lightning getting spanked on the street by a 10

dusten said:
I wont say the SRT-10 looks better, but that is a matter of opinion. I do like your interior better, which is rare for me to say about a dodge. the QC's look better than the RCs in the 10's just because i think the front of the 10 is kind of bulbous and the length of the 4 doors evens that out.

isnt there a lightning board you can stroke your ego on err i mean lighting truck on :aetsch:

Ironhead said:
isnt there a lightning board you can stroke your ego on err i mean lighting truck on :aetsch:

Sure, but like i said in my newbie post, I came here to research these trucks, both out of interest and because a good friend of mine is looking to buy an RC.

dusten said:
Sure, but like i said in my newbie post, I came here to research these trucks, both out of interest and because a good friend of mine is looking to buy an RC.

tell him to get a black one ,,,there the coolest;)

dusten said:
I wont say the SRT-10 looks better, but that is a matter of opinion. I do like your interior better, which is rare for me to say about a dodge. the QC's look better than the RCs in the 10's just because i think the front of the 10 is kind of bulbous and the length of the 4 doors evens that out.
Haha the L owner on the SRT-10 Ram site wouldn't say an SRT-10 Ram looks better than his lightning. Oh and bulbous!? Take an 04 F-150, throw on a functional ram air hood, and a lower front spoiler with functional downforce and see how "bulbous" it looks...take your old discontinued F-150 comments elsewhere sir, we roll with V10's round here ;)

Psycho Mythic said:
Haha the L owner on the SRT-10 Ram site wouldn't say an SRT-10 Ram looks better than his lightning. Oh and bulbous!? Take an 04 F-150, throw on a functional ram air hood, and a lower front spoiler with functional downforce and see how "bulbous" it looks...take your old discontinued F-150 comments elsewhere sir, we roll with V10's round here ;)

......:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :burnout:

Psycho Mythic said:

No, i wouldnt say its better looking. But, that is just opinion, i have never liked the looks of a dodge truck.
My truck has the lower valance that L's come with, and a cowl hood, I still think it looks smaller than the SRT-10. And why would you compare the 04 F-150 to the SRT-10? The lightning wasn't based on that body style.
And my old discontinued truck is just like yours... old and discontinued... remember they stopped building yours in 06, that was only 2 years later than they stopped building the lightning.

And Im glad you guys roll V-10's, it makes our trucks different. Isnt that what competition is about, building things that are different.

Wildman

I have several friends here in Tennessee that have L's. None of us are all out racers any more. They have mods as well as I do. We have gotten together a few times to run at the local airport. I have not been beat by any of them yet. I know there are faster L's than my 10 but I have not raced one yet. My best time to date is 12.94 @ 107 street tires.

Wade

dusten said:
No, i wouldnt say its better looking. But, that is just opinion, i have never liked the looks of a dodge truck.
My truck has the lower valance that L's come with, and a cowl hood, I still think it looks smaller than the SRT-10. And why would you compare the 04 F-150 to the SRT-10? The lightning wasn't based on that body style.
And my old discontinued truck is just like yours... old and discontinued... remember they stopped building yours in 06, that was only 2 years later than they stopped building the lightning.

And Im glad you guys roll V-10's, it makes our trucks different. Isnt that what competition is about, building things that are different.
Yeah its all good man. They started your body style truck in 97, the SRT-10 Ram body style was started in 02, we all see how trucks get bigger every year, naturally your truck is gonna be smaller in size due to the never ending manufacture comp of who has the biggest baddest truck. 04 was a split year for you guys, the 04 lightning was the same bodystyle as a 97 F-150, but the 04 F-150 was the complete redesign, id go for a Roush Nitemare over a lightning anyday, much better interior, and a tune will let it go over 105mph :marchmellow:

dusten said:
You do realize that there are more lightning because they were produced longer, not because they were produced in higher quantity, right? Ok, a little higher quantity, but not much. Most years there were 3500-4000 L's built, and other than the last year of the 10, there were 3100 and 4100 built... pretty close in numbers, but I guess its the lightnings fault that they had no problem selling them while the SRT-10 sat on lots for months on end.

the SRT-10 is a very cool truck, don't get me wrong, but its not so superior to the L that you need to bash them.
I wish i could make 600hp with just some bolt ons and nitrous, but i can't, i lack the cubic inches and the flow from my heads.

who cares !!!,.... all this talk is BULL SHIT ! take it to the track ...

put up or STFU

1fast10 said:
I love the way you think chris!

