JTS venom hood

nice looking hood looks much more snake like and im sure you get a lot better ventilation under that hood

You want PICS ? no joke.

It's hard to believe tony would even ship something like this, but after my 5 month wait, being told lie after lie about shipping. I am done with buying anything from him again.

My hood looks like straight S H I T.

the scoop is cracked and chipped broken, both sides.

Wow....sorry man! I have heard nothing but good things about em. Other than it takes a loing time to get, havent heard anything bad about quality. Paying that kind of money, it should be damn near perfect.

last i heard Tony just arranged for the shipping. Ive heard him tell everyone time and again to inspect if when you get it to make sure it wasnt damaged in transit. LTL trucking companies are rough on stuff. especially big boxes, they will stack anything on it. i shipped a alternator to someone one time and it looked like it was used as a football when it arrived. i picked up several for him when they were being made in California and brought them to this end of the country. those hoods were no where near as nice quality wise as the ones hes having made now.

RANDUDE, did the shipping comp. do the damage to the hood in shipping? Did you checked it in fount of the shipper? Just a question man. I'm 100% not starting **** with you man. Just don't see a hood being shipped damaged.

I actually used the box and all the packing material inside of it from the Venom hood to store my stock hood.

na midnight the box was fine, it's nothing that can be done from shipping. it is what it is, I expect some bodywork on it, but not what I got.

I would not sit here and smash on tony, I have bought alot of products from him. I believe that maybe cause he was having a problem with his old mold, that the new mold maybe was not perfect. if so then thats fine. but where the scoop is, both corners are chipped , cracked and jagged far from being nice looking.

My bodyshop will make itright, and i'm not all hell bent at tony, but A little better customer service could have been better with this whole deal.

RAMDUDE, any resolution with Tony or explanation on your hood?

I have never called him.

I took a bunch of pictures of the hood.

As someone said before, tony might just place orders and have them drop shipped from a company. might be that, but in the end it falls on tony cause I didn't order it from xyz I bought it threw jtsvp.

So u go straight to the forums before even trying to get resolution with tony on the matter. Nice...

I have the first JTS Venom hood ever produced, I was the test dummie. The hood has been on my truck for 3 years and 2 days now.

Believe me, getting that first hood installed was a royal pain in the ass. Actually it's the second hood, the first one was a real POS and I and Tony went after the guy building them and Tony made it right.

I have nothing but praise for Tony and the yway everything was handled. I even went directly to the builder to inspect and pick up the hood on my truck right now. Everyone who see's my hood compliments it. I've had no issues with it from day one and I thank Tony for making the effort to produce these hoods.

I do believe instead of jumping on a forum to complain, you should call Tony and you'll find he'll take care of any issue you have with it. Just saying

I recieved a hood from JTSVP not even a month ago, and it looks great! This is also my second venom hood.

Attachments

• IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMAG0544.jpg
    IMAG0544.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0530.jpg
    IMAG0530.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 2,492
I also had issues with my hood. chipped corners, several low spots in the center, and it looked like someone had taken a flat screwdriver and gouged the hell out of the center. Tony just said that "all of the hoods require some boby work".

I easily spent more than I paid for the hood having the issues fixed (not including paint) and there is still a slight low spot in the hood.

I think that if his name is tied to these hoods he should be the one doing the final inspection and shipping them out. That way the guy making them cant pass off junk and expect tony to clean up.

I also had issues with my hood. chipped corners, several low spots in the center, and it looked like someone had taken a flat screwdriver and gouged the hell out of the center. Tony just said that "all of the hoods require some boby work".

I easily spent more than I paid for the hood having the issues fixed (not including paint) and there is still a slight low spot in the hood.

I think that if his name is tied to these hoods he should be the one doing the final inspection and shipping them out. That way the guy making them cant pass off junk and expect tony to clean up.

Yup, I have one too and it's about the same as has been described. Now I do love the hood and how it's different from factory, but quality is very subpar.Pretty much like the ricer body kits that are sold. Very low quality. That being said, Tony DID NOT MAKE THEM! He found someone that makes hoods and had them do a mold and produce these. Yes Tony is responsible for making sure his customers get a quality piece and are happy with their purchase, but in the end he didn't make them, or probably even see them before hitting the customer. Most companies nowadays drop ship to the customer before even hitting the VENDOR. It saves shipping, overhead, and cuts the risk of shipping damage in half. Far from a Nutswinger of Tony's but if these hoods weren't made we all would still have the same looking hoods from factory. Being a painter myself though, they are terrrible as far as quality goes.:dontknow:

i drove to NC and picked up my hood from tony's - i had no problems, i fitted the hood on the truck and took it to my painter, he had no problems with the hood very minor body work and prep work.

i would buy another hood from JTSVP in a heart beat

i cant speak for everyone only form my own experience

thanks

Chris

the only jtsvp hood in Taiwan

I'm going to.pick up the truck at port tomorrow. It came with the hood, unpainted. I will take some pics when I see it. I hope there will be no chipped or cracking..

im looking into buying one of those hoods in the next couple weeks and seeing how it looks on yours made my decision that much easier... looks awesome

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back