JMB Single Turbo Kit Pricing and Pics:

Crap, now I need to buy another SRT!! On a positive note, I know the trucks are inexpensive to buy :)

I didnt see it listed but given the option to run 15+ psi of boost whats needed internally to run it other than pistons? Maybe you could list that also so we can get an idea of an "out the door price" on the 1000+ hp package.

Great to see you and Joe getting into the turbo business, I think you'll hit a homerun with this!!!

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
Very nice setup Justin. Would or could you use the Mofo headers with your setup? Also what kind of engine upgrade do you recommend to fully unleash the turbo? What is the max boost this monster can dish out? You talk about upgraded turbos as well. What are the specs for the upgraded turbo? Also do you plan on making a dual setup in the future?

Brad

You don't use headers with this setup. It's a custom exhaust system built to feed the single turbo from both exhaust banks using custom manifolds.

ok, you can shoot me.. ( :p over the pond ) but is this not a expensive alternative in comparison with the ROE SC ? ok, if you want to rebuild your engine.... but isn't that with all blowers/turbo's... ? :confused: :dontknow:

Isn't a stock engine gonne take abuse as far as " safe drivable" from any SC or turbo ? :dontknow:

Justin i would be happy to buy one, but im a do it yourselfer if your willing to sell one after its tested and your happy. please shoot me a price thanks

SrtBrad said:
Very nice setup Justin. Would or could you use the Mofo headers with your setup? Also what kind of engine upgrade do you recommend to fully unleash the turbo? What is the max boost this monster can dish out? You talk about upgraded turbos as well. What are the specs for the upgraded turbo? Also do you plan on making a dual setup in the future?

Brad

Great question Brad, for some of us that already have headers and other upgrades. What can we do? besides start all over? i have long tube headers on mine, can we use those???:dontknow:

belgiumbarry said:
ok, you can shoot me.. ( :p over the pond ) but is this not a expensive alternative in comparison with the ROE SC ? ok, if you want to rebuild your engine.... but isn't that with all blowers/turbo's... ? :confused: :dontknow:

Isn't a stock engine gonne take abuse as far as " safe drivable" from any SC or turbo ? :dontknow:

Barry you are correct, you do need a fully forged engine to run big boost, not just rods and pistons, eventually things can come apart without billet mains an such.

That would run you around 14k

Justin did a helluva job:rock: a touch big on the turbo in my opinion:p a 76mm or a tad smaller would give the same results and be tons more responsive.

Justins kit would be awesome on a stock motor, but remember guys you can only safely make 700 or so on the stock internals before something eventually gives way.

Stinker said:
Barry you are correct, you do need a fully forged engine to run big boost, not just rods and pistons, eventually things can come apart without billet mains an such.

Justin did a helluva job:rock: a touch big on the turbo in my opinion:p a 76mm or a tad smaller would give the same results and be tons more responsive.

Justins kit would be awesome on a stock motor, but remember guys you can only safely make 700 or so on the stock internals before something eventually gives way.

yes, that's what i wanted to say... take a Roe at 5.6 lbs... anything upp the boost ladder will need internal forgins... sure for drivable miles smile ! :D :confused: :dontknow: :elefant: :elefant:

I think that it really comes down to what Stinker said: When you begin to move beyond 700 hp, your likelihood of engine failure begins to increase rapidly if you have not taken precautions...forged pistons & forged rods are the starting point and the list of required improvements gets bigger as the hp begins to approach 1000 hp and after 12 or 13 hundred...buy a direct line to FstJack on the left coast and Underground Racing on the right coast.

You can run the same boost from a blower as the turbo but the turbo will make more power at the same levels.

A friend of mine has a Viper that was running a Roe 10# system on it. He recently finished a DIY system from SVS...I think its a twin turbo system. Anyway, at the same boost levels he's now making about 20 percent MORE power then compared to the Roe system with water/meth.

The only problem we still have no matter what system we use is a lack of traction and/or tire/wheel options. Once that is solved the skies the limit.

Also, did Justin or Joe develop some type of system that will limit the boost in the first and second gears then ramp it up so you can at least launch the truck without blowing the tires at the line...something similar to what the big horsepower Vipers are doing?

Last edited:
Dave T(BADVENM) said:
You can run the same boost from a blower as the turbo but the turbo will make more power at the same levels.

A friend of mine has a Viper that was running a Roe 10# system on it. He recently finished a DIY system from SVS...I think its a twin turbo system. Anyway, at the same boost levels he's now making about 20 percent MORE power then compared to the Roe system with water/meth.

The only problem we still have no matter what system we use is a lack of traction and/or tire/wheel options. Once that is solved the skies the limit.

Also, did Justin or Joe develop some type of system that will limit the boost in the first and second gears then ramp it up so you can at least launch the truck without blowing the tires at the line...something similar to what the big horsepower Vipers are doing?

yes, as in karting, you have to squeeze the inlet with your hand in 1 and 2 gear.... :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

To make 1000+ all day will take more than the rods/pistons that Dom has and thats why we quit while we were ahead. Billet mains, studs, MLS gaskets, etc. etc. are required for longevity.

The boost controller on this truck allows you to go from 3-4 psi to the sky and do it by gear or time (or a million other options). There are other more affordable ones on the market that hook into your speed sensor and allow you to do the same by speed. So you could make 550 in first, 650 in second, 800 in third and 1K + in 4th for example.

This setup (or pretty much any turbo setup for that matter) will not be able to retain any aftermarket parts like CAI's, headers, mids, PCM flashes, etc. Only a VEC or AEM could be reused.

The turbo on this truck is definitely not too big, its too small if anything, floor it at 2K in 4th and by 2500 your making 7+ psi, thats definitely not laggy. By comparison a twin turbo viper dynoed a week ago on the same dyno with twin 67's and wsa 800+ RPM behind in the power band. On the street full spool is approx. 3500 RPM if not less, thats SICK midrange and it never stops pulling. It literally drives like an OEM application, seriously 3.5 second dyno pulls from 50-130MPH is not even close to being laggy. Turbo options are available from 80MM (1K WHP max) to 106MM (1600+WHP), and price is very near the same for all of them.

Again the only thing holding this back from making 1500+ is the turbo size and motor capability. I can promise you that even 1K is unusable on the street, 505'sfastest is pretty nuts and he even said that he would never put race gas in it for the street, it would be a waste. Hes still trying to hook up 4th on pump gas.

Justin

Stinker said:

I rode in and drove the beast last night it is not lacking in responsiveness one bit.

newmexicoviper said:
I rode in and drove the beast last night it is not lacking in responsiveness one bit.
I'm jealous of you now:p

With the ROE power will kick in right off idle, max boost at 1500 rpm's.

newmexicoviper said:

Its sick, even on moderate pump gas settings it comes on so fast and hard!
Justin

505'sFastestViper. said:
but have you seen a roe make the kind of power mine does?:) :burnout:
um...no

When the heck are you going to take me for a spin?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back