:D

just tired of L owners coming here and talking shit blah blah blah - only one that has any right is BOBBY

dont get me wrong - i think the L owners being here is GREAT but why is it ever time and L beats a 10 the L is all the f*ck over it saying how fast there shit is

but the moment a 10 kicks the shit out of an L its the L didnt know how to drive and how the 10 is slow

take it to the track !!!!!

and the fact of the matter is the DODGE RAM SRT 10 IS THE FAST PRODUCTION TRUCK !!!!!

can't dispute the facts and they are facts !

dont matter about if it by 50 hp or 1000 hp or by 1sec or 10 sec

stock for stock the 10 is faster !

so f'en what you can make an L fast what ever ! if i wanted a 10sec truck for 5k i build my lightning

and to come here and your 1st post be bashing the 10 all i got to say to you sir is F**K Y*U

thank you and have a nice day

Chris

VIPER said:
:D

just tired of L owners coming here and talking shit blah blah blah - only one that has any right is BOBBY

dont get me wrong - i think the L owners being here is GREAT but why is it ever time and L beats a 10 the L is all the f*ck over it saying how fast there shit is

but the moment a 10 kicks the shit out of an L its the L didnt know how to drive and how the 10 is slow

take it to the track !!!!!

and the fact of the matter is the DODGE RAM SRT 10 IS THE FAST PRODUCTION TRUCK !!!!!

can't dispute the facts and they are facts !

dont matter about if it by 50 hp or 1000 hp or by 1sec or 10 sec

stock for stock the 10 is faster !

so f'en what you can make an L fast what ever ! if i wanted a 10sec truck for 5k i build my lightning
and to come here and your 1st post be bashing the 10 all i got to say to you sir is F**K Y*U

thank you and have a nice day

Chris

You guys should listen to this fella, he owns both an SRT-10 Ram & a lightning, dare i ask you which he prefers? :D

VIPER said:
1st - thank you for you service !, i posted the link so my fellow brothers could take you up on your offer

i didnt say you "talkin shit" there been countless Lightnings here doing that lol just in general :)

i agree

i cant tell you - how many times i have said this, you are 100% correct
Well I am glad the air is cleared.
And Truth be told i like your forum if for no other reason it loads really fast on my shitty internet, and the general forum keeps me entertained. :elefant:

As for my offer, I hope i can get something worked out, its always fun to get to the track and race something that is in the same class. Lots of cars will run as fast(or slow depending on how you look at it) as an L or a 10, but to me its just not the same. Last time i went out there was a handful of trucks at the track, but nothing that really matched up. there was 1 v8 powered s10 there, but he was running 13.40's, so i had him by almost a full 5 tenths.
And on top of seeing some trucks that I have to work to keep up(or get my ass shamed) I kind of want to see Ramfromhell go down the track(his power numbers look ludacris...)

attention dustin lightnings lick balls......

lol just playing man three of my best freinds have them from delvallo.net 9's 10's and 11's they all kick my ass. wanted to take a harder path so got a 10. but dont worry my man tony says parts are on the way so L's better watch out down my way soon :burnout:

I must be the only Lightning owner here that doesnt defend Lightnings on a VIPER TRUCK forum. You can search every one of my 197 post to prove that

To my fellow lightning owners on here. Please give up. This is a 10 forum. If you are really here to research and learn like me, then do so. Trying to defend a ford product here will not work. A lot of these guys respect our trucks. However, they bought a 10 because they think it's better. End of story.

Last edited:
RagunCajun said:
I must be the only Lightning owner here that doesnt defend Lightnings on a VIPER TRUCK forum. You can search every one of my 197 post to prove that

To my fellow lightning owners on here. Please give up. This is a 10 forum. If you are really here to research and learn like me, then do so. Trying to defend a ford product here will not work. A lot of these guys respect our trucks. However, they bought a 10 because they think it's better. End of story.

Dang smart guy to be a Ford owner...LOL>.......Like you said a lot here like the Lightning...I came within a hair of buying a 2004 back in 04......3 yrs later I bought a 10 and love it....but like you said it aint too smart to go on a forum dedicated to one vehicle and brag about another type vehicle...kind of stupid...:dontknow:

[/QUOTE]Faster of the 2, but this title rests in australia now.[/QUOTE]

i should wash your mouth out with soap!!!! its an el camino, not a REAL truck!!! hahaha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back