Mopar Gen IV hybrid install... underway

Well... a couple of things not included in the kit...

1) Mopar said to reuse the stock upper head bolts...A.R.T. does not want to do that. The lower bolts are custom, as the deck thickness of the Gen 4 head is greater than the Gen 3. So those were included... but no new upper head bolts.

2) Since my kit was the first shipped, it did not have the instructions done quite yet. A.R.T. got the instructions today, and towards the end, it states that Mopar recommends installing a larger fuel pump (not included in the kit). Of course, as it would be, the pump they recommend is for the Viper and not the truck, so it will not fit anyway. Looks like I'll be getting an upgraded in-tank pump as well.

Thanks for update. Its gotta be hard being the first and to hope nothing else is missing or not quite for truck.

yes sir, that is the "gamble" I took with this. However, this is the type of setup I wanted, so to me it has been worth the try. A.R.T. says the kit and instructions are designed with the car in mind...and let's be honest... that makes sense, due to the fact it is a larger market segment than the trucks.

I don't think anything is missing, per se... but it would have been nice to know that a larger fuel pump would be required (although, funny thing is that I was discussing that with David Weaver anyway as I dropped the truck off). Just like I knew the stock exhaust manifolds would not work, and something custom (Belangers with Gen 4 flange) would have to be fabbed first.

Again, I am not complaining... just documenting things I know that come up...it may help out the next person.

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. I am very anxious to hear how it comes out!

Here is the first picture. A.R.T. says they are having to fab a few emissions hoses that were in the kit, but were designed for the car. However, they are hoping to have it on the dyno by Tuesday.

1479-ram-srt-10-gen-iv-install1.jpg

Here is the first picture. A.R.T. says they are having to fab a few emissions hoses that were in the kit, but were designed for the car. However, they are hoping to have it on the dyno by Tuesday.

1479-ram-srt-10-gen-iv-install1.jpg

Sorry.......I think i squirted in my pants a little.:D

:rock::rock::rock:

looks like it filled the engine bay a bit more:dontknow::rock:

is the reflash goin to be for the car also????

Last edited:
:rock::rock::rock:

looks like it filled the engine bay a bit more:dontknow::rock:

is the reflash goin to be for the car also????

The engine management should be the same... I believe all they changed was the fuel/timing mapping since this uses larger injectors. But we'll find out!

The good thing is I have an extra ECM, so ART is going to try and tune it themselves with my SCT flash tuner. If that works out, I'm betting they make more power than the flash tune anyway.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what your baby makes on the Dyno.

Well, it is going to be a few more days before it hits the dyno and any custom tuning begins. ART got the clutch/upgraded hydraulics in, as well as the Belanger long tube headers and catted mid-pipes (which fit the heads perfectly)... however, the Belanger system does not mate up with the Billy Boat cat-back... there is ~4" gap between the end of the Belanger mids and the B&B cat-back... so ART is going to have to get some collectors and fab things together.

They plan to run it on the dyno and see if the stock fuel pump will be adequate, or whether the tank will have to be dropped and a larger pump installed. So that may create another delay, but not an unexpected one.

Again... can't really complain. The kit is all buttoned up except for this exhaust issue, and when you are trying to mate two different systems together, that can happen...although we figured it would work ok.

Will report back when the truck is on the dyno... hopefully Thurs or Fri.

Pick it up Sunday and stop on by little river on your way through, first race of the season:D

That sounds like a good plan... except my daughter has a club volleyball tourney this weekend. I don't miss my kids extracurriculars for anything... they grow up fast, and then those opportunities are past... and I'll have more time then to play with the cars.

Haven't been to little river in 2 decades. That's a fun venue to race at.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back