New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

I'll ask.
Im completely ignorant in this, why would this need to be done, and what benefit would come from this package?

Thanks!

Its mainly for the guys that are getting performance oriented.
From what most have experienced anything over 600rwhp is breaking the spider gears in the differential.

Rice Eater just blew the carrier and spiders out of his only running NOS.

The benifiets are no more problems the detroit locker is almost bullet proof as well as the axles. With a plus of being able to accomodat the 15 inch wheels some of us so badly need.

And Bone he will mount the perches over or under whichever you prefer, plus whichever gear ratio you want bro.

i would imagine this is the way it will go.

I would call him when we have enough commited people, everyone would send their money to him and give him what options they want and where they want their perches to be.

Such as an example

1 complete axle with 4.56 ratio, perches on bottom,with a wildwood brake set up.

or
1 complete axle with a 4.88 ratio, with perches on top and a aerospace brake system.

The best deal for the money for those thinking is going with the standard set up, with the ford SVO brake system, out of the box its gonna be hard to beat I think. For $2300(if we get enough people) you get a detroit locker, 35 spline strange axles , any ratio, and the SVO brake set up wich is similar to ours with the park brake integrated into the rotor assembly.
Plus with this combination if you later decide to upgrade the brakes its a simple change.

I had other questions also like a billet cap on the carrier

and what type of axle cover also.

But if you are having doubts about this, but want it , jsut add up the pieces separatly and I think you may find for $2300 or $2600 its not a bad deal.

And of course you have options like powder coating, cryo, and so on.

I think Begood has had a couple axle assemblies done with DTS, maybe he can chime in and give us an opinion of his experiences with them.

Yes, they did the complete change from 4.10 to 4.56 in my truck. Plus they did work on the Dana 60 in my Duster, and I just had them put a trac lock in the Dakota I picked up to drive (since my 96 is now a charcoal briquet). They do good work.

Bill.

What is real funny is, my 96 burned to the ground right across the street from them. They do a lot of hi horsepower drag cars, and oval track cars also.

Bill.

Tony, you know I am here for you! However just so everyone else knows I am speaking the total truth about DTS, these guys are very big in the hi-performance world, and more importantly the hi-performance MOPAR world. They KNOW their Shit.

Bill.

Thats why I went with them Begood , there name is out there .

I was goin to call and talk with Mark williams which Jack used but for the same stuff it was around $4200.

that's a great deal for a rear-end... I paid a bit more for my Land Cruiser rear end... it's a full floater with ARB lockers.. nevertheless 2300 is a GREAT deal... nice stinker... If I had my truck boosted... I'd be in :dontknow: too many other hobbies eatin my cash right now :confused:

Well.... I am cookling up "somethin'" and all I can say is I AM IN!

DANA Super 60 "cryoed" and 4:88 w/ Wilwood's are good enough for me. :D ;)

:rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm interested in the idea, but this doesn't fall in line for me right now though... still waiting to toss in the paxton... then I think I'll rag it out till something breaks then upgrade.

Actually I wish I had a RC to play with. I've put so much into the aesthetic aspect it'd be a shame if I wrecked it goofing off. o_O.... I wonder what the cheapest price I could find for a banged up 04 RC.... But then again, another expensive set of insurance payments... I get carried away... but still I wonder.... lol

Azmal said:
I'm interested in the idea, but this doesn't fall in line for me right now though... still waiting to toss in the paxton... then I think I'll rag it out till something breaks then upgrade.

Actually I wish I had a RC to play with. I've put so much into the aesthetic aspect it'd be a shame if I wrecked it goofing off. o_O.... I wonder what the cheapest price I could find for a banged up 04 RC.... But then again, another expensive set of insurance payments... I get carried away... but still I wonder.... lol

Actually that is a poor plan. When something breaks, it also has the potential to do damage to other components, up to and including your engine, or in a worst case scenero, totaling your truck and possible injury to yourself and others.

dream-wrecker lol j/k
I'm not as hard on it as that sounded.
I dont think I have to worry too much with just a standard paxton install, will I? Mostly its a daily driver that I'd like to take to shows eventually but drag strip sometimes, a little hot rodding here and there, couple donuts and tire smokes. If I decide to go hardcore with it, then yeah. I'd beef up everything else.

Cheap peace of mind.............

Gentlemen the question is not if the rear end will break, it is when it will break. The carrier is very marginal and with a few hard miles it will break the spiders and side gears. Many Ram SRT-10 rear ends have been broken with stock tires and motors.

