Into the wild blue yonder..........

It's going to have to be 172 sized. I don't fit in a 152. Last time I went up in a 152 I had to fold the seat back flat and lean against the "B" pillar. My legs get in the way of the yoke.

I may swing by the airport tomorrow. It's only 5 minutes away. Really convenient if they can assist me.

Pipe dream but I'd love to have one of these someday. Cirrus Vision
imagesqtbnANd9GcQNr-664ZWBZBRg1nv6V.jpg

you would love to have a 1.4million dollar jet?
lol.
152 is too small for anyone over about 5'8" and 150lbs.

172 is a great start. most airport schools dont go over that.
i hear the 182 has a nicer ride. one other thing you can do is buy a plane and have someone train you in it.
the 182 is the best plane to own, i would guess. range, cargo cap, maintenance.

you would love to have a 1.4million dollar jet?
I said it was a pipe dream. But yes, if I could afford it.....I'd own one. They are a couple years out from being produced. Still very new to market.

You may have said this already but I didn't read through the whole thread?

I got some flying lessons also. I had about 8 hrs and I quit because my instructor was a dick. I got a call a few weeks later asking me to come back as they got rid of that instructor, but I haven't been back. I will someday. I would love to be in your shoes right now Wes!! :D

Just stopped by my local municipal (county) airport. They do have an instructor but don't have any rental aircraft. I guess I could run around flapping my arms like a chicken and make motor noises. Oh wells.

Just stopped by my local municipal (county) airport. They do have an instructor but don't have any rental aircraft. I guess I could run around flapping my arms like a chicken and make motor noises. Oh wells.

That's crazy. I got mine at a little country airport... Andrews/Murphy NC, and they had a few rentals. I figured they all did. Check a different airport I guess:dontknow:

That's crazy. I got mine at a little country airport... Andrews/Murphy NC, and they had a few rentals. I figured they all did. Check a different airport I guess:dontknow:
The next closest one is 45 minutes away over in Burlington. Not nearly as convenient but still considering going for it.

The next closest one is 45 minutes away over in Burlington. Not nearly as convenient but still considering going for it.

Ya, I lived way out in the sticks out in western NC. It was a good 45 min for me too. Drove out there almost every morning for 5 weeks. It's worth it for sure man.

An instructor with no plane?.............. next

An instructor with no plane?.............. next
He's really an IFR instructor. I guess the thought process is you have your own plane and are VFR and want to move onto your IFR. This is where he steps in.

He's really an IFR instructor. I guess the thought process is you have your own plane and are VFR and want to move onto your IFR. This is where he steps in.

There are plenty of VFR people going into IFR that don't and will not own a plane. I know I won't.

There are plenty of VFR people going into IFR that don't and will not own a plane. I know I won't.
When I win the lottery....It will be one of my first purchases. Maybe a 182 Turbo RG with a full glass panel.......to start off with.:D

Although my wife is partial to the Cirrus with the full aircraft parachute system.

No flying today. Ground school preping for my cross countries. Learning about flight planning, fuel burn, navigating. I have about an hour more of ground school that I am going to try to get in this week so that I can start my cross country flights next Sunday.
I have 3 of them to do, then my solo cross country.

1st LNA (Lantana) to OBE (Okeechobee) to SUA (Stuart) to LNA (Lantana)

2nd LNA (Lantana) to PGB (Charlotte Co) to FMY (Page in Ft Myers) to LNA (Lantana)

3rd Night Flight LNA (Lantana) to FPR (Fort Pierce) to LNA (Lantana)

Then check ride to make sure I know whats going on.

Once that is done, build some hours (cross country solo and some just flying around)

Then study and FAA tests and check ride.

No flying today. Ground school preping for my cross countries. Learning about flight planning, fuel burn, navigating. I have about an hour more of ground school that I am going to try to get in this week so that I can start my cross country flights next Sunday.
I have 3 of them to do, then my solo cross country.

1st LNA (Lantana) to OBE (Okeechobee) to SUA (Stuart) to LNA (Lantana)

2nd LNA (Lantana) to PGB (Charlotte Co) to FMY (Page in Ft Myers) to LNA (Lantana)

3rd Night Flight LNA (Lantana) to FPR (Fort Pierce) to LNA (Lantana)

Then check ride to make sure I know whats going on.

Once that is done, build some hours (cross country solo and some just flying around)

Then study and FAA tests and check ride.

Enjoy bro:rock:

Thanks, I'm sure I will. At least up until the study for the FAA part. :D

I can't find anyone local to work with. My county airport doesn't have any rental equipment. Strike one....I then thought I'd look into getting a Sport certificate vs. the Private just to get things going. Looked up and found a guy but when I contacted him he says he's no longer doing it. Strike two.......

Thanks, I'm sure I will. At least up until the study for the FAA part. :D

HAHAHA it's pretty easy man. It's all worth it once you can just take off on a nice sunny FL afternoon, and fly wherever you want. My favorite thing to do is take a buddy up, and practice a stall.... then watch him go for the "oh shit" handle:D

I can't find anyone local to work with. My county airport doesn't have any rental equipment. Strike one....I then thought I'd look into getting a Sport certificate vs. the Private just to get things going. Looked up and found a guy but when I contacted him he says he's no longer doing it. Strike two.......

That sucks. I can't believe they don't have anything up there.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back