Lowered the QC = poor ride. Suggestions to fix...

I have Tony's 2/5 kit. Hits the axle on big bumps or sudden inclines/declines- such as crowned intersections. Its a pain.

Also severe driveline vibrations after 90mph.

I have Tony's 2/5 kit. Hits the axle on big bumps or sudden inclines/declines- such as crowned intersections. Its a pain.

Also severe driveline vibrations after 90mph.

All these problems can be fixed with very little money just time and effort. Hell you can afford a viper you can afford to fix the problems lol

All these problems can be fixed with very little money just time and effort. Hell you can afford a viper you can afford to fix the problems lol

Bought cal-tracs- no change
Checked pinion angle- no change.

Only think left is maybe my driveshaft is out of balance.

So what is the little time/money way you are proposing?

i have airbags , no vibrations , no hits in the back.
only hits in front , tyres against wheelliners...
gonna change my 45 serie tyres to 40 series next month or so.;)

Bought cal-tracs- no change
Checked pinion angle- no change.

Only think left is maybe my driveshaft is out of balance.

So what is the little time/money way you are proposing?

C-notch for one and adjust pinion angle with shims for the other. Have drive shaft balanced.

lol...

C-notch isn't exactly little time and effort. Its at least a full days work. Ive already got all the steel to do the job, just don't have the time. So many projects going on at once.

Did you have to modify the bed at all to allow clearance for that higher portion of the C-notch??

lol...

C-notch isn't exactly little time and effort. Its at least a full days work. Ive already got all the steel to do the job, just don't have the time. So many projects going on at once.

Did you have to modify the bed at all to allow clearance for that higher portion of the C-notch??

Nope clears with no problem.

I guarantee on your vibrations is due to pinion angle. You need to take it to a shop that knows how to measure for it .

^^^^^^ I saw that Tremec has an app for that now, holding your phone against the engine, driveshaft, and rear it determines pinion angle for you.

No need to be afraid. It just pinon angle that needs to be adjusted. You are going from a 2 piece drive shaft which is forgiving to a 1 piece shaft which is not. mines was like that until i got the right shim. ive gotten mine to about 140 mph with zero vibration.

Yup nothing to fear, been lowered 2/4.5 for years with no issue. Now about 4/6.5 and zero issue. Indeed the driveline needs to be measured for angle irregularities, but otherwise smooth sailing. As mentioned, a C-Notch is required to go super low, but on a 2/4.5 drop I went years without any mods at all. Shocks finally gave way and added QA1s. She rides like a Big Caddy, and handles like a CTSV ;)

You 2 girls better lower your trucks and stop making us qc guys look bad. No performance car or truck should look like a 4 wheel drive.

Ha ha ha! Yes sir! As long as everyone is willing to give me their two cents on how to fix the harsh ride, I'll jump to.

My ride isn't "harsh" by any means.

The ride is planted and firm. For a large truck the turn in feel is amazing. I had to avoid a deer the other day and darted into the other lane to miss him and the truck was incredible. Instant response and confidence in the handling.

The only issue I have is the vibration and bottoming out. I'll C-notch the frame and fix that issue soon.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back