lightning getting spanked on the street by a 10

fastestbrickonearth said:
oh lol you were serios. ever have it to the track?
lol... figured it would come off sarcastic..

I do I was

nothing but snap crackle pops in the garage till I find a tuner that can make her right...everything changed..

one day, I'll get her to the track.. rev it up, pop the clutch... and

bam... goes the shaft.. til then... it's fast... fast fast.. I say! fast:p

Love my trucks... wish I had only watched part four with her... but a little rice with my meat is nice.. :Dfun to drive.

im so glad i have a srt. because if i had a lightning i would have to go on other forums and try and prove its the best to everyone else and myself. but with a ten you can just hang out and know its superior. by the way not having to shift is junior dragster style regardless of tire spin. and yes it is easy to make lightnings fast. but much like a honda with nitrous who gives a sh*t

id have to say that is one of the best rebuttal iv heard in a while ...lmfao :rock:

no its a kenne bell. going liquid cooled this winter try to squeez a little more out of it.

That's damn fast for just blower only. Does he post on any forums by chance?

I can post videos of a 7 sec lightning but that's pointless, I posted a video of a lightning the will be at the next pcb meet, so keep posting the unicorn suv's/trucks off the internet that made a go broke pass for the camera. :dontknow:

Fastest production truck haha... unfortunately the world we live in that means nothing unless you're a magazine racer.

A 7 second lightning haha. You mean a RACE chassis with lightning body lol. That's like saying the cars in NASCAR or whatever they are called.

Im going to shoot a few replies, and I'm new here, so of course take everything with a grain of salt.

I'd also like to state I hold nothing against the 10 itself, but like the lightning it sure has some mouthy owners. :dontknow:

RagunCajun said:
And whoever owns that nice red viper. Very nice but thats out of most L owner's price range. f150 vs a viper, come on now. That's kinda like saying your Lamborghini owns civics. Used lightning from 5-20k. Used viper...WAY more lol.
Now that isnt a fair assumption. I bought the L because i enjoyed it, not because i couldnt afford a viper. My first L was bought new off the lot in 04 for 34k, that is well within the price range for a used viper. The second L was bought because I wanted a toy, that I enjyed the looks of, that I could modify for a reasonable dollar, that would haul my sons dirt bike around, or my Warrior should it need a ride somewhere. If i wanted a viper, I could buy one, and as a young teen I really did want one, and perhaps in the future I may still consider one.

im so glad i have a srt. because if i had a lightning i would have to go on other forums and try and prove its the best to everyone else and myself. but with a ten you can just hang out and know its superior. by the way not having to shift is junior dragster style regardless of tire spin. and yes it is easy to make lightnings fast. but much like a honda with nitrous who gives a sh*t
So, what you are telling me is that you enjoy owning an SRT-10 because you can sit around with other 10 owners and stroke your cocks and tell each other how big you are? Sounds pretty gay. I enjoy having a lightning because at heart im a Ford person, because I like trucks, because I like trucks that don't cost a fortune to modify and because when I bought my first one, I dont even remember ever having heard about the SRT-10, so it wasnt an option to me.

FATJACK said:
No matter what we still have the fastest production truck ever built in the United States.:burnout: :burnout:
Its sad that this is still being held on to. Whats the fastest top speed an SRT-10 has achieved? Anyone running 193+ in the mile with one? :aetsch:
I also like how you guys have shifted from fastest production truck period, to fastest in america, those little aussie trucks are a friggin blast. Last time i was there i tried to test drive one, but the salesman laughed at me.

lol when u live in jersey u get pretty good at shit talking :evil:
Must be a trait they teach you in school instead of spelling and grammar?

yea he posts on delvallo.net not very often tho i think he has like 7 posts lol
This doesnt surprise, that chapter has the largest cluster of the fastest L's around. More than a few in the 9's and a few more that will hit that this spring.

all fun and games aside, the bickering never ceases to amaze me. Its like this on every forum, with every brand, model and type of vehicle. The motorcycle forums have harley v. everything else, the hondas hate on mustang GT, the cobras hate on camaros, the supras hate on everyone...

But at the end of the day, we both have trucks that are more car than truck, trucks that are fast/quick and good looking. We both own these trucks because we are a little off, a little different and probably crazy. Why we can't get along I do not know, we have so much in common. I see three differences between us, the emblem on our truck, you like big engines, we like big power adders... and i forget the third.

spyder1337 said:
Fastest production truck haha... unfortunately the world we live in that means nothing unless you're a magazine racer.
Lol wow I thought you were better than an idiotic comment like that...

stock lightning against a stock ten will loose everytime ,,and you know it :aetsch:

Psycho Mythic said:
Lol wow I thought you were better than an idiotic comment like that...

Claiming the fastest production truck comment and thinking it's relevant is idiotic. Hopefully that's not the reason people bought 10's, as we all know and i've stressed it's what you want not just for bragging rights about what the truck did on a certain day by itself.

spyder1337 said:
Claiming the fastest production truck comment and thinking it's relevant is idiotic. Hopefully that's not the reason people bought 10's, as we all know and i've stressed it's what you want not just for bragging rights about what the truck did on a certain day by itself.

I bought my ten so i could hear dime a dozen lightning owners bad mouth it :mad:

Ironhead said:
I bought my ten so i could hear dime a dozen lightning owners bad mouth it :mad:

Yep. A lot of them love to do that too. They're just playing catch up.

The SRT-10 has awesome styling, great looking seats and interior, dash, etc, and oh yea...it has a VIPER engine!! How could you possibly begin to hate on this truck?

The L looks like it has a dumb awkward smile from the front, has a nasty, crowded engine bay, and a boring interior (the dash especially - it looks cheap). I do give it that the 3/4 view from the front is cool, I like the stepside and side exhaust.

Ironhead said:

You do realize that there are more lightning because they were produced longer, not because they were produced in higher quantity, right? Ok, a little higher quantity, but not much. Most years there were 3500-4000 L's built, and other than the last year of the 10, there were 3100 and 4100 built... pretty close in numbers, but I guess its the lightnings fault that they had no problem selling them while the SRT-10 sat on lots for months on end.

the SRT-10 is a very cool truck, don't get me wrong, but its not so superior to the L that you need to bash them.
I wish i could make 600hp with just some bolt ons and nitrous, but i can't, i lack the cubic inches and the flow from my heads.

I don't know why lightning owners and SRT-10 owners are always bitching at each other but it's getting really old.

Both are awesome trucks in there own way. Personally I think the SRT-10 looks better and has a better interior. But I also like the lightning, and it's much cheaper to mod.

I wont say the SRT-10 looks better, but that is a matter of opinion. I do like your interior better, which is rare for me to say about a dodge. the QC's look better than the RCs in the 10's just because i think the front of the 10 is kind of bulbous and the length of the 4 doors evens that out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back