LETS TALK ENGINES!

I think you would see the differance on the dyno a motor makes torque and hp is a formula that indicates how fast it makes it, you would be freeing up hp by lowering the rotating weight and then less lag. like going with electric fans or water pump just my thoughts.:dontknow:

On the topic of rotating mass, why do our trucks benefit so much from The stock heavy flywheel ?

Yup, but again, for the record, YOU CAN JUST CHANGE PISTONS AND MAKE SIGNIFICANT HP GAINS. Not from being Forged and lightweight, but from choosing a different piston crown Design that simply increases Compression Ratio!! Been there done it! WITH NO OTHER MODS PERIOD!!! Pop-Up pistons were the shit back in the days. Add a smaller combustion chamber (305 heads) and BAM!! your 350 is walking big blocks.;)

Are you blind or only reading parts of peoples posts?

I thought the lighter flywheels tend to chatter when normal driving? Having greater mass helped to get these beasts launched? You had that beast to the track yet? Friday after Easter is opening day! You should come! I will be there!

I already beatup on rad's truck with. 75 shot. I don't think Taylor will do much better with rad's truck:D:confused:

On the topic of rotating mass, why do our trucks benefit so much from The stock heavy flywheel ?

the steel flywheel (as opposed to aluminum) helps keep the motor in the powerband between shifts that the aluminum does not...

ever had a turbo car that "holds" revs between shifts (to keep boost flowing)...

it's the same principal with the large motors...viper or not...

so if you're road racing, and blipping the throttle between downshifts, or hanging the throttle between upshifts, the motor will "hang" a bit longer between shifts instead of a significant drop in the rpm range...

it's harder, especially in our trucks since there's no good way to heel and toe, or blip the throttle with the ball of your foot because of the pedal placement...

so heavy rotating mass has some merit. depending on your needs

Oooo yes u did . U speing and got me by a 1 truck link ... Let's go hoe they are with out of speing . :) maybe then will be different ehhh .
And Tylor will be driving it only because I'll not be home ...

Well!! everyone seems to be gravitating and arguing about the lighter pistons and rods vs hp and the quarter which is a waste I'm looking for the heaviest rods and pistons avail! lead?!. lol:D truthfully if there are vendors out there that tell you the truth without trying to sell you some bull we should listen! not bitch! there are a mirad of variations for these engines to achieve all sorts of results simply ask Carroll Shelby with his mod for a lamborghini designed aluminum V10 block as a Viper standard.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back