lightning getting spanked on the street by a 10

Stock V's stock no chance. And it doesn't take much just to put your foot on the gas. My 10 year old can do that. lol

To the guys saying all you do is floor it. Wrong, you obviously haven't driven a Lightning on street tires from a dig, instant 450 plus torque will be a spin fest. To those saying it takes more skill for a stick, yes but from what i've seen of ya'll racing at the track you seem to be needing me to give a lesson in gear shifting. For the record, the only time I have driven a srt10 it was at the track and it was sticks truck. He was stuck running the same time and couldn't get any faster, he asked me to drive it and I weigh a good 100lbs more than him at that. I ran a little over a .1 faster than him on my first and only time driving his truck. Auto is a lot easier to race at the track but that's like me bitching about not having a v10 and needing a blower to make up in power... which is stupid as you knew what you bought so don't make it into being something harder to race lol... I'd love to drive some of ya'lls trucks that keep running upper 8's and low 9's and have my girlfriend tearing you up in a basic bolt on lightning with bald street tires.

Stock vs stock the 10 should win, but from a dig at the 1/8th i'd say the lightning has a better chance with average drivers as they both run upper 8's stock. Mine went 8.6 in stock form at 81 mph on run flats.

One thing I don't get caught up with is the "I have the fastest production truck" or "mines better than yours" arguments as we all are enthusiasts and what we bought was for a reason and if you think it's because I couldn't afford a srt10 well then you obviously don't have a clue. I just preferred to have a daily driver in an auto when I bought my lightning, not to mention a few basic bolt on's and it's a reliable 12 sec truck that can tow my boat, car and other toys.

Did I mention I think Dodge dropped the ball by not offering an auto as an option for the RC, you guys would have more than a handful of people running 10 second times for sure.

Black Venom-'04 said:

You posted a motortrend article as the only factual basis of your point? Haha...

From their testings, it looks pretty damn close stock for stock and you better hope you're as good as Evan Smith when launching or you'll be playing catch up real fast from a dig. Not to mention the lightning can stop faster too haha, sporting the super duty brakes... so performance etched right there! :aetsch:

fords will do that to ya LOLOL

and no worries spyder , gonna bring one down for ya, let my ol lady drive it and spank that boat hauler baaaaaaaaaaaaaad:aetsch:

spyder1337 said:
To the guys saying all you do is floor it. Wrong, you obviously haven't driven a Lightning on street tires from a dig, instant 450 plus torque will be a spin fest. To those saying it takes more skill for a stick, yes but from what i've seen of ya'll racing at the track you seem to be needing me to give a lesson in gear shifting. For the record, the only time I have driven a srt10 it was at the track and it was sticks truck. He was stuck running the same time and couldn't get any faster, he asked me to drive it and I weigh a good 100lbs more than him at that. I ran a little over a .1 faster than him on my first and only time driving his truck. Auto is a lot easier to race at the track but that's like me bitching about not having a v10 and needing a blower to make up in power... which is stupid as you knew what you bought so don't make it into being something harder to race lol... I'd love to drive some of ya'lls trucks that keep running upper 8's and low 9's and have my girlfriend tearing you up in a basic bolt on lightning with bald street tires.

Stock vs stock the 10 should win, but from a dig at the 1/8th i'd say the lightning has a better chance with average drivers as they both run upper 8's stock. Mine went 8.6 in stock form at 81 mph on run flats.

One thing I don't get caught up with is the "I have the fastest production truck" or "mines better than yours" arguments as we all are enthusiasts and what we bought was for a reason and if you think it's because I couldn't afford a srt10 well then you obviously don't have a clue. I just preferred to have a daily driver in an auto when I bought my lightning, not to mention a few basic bolt on's and it's a reliable 12 sec truck that can tow my boat, car and other toys.

Did I mention I think Dodge dropped the ball by not offering an auto as an option for the RC, you guys would have more than a handful of people running 10 second times for sure.

You've got my respect bro.... I loved my 10 and would buy another over a Lightning. We both have amazing trucks and are allowed to choose our own vehicles.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
fords will do that to ya LOLOL

and no worries spyder , gonna bring one down for ya, let my ol lady drive it and spank that boat hauler baaaaaaaaaaaaaad:aetsch:

Should I hold my breath now or in a few months?

Jessica is actually looking to get a new car first part of next year and she wants me to make it "fast" for her. So the powderpuff competition might have the stakes raised haha.

spyder1337 said:

you are one of the few Lightning owners i can say - i respect you

spyder1337 said:
Should I hold my breath now or in a few months?

Jessica is actually looking to get a new car first part of next year and she wants me to make it "fast" for her. So the powderpuff competition might have the stakes raised haha.
You keep sending me pics of jessica, I will keep holding my breath LOLOLOLOL

whoofa whoofa:rock: :D

Lightings = fail against my new car
75034_1319438006135_1836330745_610305_6832251_n.jpg

im so glad i have a srt. because if i had a lightning i would have to go on other forums and try and prove its the best to everyone else and myself. but with a ten you can just hang out and know its superior. by the way not having to shift is junior dragster style regardless of tire spin. and yes it is easy to make lightnings fast. but much like a honda with nitrous who gives a sh*t

fastestbrickonearth said:
im so glad i have a srt. because if i had a lightning i would have to go on other forums and try and prove its the best to everyone else and myself. but with a ten you can just hang out and know its superior. by the way not having to shift is junior dragster style regardless of tire spin. and yes it is easy to make lightnings fast. but much like a honda with nitrous who gives a sh*t
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back