lightning getting spanked on the street by a 10

TNVIPER said:
I am surprised our current L infestation hasnt attacked this thread...LOL>.
Actually their kill section is quite pethetic sometimes. freakin mini cooper and a hemi, come on now. And that's just the first page.

But it's some good info there. In EVERY vehicle forum, there's some cocky people wont accept it's all in fun. Depending on the forum, they swing from chevy, dodge or Ford's nuts. I personally just love performance trucks.
spyder1337 said:
To the guys saying all you do is floor it. Wrong, you obviously haven't driven a Lightning on street tires from a dig, instant 450 plus torque will be a spin fest.
I disagree! It's not hard to launch well on the street with an auto. You just hit the gas harder and harder. It's not hard. Even better, bring some VHT and heat up the drag radials. Wait, you dont carry traction aid in back your lightning nor run drag radials? Too bad. Because if a heavy tank on 22's out 60' foots your butt, then shame on YOU. Always bring your "A" game. How many times in a srt10 VS Lightning thread on Lightning forums, there's people ALWAYS say go from a dig because that's where the lightning shines. All the time. Even in other race threads. I think that video is freakin epic. Since a lightning lost from a dig, the world will now end. Damnit.:dontknow:

And who cares what bolt on's do to any truck. It's whoever's pocket is deepest AND who is set up better. It's all in good fun. we each chose whatever we drive for our personal reasons :)

And whoever owns that nice red viper. Very nice but thats out of most L owner's price range. f150 vs a viper, come on now. That's kinda like saying your Lamborghini owns civics. Used lightning from 5-20k. Used viper...WAY more lol.

Last edited:
im so glad i have a srt. because if i had a lightning i would have to go on other forums and try and prove its the best to everyone else and myself. but with a ten you can just hang out and know its superior. by the way not having to shift is junior dragster style regardless of tire spin. and yes it is easy to make lightnings fast. but much like a honda with nitrous who gives a sh*t

I'm not here to try to convert anyone to a Lightning nor preach that I think my truck is better than the next guy. There will always be someone faster, that's a fact of life. Obviously you're proud of your truck and you should be. It's what you chose but if drag racing is your thing then I would say good luck to you as lightnings tend to do well in that department with minimal mods and a competent driver. I don't even really feel like responding to your other banter in your post as it's clearly opinionated and not worth my time as i'm not an internet warrior like yourself, I actually have raced the majority of the members that make this site rather active and attend their meets as most of them like to have some other sort of competition out there. So maybe you can make it to the pcb meet sport and you can show me how superior your truck is vs my lightning in a drag race? That should be fun, i'll hold my breath okay.

I disagree! It's not hard to launch well on the street with an auto. You just hit the gas harder and harder. It's not hard. Even better, bring some VHT and heat up the drag radials. Wait, you dont carry traction aid in back your lightning nor run drag radials? Too bad. Because if a heavy tank on 22's out 60' foots your butt, then shame on YOU. Always bring your "A" game. How many times in a srt10 VS Lightning thread on Lightning forums, there's people ALWAYS say go from a dig because that's where the lightning shines. All the time. Even in other race threads. I think that video is freakin epic. Since a lightning lost from a dig, the world will now end. Damnit.

And who cares what bolt on's do to any truck. It's whoever's pocket is deepest AND who is set up better. It's all in good fun. we each chose whatever we drive for our personal reasons

And whoever owns that nice red viper. Very nice but thats out of most L owner's price range. f150 vs a viper, come on now. That's kinda like saying your Lamborghini owns civics. Used lightning from 5-20k. Used viper...WAY more lol.

Not sure who's saying it's hard to launch an auto? I said it's not just as easy as smashing the gas as it will be a spin fest on street tires which is what the majority of bolt on lightnings are running around on. I wasn't specifically saying anything I own or that I have difficulties launching anything, period. I won't make excuses about losing, it's either you're not fast enough or something didn't go as planned and you ask to run again and if you can't get it done then when everything is how it should be then it's plain and clear it's not you who gets the golden ticket. I'm not here to debate auto vs stick as auto is far superior for drag racing, it's impressive when sticks are capable of running close to autos when the level of speed is beyond 11's and so forth.

I agree with whoever has more money will typically yield the better results but not in every case, money doesn't mean your car will make the perfect shift nor parts won't break when it's stakes on the line in a race, shit happens.

I'm a huge fan of the GEN I GTS, I was very close to buying one before I bought my turbo cobra a few years back. Main reason I didn't buy it is because I didn't want to deal with the extra expenses in making a 10 plus year old car fast with limited parts and not anything within 400 miles that would deal with a viper when it has hiccups or unexpected issues. I think their potential is great, just not the route I wanted to go. Most lightning owners own another car that is their "fast" car and have a truck that can tow and still be fun to mess around with. Atleast at the time I bought mine that was the intended use. I will say that with both our trucks the price has gone down to where teenagers and younger guys are able to buy them for cheap and that always means you'll have those few that don't exactly represent the group as a whole very well. They also tend to hangout with the guys who think their civics are fast, just from what i've seen.

