NOT let go of my hand.

He is progressing slowly, but at least it's all looking forward instead of backwards so far. They have taken him completely off the sedative medication as of early this morning (Saturday) and he is drifting in and out of sleep on his own, but they do give him some pain medication before they bath him, move him or work with him. He is trying to breathe on his own evem with the tracea in his neck. He will be moved to Trauma Intermediate Care hopefully soon which is another step in the right direction, but unsure still about when he'll be transported back to Indy.

Will, keep all informed of new details. And thanks again Kevan for stopping by and visiting.

Chip and Lori

Thanks for the update. Other then the fever it sounds like things are getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back