New Rear axle info,,,,,Group buy?

tidnab said:
49 minutes??? :p how much of that time was you just sitting looking at the boards thinking to yourself (I can't post yet, they'll all know I only lasted for 4.9) :p

Hopefully Stinker is better then his 1/4 mile time.... :p :D

LOLOOLOL the older I get , the more time I take, the more I enjoy it!LOLOL

never know when it will come around again!:D

Are you looking just for axles?

Ferrari pm some of the guys that are thinking about it and ya'll may be able to work something out, I know I am using mine ,but may have it for sale later.

Fstjack dont know, nowwhat dont know, maybe pm NBT we talked this evening and he may be interested

Guys we have alot of guys I talked to today need a couple weeks to see if its financially possibly(meaning they need to talk to their wives:D )

So I figure we will give it a couple weeks on this group buy, to give everyone a chance.

Is that ok with everyone, and remember for those that I spoke with today that are kinda short, the one for $2300 is still a great deal, its only the brakes that are making them different, and later on they can be upgraded if ya want.

So is this ok?

1fast400 even though we dunt see eye to eye, you are more than welcome to get in on the group buy, and get a great axle for a great price.

You can get it any way you want also, brakes gear ratio whatever

Stinker, why would I want a rearend, I already have one in my truck? I don't like the detroit locker, which is why I didn't go with one.

I had a Detroit Locker in my 96 Ram and I loved it. However it is not for everyone, it has its quirks, but it is very strong and dependable.

Bill.

Begood said:
I had a Detroit Locker in my 96 Ram and I loved it. However it is not for everyone, it has its quirks, but it is very strong and dependable.

Bill.

Tell us more Bill...is it clunky, loud, and kind of out of its element turning corners?

While this is a great idea we should all go in with full disclosure and prepared for the downsides...I love Boomers Gen IV shifter, others were dismayed by the noise and vibration...

Give us your impressions, please.

Just being courteous 400.

bud as far as differentials is concerned the detroit locker is a tad noisy at times, but in the trucks it should be much of a problem.

I made probably 50 calls to manufacturers, builders and suppliers, and they all told me the same thing the detroit locker for track excursions and daily driving.

If you want a quieterrear differential we can do the true trac, which is desinged for the street and road racing. As you go around corners an dsuch it applies trq to whichever wheel that needs it. More or less like a limited slip differential. The only problem is at the strip it will hook on one side, then switch to the other side and back and forth.
Now this may not be a problem for some , and probably a better way to go. The true trac also will not be as tough as the locker, but if most of the driving is on the street there shouldnt be a problem.
I can get the complete axle with the true trac, all I need to do is call and get a different price.

the locker is much more performance oriented for the track and street. Under acceleration both axles will lock together givin more traction. But what most dont like is street conditions where in cormering ti will lock and unlock, so you may here some clicking in turns. But as the guy at DTS said ,it may not be that noticable in the trucks as they are under the bed next to the exhaust instead of under the backseat of a car.

The otherI dont think is an option for any of us , basically both axles engage, and you will skirt the tires around corners and bascially makes it a straight line truck.

I encourage anyone to call and ask DTS questions 800-521-0628 and ask for Rick if I am not mistaken, h will gladly answer any questions.

I just prefer the powerlock, 40 years of useage and no noise.

Hey Stinker, here's a ?

My off-roader has ARB lockers , you're probably familiar with them, they're lockers that are engaged by compression (there's an air compressor that hooks up to them and engages them). You just click a button (which turns on the compressor{which also can be used to air up your tires} then push button 2 which turns on the lockers]

The only downside I see is weight (the compressor weighs a little) and cost. I'm pretty sure an ARB setup is going to cost more.. but you'd really only want them locked on the track anyway(1/4 mile track not a course).... I had a detroit locked rearend in my LC several years ago with ... they couldn't take the strain of pavement cornering.. They literally got shreeded into bits and stopped working..(which is why I now have the full floater ARB's :D

While we're on this topic, figure out how to convert our trucks to AWD... all wee need is a transfer case and a new front end right?? lolol :p

Yep the Air locker is also a solution, jsut didnt know if anyone would want to go to the extent of doing the air compressor and so on:dontknow:

AWD hhhhmmmmm:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back