I have all Mark Williams parts and a lot of money in the rear end for the silver truck beacuse that is what it needs, to stay alive.

I like to drive my vehicles without fear of breaking parts.
I have already installed polished and cryoed differential carrier gears in the red truck. This is just prolonging the inevatable. They will break it just will take a little longer. I like to drive hard, and race the truck once in a while. So it will break the rear end. (Even with polished and cryoed spider and side gears)

Tony's set up is a great way to go for over 1000 HP. It is very cost effective. That is why I am going to buy one for the red truck. A straight bolt in, that also solves the wheel tire problem. No more grinding calipers, use any style wheel you want with the correct backspacing. This is an absolute no brainer.

Check the box.
Send the money.
Motor down the road or track without fear of breaking the rear end.

Azmal, you would likely need a tranny upgrade as well. I personally would do the tranny upgrades before the rearend upgrades. Most of the rears that have blown have come from RC trucks. Most of those blew due to a burnout issue (got one tire spinning). Blakes/Brady/Myself/jgrnd all kept our stock rearends together, although I swapped mine out after just a week or two. I believe brady/Blake kept theirs together because the tire they had wasn't good enough to actually hook the truck, therefor keeping the stress level down a bit.

I can't wait to see blake's truck run with the new tires. I'm eager to see the time difference.

Isn't this already a super 60 in our trucks. I understand you are getting bigger shafts and a stronger carrier, the housing isn't a weak link any way.

Some one was wondering about the cover on the RC with the shock mount. As long as it is a 60 our stock cover will bolt right on to it, even the dana 70 uses the same cover as a dana 60.

I would think the E-Brake is the biggest unknown, wouldn't want to have to modify the stock cables.

Thanks Mopar, I think its a yes just a modified up to date 60 with c clips, you can send them your housing and they can modify it, but with the price they have given me, I am opting to buy it outright and then sell mine later and recoupe some of the dollars.

I have to go uptown and should be back after lunch eastern time, and will call them about the questions everyone has.

LIST
Stinker
Nowwhat
Black 1

I wish I could do this right now, but there is just no way at this time. Thank you Tony for all your work on this, I will do this when I can.

Bill.

Stinker said:
Ok fellas after many phone calls here is the best deal I can come up with.

From DTS Drive Train Services in Michigan

REAR AXLE

It will have a new dana super 60 housing.

35 spline strange axles, with 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern.

Detroit locker with the machined surface for the ABS ring gear so we can maintain ABS.

Any ring gear ratio you want.(dana corp)

Spring perches welded on as well as shock mounts.

Ford axle end bearings.

Stock width axle.

any size pinion.

Price $2250

BRAKES

Have 3 choices.

Ford SVO, basically a small caliper
$400
Wildwood or aerospace caliper( better piston configuration)
$800

Both systems will allow for park brake and be able to install 15 inch rims.

WARRANTY

1 year manufacture warranty on all parts.

guarantee to fit.

10 year on axles.

Notes
The reason for a dana super 60 is it is available easily as far as housing and parts.
Detroit locker seems to be the best reliable way to go.
Should take about 2-3 weeks to build.
Reason for any pinion is he said he hasnt seen enough of the factory axles to take measurements to tell whether the driveshaft length will have to change or not, but probably not. If so the Driveshaft may have to be shortened or lengthened, but we did not do any measuring over the phone.
We will need to measure also for spring perches and shock mounts.

PRICE

complete axle $2250
Brakes
Ford SVO $400
Upgrade aerospace or wildwood $800

GROUP BUY!************************************************

AXLE $1950
Brakes ford $350
Upgrade wildwood or aerospace $650

HOW MANY PEOPLE?
We need 5 people to confirm a group buy, may go lower with more people.

End result price wise?

complete with ford $2650
compelte with upgrade $3050

WITH GROUP BUY******************************************
KILLER DEAL!!!!

complete with ford $2300
complete with upgrade $2600

What you will get is a rear axle combination where you can run a 15 inch rim if you wish and also have the piece of mind of a reliable axle combination.

Just need to know who may be interested. Basically if we get 5 people interested we can have a stong rear axle configuration with wildwood or aerospace brakes , any ring gear ratio, a locker differential, mounted ready to go for only $2600 or with the lesser ford combination at $2300!
Hard to freakin beat guys

This is fawking cheap!!!! Is our bolt patter the same as that of a stock TJ??? I might get two.....this is very temping, great work Tony....I'll be in touch, let me talk to a couple of locals and see what is up!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back