Into the wild blue yonder..........

why would a non-pressurized plane need friggin a/c????

Because it gets hot in that little tin can with wings.

Todays flight got called off. Winds gusting to 37kts :(

Might do a night flight this week and fly into Palm Beach International. :D

I don't need that kind of stress :p

Been there, done that

i was up in 28kt winds the one day. instructor landed it, heard the stall horn a few times.
i have been wanting to go back up, the new instructor never has time. they need another person.

They readjusted Palm Beach International a bit ago. It happens.

Back up again today. Couldn't ask for better weather. Blue sky, cool, very little wind. 3-4 kts.
Unfortunately I got screwed. The plane I reserved came in an hour late and there was someone booked after me. This left we with just under an hour flying time.
Since it has been over a month since I last went up, we just stayed around the field and did some take offs and landings. Did quite well I might add.

If you scheduled 2 hours, I would have taken 2 hours or compromised with the next flier. Aero club needs to police it; not you having to shorten your time. Good on you to fix the situation however. They could have called the next guy/gal and had them come out later.

If you scheduled 2 hours, I would have taken 2 hours or compromised with the next flier. Aero club needs to police it; not you having to shorten your time. Good on you to fix the situation however. They could have called the next guy/gal and had them come out later.

I totally agree, but hey whatever, I got to go up for a bit. Just means I have money left over to do a night flight this week, or go again next weekend.

I totally agree, but hey whatever, I got to go up for a bit. Just means I have money left over to do a night flight this week, or go again next weekend.

my mother, an old time pilot, told me to do a night flight on the 4th of july.
said its cool to see from the air.

I was just thinking that. Going to talk to my pilot neighbor and see if he wants to do it .

Just got back from another great day of flying.
Weather was in the 60's. Light wind (8 knots), Little clouds.
There was a pancake breakfast going on a the airport this morning. Never seen that airports so busy. Alot of cars and alot more planes.
Todays plan was to head to Pompano Beach airport. A little bigger than the one I have been flying out of, but more importantly, has a control tower.
We took off out of Lantana and headed west out towards the practice area. From there a short trip south and made my call to Pompano Tower. A couple minutes later, I was over the landfill (pretty easy to spot a big mound of garbage in south florida). Another call to the tower and approved for landing. Easy enough... Made my approach and landed (and was a perfect landing if I may say so :D ). Pulled off the runway and dialed up the radio for ground control. Made my call. No problem. Ground calls back.. " taxi Mike left on Delta cross 010 to Lima". (or something like that). As you can imagine alot of things are running through my head. Nervous talking to a tower, new airport I have never been, who is around me, dialing up the correct frequencies. Anyway, I call back ground.... "taxi Mike left on Delta, cross 010 (pause....and look at my instructor with the WTF? look, he holds up an "L" with his fingers) to Lima".
Taxi back to the runway, dial tower. I hear him giving other pilots a Left traffic pattern. Ok, cool. Lantana is left traffic so I am use to that. I call the tower. "holding at runway 33, would like to depart and do another full stop taxi back". Tower responds with "cleared to depart 33, right traffic". I call back "cleared on runway 33.. right traffic". Took off, made my turn right, flew out over the beach. Was then cleared in for landing. Made another landing (another great one :D). Then back to Ground, then back to tower, then took off again.
On the way back north, we flew the beach. I had to make another call to Boca Tower (if you read back previously, Boca Tower was not that nice). He clears me through his airspace and warns me of a southbound plane that will be 500ft above me. Also learned a new word. He said "contact when abeam the airport". I looked at my instructor and he explained... Call him back when you see the airport out the left window. I was like.. ah.
Came back into Lantana. At this point, all those planes were leaving from the pancake breakfast, but wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Mainly just had to watch out for the helicopters that were giving rides. Made ANOTHER prefect landing. :rock:

Next I have a couple hours ground school. Going over flight planning, fuel, navigation. Then starting my cross country flights. :rock:

when you start flying farther out, stop by downtown greenville...

you can take alisha and i on a tour:D

we just went week before last...this was her first time in ANY plane!...a little chilly that day...

the guy she works for is has his pilot's license...

Attachments

• flight.JPG
    flight.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
when you start flying farther out, stop by downtown greenville...

you can take alisha and i on a tour:D

we just went week before last...this was her first time in ANY plane!...a little chilly that day...

the guy she works for is has his pilot's license...
What plane was that Dan? 172? 182? I've been thinking real hard about going for my pilots license if I can find an instructor and a trainer plane to rent.

What plane was that Dan? 172? 182? I've been thinking real hard about going for my pilots license if I can find an instructor and a trainer plane to rent.

You should be able to find everything you need at any little local airport. Go for it man... it's too much fun:D

Do it. Just run by a local airport and see what the schools have. You will start out in a 152 or a 172. Anything more is just spending more money.

Do it. Just run by a local airport and see what the schools have. You will start out in a 152 or a 172. Anything more is just spending more money.
It's going to have to be 172 sized. I don't fit in a 152. Last time I went up in a 152 I had to fold the seat back flat and lean against the "B" pillar. My legs get in the way of the yoke.

I may swing by the airport tomorrow. It's only 5 minutes away. Really convenient if they can assist me.

Pipe dream but I'd love to have one of these someday. Cirrus Vision
imagesqtbnANd9GcQNr-664ZWBZBRg1nv6V.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back