New MOD!!! SRT style

NightRunner385 said:
"If i could do it all over again i would use the nag 1 out of an Lx ."

Please explain...:confused:

The 727 with the gear vendors overdrive is strong but for a daily driver i believe its going to be a pain. Since the 1st and 2nd gears are a higher gear ratio truck feels a bit heavy . I can counter the effects of the higher gear ratio with the 456 in the dana 60 but i loose my top end. I am sure that i could of installed the nag1 with less problem achieved better drivability and would of cost less . I went the direction i went because i was taken advice from people that didn't know any more than i did at the time.:dontknow:

Just an update on my build its up and running again. Put a hundred miles on it to day . During that time i ran a stock conv GT MUSTANG FROM A 60 roll and pulled immediately no contest. Ran an older conv gt with a 2600 stall tune and exauste, Had 2.5-3 lengths on him before a 1/4 . So my balls starting getting a bit big so they called in a z06 older bigger body style not the new one he wouldn't go from a dig, so at a 40mph roll with him setting us off i jumped his ass but thats when this happed and scared the hell out of me. If its not raining i should be able to hit the track next weekend.:rock:

Attachments

• 100_6191.JPG
    100_6191.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 58
OSO said:
Just an update on my build its up and running again. Put a hundred miles on it to day . During that time i ran a stock conv GT MUSTANG FROM A 60 roll and pulled immediately no contest. Ran an older conv gt with a 2600 stall tune and exauste, Had 2.5-3 lengths on him before a 1/4 . So my balls starting getting a bit big so they called in a z06 older bigger body style not the new one he wouldn't go from a dig, so at a 40mph roll with him setting us off i jumped his ass but thats when this happed and scared the hell out of me. If its not raining i should be able to hit the track next weekend.:rock:

Get yourself a good converter and do some serious weight loss and you could be in the mid to low 12s with the 415rwp figure...Example..

12.25 @ 106.9 -2004 RCSB 4x2 5.7L 383"- 383HEMI

He used Hooziers and basically redefines the term weight reduction..lol

Last edited:
jrgnd said:
Get yourself a good converter and do some serious weight loss and you could be in the mid to low 12s with the 415rwp figure...Example..

12.25 @ 106.9 -2004 RCSB 4x2 5.7L 383"- 383HEMI

He used Hooziers and basically redefines the term weight reduction..lol
383 is defiantly lighter than i am but i will always run full street trim. The runs last night were with 22s and a 392 rear ratio. If i drop in the 4.56 to compensate for the higher 1st and 2nd gear of the 727 i should easily be in the high 12s. Hell come to think about it i was hauling around a full size spare, small toolbox, grill for my 98, 30lbs worth of detail products bed cover trans lines new fog lights floor jack (small one) and a 120 pound passenger i guess i can drop some weight and still be in full street trim:D Being able to split all gears is my advantage for getting down the track quicker but damn its a pain in the ass, fun but a pain. Any body out side the truck thinks i am getting 2nd and 3rd gear scratches when i go from 1st to 1st-over then to second.

I know its different than the track but if that mustang is a mid 13 hell lets call it a high 13 car and i had 2+ lengths on him before the 1/4 mark i am going to say i am real close. I still need to work on the tune my a/f is low 11-10.9@ wot so im loosing power. Timing can still be advanced some to squeeze some more out. No to mention it was heat soaked and in hot as hell. I really think it will be in the 12s soon but thats just me trying to convince my self i didn't waste an ass load of money:eek:

So only the belt broke last night?? I hope that's all it was.. I would LOVE to see it in Panama City.. It's gonna seriously raise some eyebrows..

Venom Power said:
So only the belt broke last night?? I hope that's all it was.. I would LOVE to see it in Panama City.. It's gonna seriously raise some eyebrows..
Tensioner broke not the belt. Im still trying to make it need to get the tune right plus kill the 02 codes. I think the manual pcm is bad is why i get the codes, since i dont get 02 codes witht the auto pcm but i do get the trans codes.

Last edited:
ya think it will be ready for the LFC run comin up??????

i know im slow but aint that pic from bear creek park ,,,thats me ride on the far right lol

sweeeeeet just played it ,,,damn i might just another hemi lol ,,,well not today lol

good idea if i blow the tem motor hell go to the stroker!

Just as I expected.. That HEMI is a screamer.. Tensioner should be fixed by now, aye?

Venom Power said:
Just as I expected.. That HEMI is a screamer.. Tensioner should be fixed by now, aye?
Done! trying to get the tuning done . Its still dumping to much fuel at wot that's why the mustang was so close:).

Venom Power said:

you are bad mouthing that setup by calling it a hemi ,,,lol its a stroker baby

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back