Need HELP/ ADVICE!!!

2ndchance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some advice and help from the experts. Last week i posted a thread about my Psi for the oil gauge dropping to 0 everytime i came to a stop. I took her to the dealer and they told me it was a relay switch that was bad and replaced it. They also did an oil change and told me that she was about 3-4 quarts low. They told me that after 30,000 miles that these engines comsume alot of oil. They told me that this is normal for these engines to comsume at least 1-2 quarts for every thousand miles. They stated that being low on oil also could be causing the problem for the Psi to drop.

My question is what the dealer stating true? After 30,000 mile these trucks eat up that much oil???

Anyone else having this problem??

-OR-

Am I facing a more serious problem and the dealer just doesn't want to fix the real problem. I am no genius but i don't think it is normal for the truck to comsume that much oil with in 2,000-3,000 miles.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Shouldn't be burning oil like that.
Have you looked underneath your truck?
Looked at the oil lines?

if you were useing that much oil you would have a big blue cloud following you around,the dealer is full of B.S.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Sounds like a bunch of ignorant BS to me. No way any motor should use a qt every 1K miles unless something is wrong.:(

gonna have to agree with the man... i used to own a lincoln town car (91)
ran the bitch up to 230,000 that's when it started to consume about half a
quart every 2k to 3k miles :p i know the cars/trucks are different but seriously
at 30k i doubt it... there are members on the board here that are over 45k
(pretty sure they'll pipe in) :rock:

Sharpi

well my warranty is already up, but i brought this problem to them prior to my warranty expiring. I am covered as far as that goes.

I checked the engine bay and lines. No oil is leaking anywhere. I am going crazy cause I don't want to do anymore damage to my engine, if any is occuring. I wish i knew what was wrong so I could just get it fixed!!!

What could be causing so much oil comsumage???

Thats obsurd. My work truck with 130,000 miles Only eats about half-3/4 a quart oil every 3 months. 2nd Chance Check For this: Bad Valve Seats.
Pressurized Cranckcase due
to Clogged Pcv Valve.

I have over 25K on my 05 QC. Most of the miles are hard miles. I change the oil every 2500 miles and always check levels before the oil change. No oil lost at all or it not noticeable to see a difference. Take your truck to several different shops for a free inspection and then go back to a different dealer with the findings from other shops.

Brad

Oil

Not the same engine, however the bigger the engine = more oil consumption.
IE: Furds 460 v-8 has an acceptable range of 1 qt oil per 300 to 800 miles!
That is from Furds Factory allowed oil consumtion standards:( :(

Annu Kumar said:
Thats obsurd. My work truck with 130,000 miles Only eats about half-3/4 a quart oil every 3 months. 2nd Chance Check For this: Bad Valve Seats.
Pressurized Cranckcase due
to Clogged Pcv Valve.

Ah, Dont you mean valve quides/ seals???????:confused:

I could understand if it was a quart, but it was about 4 quarts short. This is the 2nd time it happen to me. The first time it was 2 quarts low. Seems like it is getting worse everytime.

Are you sure the idjuts are not putting in 11 qts. then saying it is low.
it only holds 8.7 total by factory manuel. if thier using the old compuer data base this could happen. just a thought.

chrysler states that 1qt per 1k miles is considered normal for every engine in every car they build. do I agree no. but that's their specs. I typically use about 1.5 qts every 3k.

tHe Valve guides wear overtime causing Eccentricity (slop) The excess gap allows the flow of Oil down the Valve Stem into the Combustion chamber to be Burned. I don't No anymore.

I have an oil consumption notice from DC that states 1- quart for 1000 mi. is normal up to the 50,000 mi. mark, Then it goes to 1- quart every 750 mi.

J.R.

I am gonna have to do it the hard way and hit different dealers. If they all say the same thing then i will look for a tech who has some experience with these motors. Maybe gary at x-metal or sean at roe can help me out with an answer.

I know something is wrong but i am a dummy when it comes to cars/trucks.

JRSVIPR said:
I have an oil consumption notice from DC that states 1- quart for 1000 mi. is normal up to the 50,000 mi. mark, Then it goes to 1- quart every 750 mi.

J.R.

thanks, were did u get that notice?

Annu Kumar said:
tHe Valve guides wear overtime causing Eccentricity (slop) The excess gap allows the flow of Oil down the Valve Stem into the Combustion chamber to be Burned. I don't No anymore.

I will bring that up to them. thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back