Lets talk about Tires!

You can search on here and find tons of tire threads and as many options and comments concerning them.

I still have the OEM Pirellis. I use my truck as a DD. I have no issues with the Pirellis, other than their replacement cost...which I need to do, soon. Two of my tires are really close to the wear indicators so replacement is a few months out. I figure I have another 7K to 9K left in them.

Several days ago, I purchased a set of Nitto NT 420S. I've heard good things about these tires and decided to try them out. Other than the Pirellis, I can't comment on another brand as I have yet to use another brand. But, I'll report back on how the Nittos perform.
Let me know how those work out John did you go with the 305/40?

I have the conti's on right now, great tires rain/dry. over 25,xxx on them and still 50% left. But I don't do burn outs and stuff like that tho.

I have new nitto 420s in the room for the truck going on soon, I have heard nothing but good things about them.

The goodyears and pirellis are to much money for them. BFG is another tire I want to try 1 day.

MT SR33X22 on 20" wheels.
I bought them for the pro street look. I am satisfied with them for the cruising and fair weather driving I do. I have several thousand miles on them this last 2 months.

I was considering the BFG G-Force's but I had them on my TL and although they look awesome they were loud as hell. They downright howled. I'm thinking I'll go with the nitto tires.

i've heard several folks say the BFG's are noisey.

the only time i can hear mine is when i'm runnin next to the wall down the highway.

i wonder if they were installed correctly, directional ya know, alignment prob or they got dawg ears???

i've heard several folks say the BFG's are noisey.

the only time i can hear mine is when i'm runnin next to the wall down the highway.

i wonder if they were installed correctly, directional ya know, alignment prob or they got dawg ears???

Yeah I hace excellent hearing so i notice everything :dontknow:

500 miles on my NITTO's so far to early to tell how long they will last. But thet don't seem loud and i like there tread pattern and i thought they were priced right too.

I just put on NEXEN. I found them on sale $150 a tire. Mine is a garage queen so no rain or snow.`My exhaust is so loud I couldn't hear my tires anyway. Took a 600 mile trip and they handled great.

I ran Nitto 420s on my Durango with 22" rims, LOVED 'em, when these SUNNY's (have never heard of them before, but came on the truck, :joyman:) I'll be running them as well.

Running the Pirellis. My stepdad said they leave alot to be desired. But are good all seasons.

I have the BFG's. I went with the BFG's because they have softest compound I could fine. I road race and wanted max traction. Between the blower whine and my exhaust I can't hear my tires. Unless I'm making them scream.:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Let me know how those work out John did you go with the 305/40?

Will do -- It'll probably be in the fall before I get them put on. Some life left in the OE Pirellis. And yes I got the 305/40's. All four shipped to me was $732.00 from Discount Tire. I was going to go Pirelli but the cheapest I found was $254 ea at Tire Rack and they were on back order.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back