New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

OK, since I can't drive my truck...I have talked to Stinker and DTS. I will take my truck to them so they can take their own measurements, then they will install it in my truck to be sure it works (to include the e-brake) before they ship to the other members who are getting in on this buy.

Now is the time to jump in, if you want to be with the group...pm stinker, this is going to solve a host of problems with repairs and traction!

As soon as the money is in Stinker's hands, I will drive to Warren, MI...maybe Monday or Tuesday if the weather is dry and the dollars are in Stinker's bank account (ohhh my God!!!!!!!!!).

he he he Stinky goin shoppin:p

got some more great news! my computer just got done at DC

(by the way Nowwhat was up there tryin to get me in trouble!!!LOLOL)

so hopefully the AEM may be coming sooooooooon:rock:

Stinker said:
he he he Stinky goin shoppin:p

got some more great news! my computer just got done at DC

(by the way Nowwhat was up there tryin to get me in trouble!!!LOLOL)

so hopefully the AEM may be coming sooooooooon:rock:

Manic is coming for a sleep over. :D

Computer??? Did you get a reflash done Stink?

wwweeelllll it was flashed but not in the way others were, I had to have some stuff turned off, so hopefully I can pass inspection;)

Prof said:
OK, since I can't drive my truck...I have talked to Stinker and DTS. I will take my truck to them so they can take their own measurements, then they will install it in my truck to be sure it works (to include the e-brake) before they ship to the other members who are getting in on this buy.

Now is the time to jump in, if you want to be with the group...pm stinker, this is going to solve a host of problems with repairs and traction!

As soon as the money is in Stinker's hands, I will drive to Warren, MI...maybe Monday or Tuesday if the weather is dry and the dollars are in Stinker's bank account (ohhh my God!!!!!!!!!).
Hey Roy, let me know when you are in town so we can meet up. The Warren location of DTS is only about 25 minutes from me. Are you leaving your truck for a while, or are you going to wait while they do the install? Let me know.

Bill.

Begood you need to hook up with the prof when he comes over next week, he is gonna leave her there for a few weeks while they measure and then install the new axle.

maybe you can drop by every now and then and check on his baby for him:D

I sent my info by email but here it is again just in case:

Ready............

4.56s....SVO's.....no coat(will do locally).....shipped with others from Cali.....

Thanks, Jimmy

Begood said:
Hey Roy, let me know when you are in town so we can meet up. The Warren location of DTS is only about 25 minutes from me. Are you leaving your truck for a while, or are you going to wait while they do the install? Let me know.

Bill.

Looking at the weather very carefully...looking to drive in the driest weather I can find in the next two or three days. I'm not sure my truck has ever been in the rain...let alone snow or sleet!!!!

I plan to leave her in Warren with DTS...they will make the measurements, send them to their manufacturing plant and then install mine in Warren to be sure the set up is what it is supposed to be. Then they will ship and I will come to get my truck...I will probably drive it straight to Boomer's place and get some work done there then pick it up from him later in March or April.

Snow should be gone up here...Great Lakes Drag strip opens in late March so I hope to be testing and tuning in early April.

I will let you know when I plan to be in Warren as soon as I know and we will break bread or Corona bottles for an hour or two.

Roy

Sounds good guys. I can't get by there much on weekdays because they are open the same hours we are open, but saturdays are no problem. Roy I look forward to meeting you.

Bill.

ok Begood good excuse:p

lets see an hour for lunch

20 minutes away

so 25 minutes travel each way= 50 minutes

5 minutes there to check on things = 55 minutes

1 minute to check out fat secretary=56 minutes

1 minute to give the guy who ran the red light the finger=57 minutes

hell that leaves 3 minutes to piss , have a smoke, and drink a beer!

what u complainin bout:dontknow: :D :D :D :D :D :D LOLOLOLOl

WOW, you are quite the organizer. I didn't know I could do that, thank you.:p

Bill.

drive a rig bro!LOLOL

you gotta plan when ta piss ya know!!:D

we also gotta late edition

Ram From Hell:rock:

one complet assembly with wildwoods
$2600
powder coat $150
cryo $150
total $2900 pd

Come on fence sitters! This is something that you will regret not getting. Hell, it will be insurance that will let you sleep at night rather than worrying about that little clink sound that seems to be coming from the rear end...and I expect that the Detroit Locker plus caltracs will net a half second...now I have huge traction problems, but I think most could count on .2 or .3 with the locker...and then add the ease of bolt on slicks without shaving the calipers, and then add the ability to go with the rear end ratio you really want...and I have expectations of being able to easily change ratios very easily with this mod if wanted...(that is my assumption, not a stated and supported fact, maybe someone can verify that for me??).

This is a one time opportunity...We may get another buy together later, but this has been a labor of love by Stinker. I hope those of you that are waiting, will have his attention for the next buy...he is dedicated...but I think now would be the best time to act!

Just my opinion...anyway, looking at driving to Warren on Sunday if it stays dry to avoid weather...staying overnight, and leaving the truck at DTS on Monday and driving a rental back to IL in the snow Monday! Figure a month for measurement, manufacture and install. Then off to Boomer for more mods before spring, "and then, and then...along comes..." (wasn't there a song with that line some 50 years ago????

Roy

Last edited:
Hey Roy call my cell when you get close to town. 586-557-1728.

Bill.

Prof said:
Come on fence sitters! This is something that you will regret not getting. Hell, it will be insurance that will let you sleep at night rather than worrying about that little clink sound that seems to be coming from the rear end...and I expect that the Detroit Locker plus caltracs will net a half second...now I have huge traction problems, but I think most could count on .2 or .3 with the locker...and then add the ease of bolt on slicks without shaving the calipers, and then add the ability to go with the rear end ratio you really want...and I have expectations of being able to easily change ratios very easily with this mod if wanted...(that is my assumption, not a stated and supported fact, maybe someone can verify that for me??).

This is a one time opportunity...We may get another buy together later, but this has been a labor of love by Stinker. I hope those of you that are waiting, will have his attention for the next buy...he is dedicated...but I think now would be the best time to act!

Just my opinion...anyway, looking at driving to Warren on Sunday if it stays dry to avoid weather...staying overnight, and leaving the truck at DTS on Monday and driving a rental back to IL in the snow Monday! Figure a month for measurement, manufacture and install. Then off to Boomer for more mods before spring, "and then, and then...along comes..." (wasn't there a song with that line some 50 years ago????

Roy

Roy,

Thank you so much for taking and leaving your truck with DTS to have them get the measurments. That is just over the top.

When my divorce is final, I am going to be begging for this mod. I just hope that I can get in on it then. In any case, thanks for doing the leg work. I will be grateful.

Ask for cash to do this mod in the divorce decree...since you have missed the opportunity now...any sensible judge will understand!

FSTJACK said:
Roy,

Thank you so much for taking and leaving your truck with DTS to have them get the measurments. That is just over the top.

You are welcome Jack. I know none of us would sleep for a month if DTS was going by Stinkers measurements...can he count? It's bad enough that he is gathering the dollars...but a measuring tape...now that is just asking too much from a man like him...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back