Keep us in your Prayers....we might see some of you soon :D !!

SCHOOLED! :D

Thanks for the info. Now I know.
(And for the record, I'm a HUGE Don Felder fan.)

They are less than 200 miles away from home now and Jack is trying to keep patrick from hitting deer at 100mph, they should be home by 11pm their time, just got off the phone with them a little while ago:D

Kevan said:
SCHOOLED! :D

Thanks for the info. Now I know.
(And for the record, I'm a HUGE Don Felder fan.)

Hey Kev,

I love Don Felder too....He's a great songwriter (wrote all of the "Hotel Calif" album) and a true workingman's guitar player..... great phrase builder on his lead solos... the kinda guy anyone would give his right nut for in a band.....

I was so pissed when Don H. and Glenn canned him.....

I've known Glenn since '68-69 when he and our old bud J.D.(Dracula) Souther were doing a duo called Longbranch Pennywhistle on the LA music scene.... Glenn tells me to stfu every time I mention it.... lol...

If I ever run into him again, I may have to slap the piss out of him for canning Felder.... His riffs are the textbook shit.....

Later

LOL. Cool! My friend Jim Mason once called Don Felder a "fretboard surgeon". I'm a Glenn fan too. I still remember him on Miami Vice way back when. :D
We'll have to do a 'Guitarists Only' thread later this week. LOL

Speaking of Hotel California, are they back yet?

Stinker said:
They are less than 200 miles away from home now and Jack is trying to keep patrick from hitting deer at 100mph, they should be home by 11pm their time, just got off the phone with them a little while ago:D

i haven't talked to patrick since about 2 pm, but it's almost midnight and he's still not here :dontknow: i guess they should be pulling in any minute :confused:

Maybe they need to cool off after Reentry into the Atmosphere :D Jack prolly forgot his glasses somewhere in the Menagerie of electrical devices....You know they carried enough stuff with them to divert planes from the USA to Nova Scotia :confused: WTF...:idea: My Lord..............:2in1: I know after one weekend of leaky Old guy Depends....I would set the land speed record to get him home and hose off :burnout: I wonder how many Fart stories they will have :dontknow:

Hello Guys,

Well...wow what a trip. It was long and ...um..whats the word....long!!

First, Thanks for meeting up with us for breakfast kevan it was a blast :rock: P. S - next time, Ill eat your french fries for you LOL:dontknow:

Jack and I arrived around midnight on Saturday (Saturday night). We left at 900am on Friday from Ohio, and arrived in San Diego 1200 Saturday night. Jack averaged about 85-100mph, and I averaged about 105-142 :dontknow: :p 2200 miles in 1.5 days, that has to be a SRT road trip record somewhere :confused: Averaging 14.5mpg isn't too bad at the rate we were traveling....

We were on a Steak diet and had steak in every state and basically every meal. Everything truly is big in Texas....wait a min, Missouri too :dontknow: . We had 3 GPS units, 1 laptop, 2 video cameras, 2 digital cameras, 2 V1 detectors, and anything else we could find laying around :p ;)

I got about 45 min of worthless traveling video which I will compile to a few minutes so I can bore you guys with :rock: :idea: including a few roll-ons

Our cooler consisted of 1 case of red-bull (20 count), 1 case of water, 2 bags of ice, 6 cartons of beef jerky, and 1 bag of trail mix. :idea:

All in all, it was a good trip, we didn't get any tickets, no accidents (barely LOL), and Jack and I really worked well on driving cross country.

Thanks Jack!!

Patrick

Glade you had a safe and successful trip

WOW, what a shake down cruise

Wow...Gumball Rally indeed!

Glad to hear you guys got back safely.

Throw up that video! I gotta see this....heh heh....

Glad to see you two had a safe trip home.

"Take two"...and get some shut eye.:D

I love it when a plan comes together.

We made it.

Thanks Patrick for helping me, could not have done it without your help, and support.

Thanks to Patrick's Wife Jenn, and son Noah for letting him go to help me.

Great trip;

Flew all night and got to Columbus at 9:10 AM, got to the dealership and got on the road at Noon Friday.
Met Kevan in Ohio, really very nice guy with a great sense of humour and a nice truck.

Kevan drove to and met us at Carriage Town Dodge.

Thanks Kevin for your help at the dealership and WallyWorld getting stuff for the run to the coast. I really enjoyed putting the person with the name. Thanks for the pics at the dealership and of the Captain Gizmo, electronic tie wrap, temporary install.
I am looking to spending some time with Kevan at next years Nats. Another fine person I met through our fellowship family.

Thanks to all the cops that were somewhere else on our blast to the coast. And two Valentine One radar detectors. We did go a few miles an hour over the speed limit a few times.

The truck is really bitchin and was a two year old truck that was like brand new with 1200 miles on it. There is nothing that does not work very well. It is very smooth at high speeds and everything works as it is supposed to.
It looks like a biology bug collection project now. Tomorrow it will get cleaned up and made to look sharp and shinny again.

We put 2300 miles on it from Friday at noon untill Saturday at midnight.
Patrick and I split the driving duties, I drove he slept, he drove I slept. Friday at 2:00 AM I was driving and had to get about 2.5 hours of sleep. I was ready to fall asleep at the wheel. Patrick was sleeping while I was driving so I pulled into a truck stop, and laid the seat back and crashed for 2.5 hours. I could just not go any further. We made some goode time and had a lot of road construction all the way from Ohio to Arizona. And some really lame people that would go 62 miles an hour in the fast lane next to a string of cars for what seemed like hours. I call those people doorknobs.

We had a really good trip and today I feel like I was drug through a knott hole backwards.

More on the trip as my recolection returns and becomes clearer.

Attachments

• RAM SRT Pick Up Trip 022.jpg
    RAM SRT Pick Up Trip 022.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back