When I do buy another go fast car it will more than likely be a C6 Z06 and i'm sure that car will be less stressful than a few other projects i've had in the past. Then again these early GEN II vipers are getting pretty cheap for us hillbilly lightning owners to buy... haha.

I like the new ride Cody, hope to see you out at the pcb meet doing something other than running 8's!

8's weren't horrible for a exhaust and short throw shifter only truck ;) the viper belongs to a buddy of mine, this is actually his 3rd or 4th one. Gears and a head/cam package and they put down around 550 at the wheels, I'm considering one, think I might wait around for awhile though. It'll definiately be my next car though. I dint think I'll have anything to play with when you guys come down on the 11th, but I'll definitely be there to watch the carnage :)

spyder1337 said:
I'm not here to try to convert anyone to a Lightning nor preach that I think my truck is better than the next guy. There will always be someone faster, that's a fact of life. Obviously you're proud of your truck and you should be. It's what you chose but if drag racing is your thing then I would say good luck to you as lightnings tend to do well in that department with minimal mods and a competent driver. I don't even really feel like responding to your other banter in your post as it's clearly opinionated and not worth my time as i'm not an internet warrior like yourself, I actually have raced the majority of the members that make this site rather active and attend their meets as most of them like to have some other sort of competition out there. So maybe you can make it to the pcb meet sport and you can show me how superior your truck is vs my lightning in a drag race? That should be fun, i'll hold my breath okay.

im not fast yet. so a race would prove nothing. how fast is that lightning by the way? oh and internet warrior? lol ur on a srt10 forum responding to a race video vrs one of ur own hahahahah ur the warrior of the world.

My sig says enough to cover jack for the blue one, thw hite one went an 8.5 right off the street no cool down street tires 35 psi and a 2.1 60ft... it's peppy for stockish.

why dont some of ya'll all show up in panama and just show bobby and the rest of the lightning world jsut how quick the 10 actually is?????????:D
I know I am gonna do my best, and do it naturally aspirated;)

Right now the white lightning ran faster than my blue one did at the track tonight, wasn't a good night. Having to let off half track and running the same times as the white L lol... A lightning that will be at the next pcb meet went deep into the 5's on all four passes, then he drove it home.

well he best have a woman that looks as good as yours or he will see the tailgate of the brutal 10 too buddy LOLOLOL:aetsch: :aetsch:

LOL funny bobby callin all these 10s out, an jsut everybody internet comandoing LOLOL
hell show up an show his ass whats what:rock: :rock: :rock:

spyder1337 said:
My sig says enough to cover jack for the blue one, thw hite one went an 8.5 right off the street no cool down street tires 35 psi and a 2.1 60ft... it's peppy for stockish.
your sig doesnt say enough, be proud of your times dont hide them, i bet my brothers all motor small block dakota r/t would put a hurtin on your supercharged ford. he has taken down many supercharged fords with no power adders. but you hide behnd not telling anyone you best times and run your mouth. and no one cares about your stock white lightning. cause stock srt10 take you down. so unless you post your times in your blue truck dont bother running your mouth:( :shakehands:

Tony its funny seeing all these guys picking on Bobby.............
I've seen him run.........I'm not gonna pick!

fastestbrickonearth said:
your sig doesnt say enough, be proud of your times dont hide them, i bet my brothers all motor small block dakota r/t would put a hurtin on your supercharged ford. he has taken down many supercharged fords with no power adders. but you hide behnd not telling anyone you best times and run your mouth. and no one cares about your stock white lightning. cause stock srt10 take you down. so unless you post your times in your blue truck dont bother running your mouth:( :shakehands:

Bring his ass to the meet and he can see for himself. My times were posted on my old setup, but I don't have times for the newer setup. My white lightning isn't stock and the only trucks that ran faster than in at the pcb meet were all power adder trucks, not to mention the white truck makes 375 hp... it's not fast but it's got enough to cover the basic bolt on truck. Please don't say I hide lol, I do nothing of the sort and for "running my mouth" it's not empty promises mang, what I claim holds some weight. Not sure if you see your fellow brothers than have gone to the meets and raced with me saying that it's legit. I just like racing something other than lightnings and srt10's are the only other truck that's in the lightnings class that puts up a good fight.

Casey02L New PB Twin 67's

This is a local guy who's done all the work himself and has tried many setups with his truck. Very impressive, his trailer had a flat tire last night and he had to drive the truck home lol. Street truck, stock size motor and a combo that WORKS. Yes, this is him raping me the first race in the video... my 8.5 @ 60 mph held no chance haha.

Last edited:
Please tell me what does casey's TT lightning have to do with this thread spyder!

Last edited:
Just felt like posting a guy that's going to be coming to the next pcb meet to play that went out on his new setup and ran... that's all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back